HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Comedy CD and DVD suggestions? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43876)

grammytotheboys 02-22-2010 07:27 PM

Comedy CD and DVD suggestions?

If I am laughing I am not worrying about cancer. So far its working pretty well. I have a few Dane Cook audio CD's and Lily Tomlin and George Carlin on my iPod. I need more funny material and would appreciate your suggestions for comedians I've yet to discover. Thanks so much!

juanita 02-22-2010 07:33 PM

Re: Comedy CD and DVD suggestions?

jeff foxworthy and the blue collar comedy gang or rodney carrington

grammytotheboys 02-23-2010 07:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestions Juanita!

Colleens_Husband 02-23-2010 08:43 PM

Eddie Izzard has several wickedly funny DVDs. Once you get passed the whole cross-dressing thing, he is seriously entertaining.

Unregistered 03-19-2010 08:11 AM

I finished my chemo on Dec. 9, 2009, and my radiation therapy on Feb. 22, 2010. I have herceptin injections every three weeks until Aug. 2010. I'm recovering from back surgery I had last week. I had a herniated disc. A piece of the disc broke off, and was pressing on my sciatic nerve. NO FUN!! I had to take is slow, but I feeling so.... much better after the surgery.

With the Lord's help, I made it through my treatment. My family, and friends have been a blessing.

I decided I would only watch funny, feel good movies when I found out I had breast cancer. Here's few that I enjoyed.

Wild Hogs
Old Dogs
Just Like Heaven
Sweet Home Alabama
Grumpy Old Men
You've Got Mail
Overboard

My God bless you, as you go through your journey!

Unregistered 03-19-2010 08:20 AM

I highly recommend the CD God Uses Cracked Pots by Patsy Clairmont http://family.christianbook.com/Chri...&Go.y=19&Go=Go

Becky 03-19-2010 09:16 AM

Other seriously funny movies include

What About Bob?

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (especially if you travel for business)

A Fish Called Wanda

In & Out

French Kiss

My Cousin Vinny

That's it for now. I know I'll think of more and post again.

Sheila 03-20-2010 05:11 PM

One of my all time favorites is Heaven Help Us....guess one would enjoy it more if you went to a Catholic School...like in the 60's-70's!

grammytotheboys 03-21-2010 05:42 AM

Lots of great suggestions! Here are some I have tried that've worked great to help me laugh despite everythng else:
DVD's of I Love Lucy, The Three Stooges.

Audio CD's for the car, Gilda Radner, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Jim Guffigan, Dane Cook, George Carlin

DVD - Stripes, What About Bob, Best in Show......

I also downloaded the entire season three of Saturday Night Live from Amazon right onto my notebook computer so I can watch them anytime....Belushi, Curtin, Ackroyd, Morris, Radner and company are so non-PC it is hysterical. Thought they were funny the first time around but now with my years of "maturity" they are even funnier.

Keep the good ideas coming guys! I am in hot pursuit of the original Honeymooners next.

Bill 03-21-2010 07:30 AM

Hi Grammy! Recently, we watched Ghost Town and it was better than I thought it was going to be. And I agree, The Three Stooges are always good for a few laughs. You don't go out of your way to watch them, but if you happen across an episode, you can't turn away.

Roselle 03-21-2010 06:21 PM

Just seeing someone suggesting "what about Bob?" makes me laugh.

How about The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Akroyd? That one always makes me laugh!

And here is one that most people havn't see: Clifford. It is with Charles Grodin and Martin Short. Martin plays a 10 year old boy and he is a very naughty boy!! Makes life miserable for his Uncle Martin (Charles Grodin). My husband and I seek that one out on the movie channels!