HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What are we thankful for this thanksgiving? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52255)

Laurel 11-24-2011 05:53 AM

What are we thankful for this thanksgiving?

Ok, Everyone, I will begin:

1. I am so grateful for each and every man and woman who is a member of HER2 Support.org. I am thankful for the hard work that Crissy, Rhonda (Sassie), Becky, and Steph perform on our behalf to keep this site up and running.

2. To God for blessing Dennis Slamon with intelligence and compassion and SUCCESS!!!!

I've started this thread with just 2 items. There are dozens more I could post, but I want to hear what all of you are thankful for. I wish each of you a blessed Thanksgiving. This is my 4th Thanksgiving since being diagnosed and I recall vividly wondering if that first one post cancer would be my last. Just yesterday my surgeon released me to annual checkups! Hurray! Another thing I am thankful for!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!

Laurel

Redwolf8812 11-24-2011 06:03 AM

Re: What are we thankful for this thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful to God for sending His only Son in the flesh to suffer and die on the cross so that my sins are forgiven, my soul saved, my wounds, illnesses, temptations, and addictions cured, for raising Him from the dead so that we may enjoy eternal life with Him!

chemteach 11-24-2011 07:07 AM

I am thankful for family, friends, and all of you because we can share and support each other like no one else can. I am thankful for physicians and the research that has gone into this disease and those who were in those early trials that benefit us today. I am thankful for this beautiful day and the wonders God gave us to enjoy!

StephN 11-24-2011 11:40 AM

Grateful for my many blessing during 2010.
Thankful that my mother, who has had some bad falls, is on her feet again and doing pretty well.
Thankful for the wonderful travel opportunities I was allowed by increasingly good health this year.
My very supportive husband and family (that includes all my friends and HER2 sisters) give me pause to stop and say a prayer of appreciation that they are all in my life.

Thankful for Laurel taking a moment from her busy life to post this thread.

BonnieR 11-24-2011 11:52 AM

As I just posted on another thread, I am grateful for this site and all the support it has given me and has allowed me to pass on to others.
Thinking about my first Thanksgiving during chemo, my husband was away so our brother in law (who was also cooking at home) drove 2 hours to come and get me and the dog and drive us back to his house so I would not be alone on the holiday. I will always remember that generous act. People are good.
Keep the faith.

AlaskaAngel 11-24-2011 12:08 PM

My older sister and I have both been through dx and tx and are doing well, and shared our annual Thanksgiving phone call today. We both remember how horrible treatment was and the taste of chemotherapy, and are thankful we can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner this year. To those who are now struggling to get past that truly awful experience, I am so sorry you are still dealing with it, and wish the best for you to get past it and on to better times.

AlaskaAngel

karen z 11-24-2011 01:42 PM

I am grateful for friends and family (on & off this site) and the existence and continuation of this site- an ongoing tribute to Joe and Christine. And I am grateful to the many compassionate medical researchers who work around the clock as well as the great nurses and docs out there who have helped and are helping us all.

PatriceH 11-24-2011 07:06 PM

Life and the opportunity to embrace every minute!

Laurel 11-24-2011 08:33 PM

I am thankful for Christine and Joe Druther for founding this wonderful site!

Pickles.

Red Wine.

Cats.

That the Packers won today.

ElaineM 11-24-2011 08:35 PM

Here is my contribution.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52251

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...119#post262119

Estelle 11-24-2011 10:38 PM

I am thankful for so many things hard to pick out just a few to list.

I am thankful to God who restored my joy 10 days after dx, and that I finally learned what it means to turn something over to God.

I am thankful for being NED, almost 3 years after diagnosis, despite 10 positive lymph nodes

I am thankful for this board, those who run and contribute to it, because it provides not only information, but more importantly, inspiration

I am thankful for my beautiful sweet daughter, who really took care of me through two surgeries, chemo, radiation, Tykerb (bad reaction) and herceptin, and just graduated with her degree in Sociology, which she earned online, while caring for me.

bejuce 11-25-2011 12:15 AM

I am thankful for the love of my family and friends and for
all the HER-2 heroes out there trying to cure this disease once and for all.

NEDenise 11-25-2011 12:44 PM

When I count my blessings...my HER2 sisters, and the site we share, are ALWAYS on the list.

I can't even imagine how I'd have dealt with this whole mess without your wisdom and support.

It's such a relief to have someplace to go, where I don't have to bring anyone up to speed about what it's like to be me..... with my dx,
and my tx,
and my side effects,
and my risk of recurring,
and on and on!

God bless every single one of you! (the "guys" too)
Denise