HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chemo Treatments Over! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48589)

Peg 01-30-2011 09:43 AM

Chemo Treatments Over!

WooHoo! Finally finished chemo on January 24; it was delayed one week because I had to have another transfusion. Am all marked up and tattooed for radiation beginning on February 7 and have the first Herceptin only infusion on February 14. In addition, will take a hormone pill every day for five years, my oncologist said we will talk more on the 14th. I am looking forward to growing hair, going back to work full time and feeling normal again, whatever that means.

Peg

Mary L 01-30-2011 02:11 PM

Re: Chemo Treatments Over!

Congratulations!!!! Isn't it a great feeling to be done with chemo? Radiation will be so much easier for you. Just be aware that you will feel very tired while on the radiation. Just get plenty of rest. Great job!!! Mary L

sassy 01-30-2011 03:09 PM

One big hurdle behind you! Radiation is tiring, but nothing compared to chemo. Keep the faith!

krisvell 01-30-2011 03:19 PM

Peg,
Congratulations. That’s a huge milestone you accomplished. The rest of your treatments should be a walk in the park. At least they were for me.
Celebrate your accomplishment.
Hugs,

Kris….

Jackie07 01-30-2011 04:07 PM

Congratulations!

Are you going to take Tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor such as Arimadix?

Sheila 01-30-2011 06:10 PM

Peg
Congratulations on the chemo ending...now remember to get your rest while you deal with the rads....celbrate the 1st hurdle being an obstacle overcome!

ginnyg898 02-02-2011 12:20 PM

Congratulations Peg!

I am in exactly the same place you are. I completed chemo two weeks ago, have surgery this month, followed by radiation and herceptin. I will then go on Tamoxifen. I cant wait to have energy and feel like me again.

My hair started to come in about a week ago and I already have quite a bit; well, maybe not but when I look in the mirror I am so excited to see hair on my head again that it probably looks like alot to me. I spend a good part of my day looking at my grey fuzz :P

Best of luck to you!

schoolteacher 02-02-2011 02:22 PM

Congratulations Peg.

Amelia

Trish 02-02-2011 05:14 PM

Congratulations-the worst is behind you.
Trish

Jean 02-02-2011 08:35 PM

Peg,
Congratulations ! A day certainly to embrace with joy.
I found that making the radiation appointments the last of the night later at night would work very well. I would make my appt. at 8PM be back home in my PJ
in no time and just went to bed and slept thru the night. I found that when I had rad trts. during the day
by 4 pm I was exhausted. Plus there are usually no delays later in the day as machines have problems during the busy day schedule and you can sit and wait.

Best of luck with the rest of your trt.
jean

Jean 02-02-2011 08:36 PM

Sassy - your new photo is beautiful!!!!!!

jean

3twins 02-02-2011 10:10 PM

Oh, Happy Day! Congratulations!

Laurieanne 02-03-2011 04:30 AM

Congratulations...Radiation was not that bad for me at all..Just a little fatigued!
Laurie :)

tricia keegan 02-03-2011 08:55 AM

Congratulations Peg!!

Radiation was a breeze for me after chemo and I hope will be for you too:)