HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Royal wedding (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49810)

Jackie07 04-29-2011 03:07 AM

Royal wedding

Happened to wake up (been on a 6-hour sleep cycle) at 4:15 am and it turned out to be the perfect time to watch the wedding of 'William and Kate'.

Lee probably will have some good comments on all those 'hats'. [Watched 'Alice in wonderland' several times on cable not long ago.]

O the choir is singing beautifully... Now I'm thinking of Julie Andrews in 'The Song of music'... and the wedding scene of 'the Princess bride' [the Archbishop...:)]

Now everyone sings... (including Elton John and his partner caught on the camera.)

The Dean of the royal abbey (Bishop of London?) is giving a speech - reminds me of one of the sermon scenes in 'Mr. Bean' (TV) ... [O oh, did they just catch the Queen nodding off on camera?]

Now the choir sings again (a brand new hymn written by one of the new couple's friends.)

Reciting the Lord's Prayer...

More music by the choir and the orchestra.

The carriage reminds me of 'Cinderella' - surely those are real horses and the carriage is not made from the pumpkin...

chrisy 04-29-2011 08:19 AM

Re: Royal wedding

LOL!

Now I don't feel bad not to have gotten up at 3am to watch! I feel like I was there...

Colleens_Husband 04-29-2011 08:54 AM

Jackie:

With all due respect, are you trying to provoke a fight? God knows that I tried to keep quite about the royal wedding but you invoked my name in your thread. I even hid in the bunker to avoid the whole Royal Hoot-a-nanny. What is a guy like me supposed to do?

Yes, it did look like the United Kingdom declared a silly hat day. I can hear it now,

"Honey, I got a cheese wheel lodged in my skull."
"Is it stinky cheese?"
"We are British and don't bathe regularly, how can one tell?"
"Good point dear, why don't we leave it in till Friday and you can wear it to the wedding."
"Brilliant idea! Just Brilliant!"

And what is wrong with Kate Middleton? Doesn't she have any standards? Does she have blurry eyesight? After all she is marrying the hellspawn of Chuck the Chimp and Lady Dead. I am sure she can do much better than marrying into a family of upperclass German twits. The royals have faces made for radio. There isn't a chin on the whole lot of them. And those scary teeth! With all the money they have one would think they could afford modern dentistry. How much inbreeding is required to produce chicklets the size of fence planks. Half the royal family can floss with a bicycle chain.

The only royal who shouldn't come with a warning label is Prince Harry, and this is just a guess, but I think he needs to go onto the Maury Povich Show to find out who his real dad is.

And what about Princess Eugenie? The main difference between her and a horse is that the princess has slightly more facial hair. She is not an attractive woman.

And as an American, why would I care about the Royal Family. After all we fought two wars so that we could proudly ignore these snobs, you know, the whole land of the free, home of the brave, Yankee Doodle thing. Isn't being American antithetical to the whole concept that some people are born better than others? And just what measuring stick are they using to declare themselves better than others. Were their ancestors better skilled at fratricide than mine? Were their ancestors more morale than mine? Or were their ancestors more ruthless, barbaric, and warlike than mine in the sixth century?

I am not going to a royal wedding until one of those twits come to one of our family's weddings. It is only fair.

I'm just saying......

Colleens_Husband 04-29-2011 09:00 AM

On second thought, perhaps I was being a bit harsh. After all they are quaint. They are certainly a tourist attraction. Sort of like Sinclair, Wyoming without the giant concrete dinosaur.

PinkGirl 04-29-2011 10:23 AM

Today I am Lady Grace Weiner of Meadwell and I'm married
to Lord James Biffy of Price ....

Jeanette 04-29-2011 11:11 AM

Wo are you anti Brits or what. as a very proud Scot I resent some of the remarks. Maybe you should grow up , That means you lee. Even if some of the reamrks were tongue in cheek., Jeanette

Unregistered 04-29-2011 01:47 PM

cheap air flights :] car insurance quotes >:OOO insurance auto auctions rmbud life insurance cva

ElaineM 04-29-2011 02:07 PM

I agree about "somebody" being rude. Even if a person is not particularly interested in the royal wedding every bride and groom no matter who they are deserves respect and wishes for all the best on their wedding day and in their future life together !!!!!!!!! Even though I am not British I wish William and Kate a good future and many years of happiness in their marriage and in their lives.
If a person can't say something nice that person should refrain from commenting to keep peace if for no other reason.

Mary L 04-29-2011 02:36 PM

I agree with you Elaine. I watched a replay of the wedding and I loved it. Sometimes it is nice to see something "happy". I like Prince William and Prince Harry and they watched their mother's life fall apart. I hope he has a long and happy marriage.

