HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chelee's third opinion - Dr. Slamon! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41333)

StephN 10-06-2009 10:56 AM

Chelee's third opinion - Dr. Slamon!

"
Hi Harrie, So far I have two 2nd opinions set-up. One with the onc Joe recommended that has a very impressive backround...can't wait to go see her.

Then just today it wasn't easy but I managed to get a 2nd opinion with Dr. Slamon. He is a very busy man & only consults one or two days a month now. At first they told I couldn't get in till November. Its a long story but I got a call back and he will see me next week. I feel so relieved. Thanks for asking.

Chelee"

The above was buried in another post, but I wanted to give it the mention it is due! WAY TO GO, Woman! Grab that Mets Bull by the horns and put it in the ring with the best matador onc you can find.

Hope you don't mind my tooting YOUR horn for you and I know you are exhausted with this whole thing by now. You did the max and it is time to kick back a bit and let the time pass. Shall we play "Bolero" for you while you wait??

ElaineM 10-06-2009 11:51 AM

Re: Chelee's third opinion - Dr. Slamon!

That's really great news !!

schoolteacher 10-06-2009 11:51 AM

Chelee,

Glad you got an appointment with Dr. Slamon. Stephanie, hope you are feeling better.

Amelia

Ellie F 10-06-2009 12:04 PM

Hi Chelee
Brilliant news! An appointment with the MAN himself.Sure he will have just the right combo to get these mets under control.
Love and hugs
Ellie

loveher 10-06-2009 12:18 PM

So glad to hear this. i hope Chelee gets the best treatment possible. I think i'd like to meet dr slamon too.

suzan w 10-06-2009 12:32 PM

WAY TO GO Chelee!!!!! XO Suzan

michka 10-06-2009 01:44 PM

Thanks for the news Steph! Chelee, you will be in The best hands. I am happy that this intolerable delay to get other opinions is going to end soon. Hugs, keep strong. Michka

lexigirl 10-06-2009 02:17 PM

Oh Chelee, that sounds like great news! You will be in great hands for sure!!

Lexi

RhondaH 10-06-2009 02:26 PM

GREAT NEWS Chelee!!!!

tricia keegan 10-06-2009 02:54 PM

Chelee, amazing news and delighted to know you'll see Dr Slamon!
Keep us posted:)

Yorkiegirl 10-06-2009 04:14 PM

YEAH Chelee this is GREAT NEW'S that you get to see Dr. Slamon. Please keep us posted.

Jean 10-06-2009 04:58 PM

Chelee,

:) that says it all!

hugs,
Jean

caya 10-06-2009 05:58 PM

Chelee,

Great news!! I met Dr. Slamon at the Breast Cancer Symposium in Toronto this past March - he is so well spoken, nice and down to earth, never mind being the "father" of Herceptin.
Please keep us posted.

all the best
caya

alicem 10-06-2009 07:43 PM

Wonderful news Chelee!!

Make sure he knows that everyone here at the forum sends him love and hugs!!

DianneS 10-06-2009 07:54 PM

Chelee - That is such good news! You're seeing the best. That must be a huge load off your mind to know that.

Keep us posted - as your time allows!
Dianne

sarah 10-07-2009 05:49 AM

WOW!!! well done! Can't do better than that!!!
A+
sarah

WolverineFan 10-07-2009 08:17 AM

Great news, Chelee!!! Please keep us posted!

Shobha 10-07-2009 08:29 AM

Chelee,

You are always in my prayers. I am sure Dr. Slamon will help get the answers you seek and put you on the path of recovery!

God bless.
shobha

Chelee 10-07-2009 03:20 PM

Hi Steph, No...I don't mind you tooting my horn at all. :) I've just been so busy with calls & getting records sent here & there...it's been alot of work and I'll still not done. So time consuming. It's been hard to check in on the board...I'm on over load but I'll feel so much better after I see Dr. Slamon. I am so thankful he is going to see me this quickly. I still can't believe I'm going to get into see him...I was in tears when I got off the phone...it was such a relief!

I am so looking forward to meeting "the man" himself. I've researched and learned so much about Dr. Slamon over the last 3 yrs & 9 months...not to mention hearing from people that have been seen by him...I can't explain how excited I am to get to talk to him. (Finally in this nightmare of mine I get some peace of mind...that I am so thankful for.) It must be all the prayers that made this happen. Thanks to all.

Chelee

Laurel 10-07-2009 06:29 PM

Chelee, I am so elated at your wonderful news! Wow! Dennis Slamon! I am praying he has a major trick up his sleeve for you, Girl. Way to fight! I am in awe of one brave lady!