PinkGirl 04-29-2011 02:59 PM

While I watched the wedding this morning, I sipped orange juice out of a crystal wine glass and all day long I practised my royal 'wave' :)

Mary L 04-29-2011 04:05 PM

You are not only rude....you are crude. I'm sure you are proud of yourself

bejuce 04-29-2011 07:22 PM

It's all in good fun, gals! Brought a smile to my face. Seriously, the Middleton family has a lot of style. Beautiful dresses worn by all. Have you seen Pippa's emerald dress? Absolutely stunning! And David Beckham was a dream! As for some of the hats, well, that's another story...

I wish them a long, loving, and healthy, cancer-free life!

Jackie07 04-29-2011 08:03 PM

I am watching it again on Dateline NBC. My apology to anyone who's got offended by anyone's remarks. We should have stuck to the subject of those beautiful hats.

The whole ceremony was beautiful and the arrangement of the bridesmaids and best men (those adorable children) was brilliant.

The fact that the couple has been dating for so long (including a brief break-up in 2007) should reassure everyone that the tragedy of Lady Diana and Prince Charles will not repeat itself.

It's obvious that 'Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.' Most guys just don't care that much about weddings and the hypes of the wedding dress... The only thing they might pay attention to was probably the Aston Martin the new couple drove.
Again it is completely my fault. And I wanted to thank everyone for being honest about his/her feelings. Not many forums allow honest conversation/sharing of feelings [or 'free-association' in the wee hour of 4 am :)] like what we have here. Let's keep it that way.

Unregistered 04-30-2011 02:19 AM

Jackie07: it was not your fault at all, some of the hats were something else... :-)

Bejuce: I don't agree that the comments were "all in good fun" but hey...
I think what offended me most was the "lady dead" comment, as a mum after cancer I just want to see my children grow up and hopefully be at their weddings. As I said earlier I am not a royalist but I thought of Diana on the day, I'm sure both boys would have liked their mum there:-(

colleens_husband: I thought I was maybe being a bit harsh so I read your post again in the hope I could find something light hearted but I'm afraid not... Germans, teeth, bathing to name a few. As for your Princess Eugenie comment, well the word mirror springs to mind. As for teeth, think they must like them as they could have had orthodontic treatment free on the NHS ;-)

While it's nice to have free speech I think we need to think of others before we voice it, anyway that's enough from me.

Jeanette 04-30-2011 03:50 AM

Not your fault Jackie. Some people should think before they act, and consider other peoples feelings. Myself, I love the Royals., Jeanette

Mary L 04-30-2011 06:37 AM

Jackie, no it was not your fault. What you said was not offensive. It was what "he" said. I thought it was in very bad taste. It is sad when people try to enjoy something beautiful and have to read his ugly comments.

ElaineM 04-30-2011 11:11 AM

It is totally not your falt Jackie !!!!!!! You wanted to share something beautiful that you enjoyed with us. We share alot of things that are not enjoyable or beautiful. Sharing something beautiful and enjoyable is definitely a good thing !!!!!As you can see most of us enjoyed your comments and are happy you enjoyed the wedding.
Those of us who did not enjoy the wedding or who were not interested in the wedding should have simply kept quiet and ignored your post.
I must admit that even though I am not British I watched a repeat of the ceremony and some of the other activities last night. I think I will wear more hats from now on !!!!!!!! They are great protection from the Hawaiian sun.

LoisLane 05-01-2011 10:47 AM

Have to say I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to watch the Royal wedding. Would not have missed it for anything. I was actually in England when Diane and Charles were married and my sister and I slept outside all night to get a good spot. I kind of contemplated doing that for this wedding but I dont think I have the stamina for the crowds. I really love the ceremony as my back ground is Anglican (Church of England). Love the choir, the horses, the fashion
(except for Eugenie's hat!!! UGHHHH. It certainly was very sad that Diana was not there. I do feel a little pissed off when I look at Charles and Camilla and think if it had not been for those two dolts she would still be there. Well that's my take on it. Take care everyone, good health and happiness to all, we should all take heart and beauty in another fantastic spring. Lois

Colleens_Husband 05-01-2011 03:50 PM

I would like to take some of your precious time and apologize for the post I made earlier. I have no excuse for my dreadful lack of judgement. Upon reflection I see my post was mean spirited and it was an attempt at humor that fell terribly flat.

I am sorry for everyone I offended. If you wish, you have the right to ask to have me removed from these boards permanently. I certainly deserve it.

I promise to make no more posts that are offensive or could be construed to be offensive on these boards.

Once again, I apologize.

Gerri 05-01-2011 07:05 PM

Way to 'man-up' Lee. Who amongst us has not said something that we wish we could take back? I sincerely hope that the lovely women of this site find it in their hearts to forgive you. For the past few years you have offered your support to others and have come up with fun ways to distract us from the grim reality of this disease with games and quizzes. I hope you remain a member of our community and continue to contribute to the site.