HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TIPTOE & Friends - New Schedule (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36168)

StephN 10-18-2008 07:05 PM

TIPTOE & Friends - New Schedule

Ok - here goes - sort of loosely defined at this point until we hear some definite date that Andi will send to Marie & Ed.

This is based on requests on the other threads. Did I miss anyone?? If you want to be added in - just holler!

I am allowing 5 days for shipping as before. Was that enough??

Oct. 10 - Oct. 20 - Andi in Boca Raton

Sends to Marie & Ed in Rhode Is.

Oct. 26 - Nov. 7 - Marie & Ed

Sends to Marlys in Boise.

Nov. 13 - Nov. 21 - Marlys

Marlys sends to Sheila in Illinois

Nov. 26 - Dec. 10 - Sheila

Sheila takes them to San Antonio for the Symposium

Dec. 10 - 15 - San Antonio

Brenda can take them to Austin (environs) after the conference.

Brenda can keep them for a week or so and then send to Flori in La La Land to shop on Rodeo Drive for Christmas gifts for each other.

New Years is up for grabs unless Flori is doing both holidays.

Open slot in Jan - or maybe two slots.

Feb. 2 (or so) to Laurie to help welcome the new family member.

Who wants to follow that act???

hutchibk 10-18-2008 09:26 PM

Actually, I leave pretty much right after SABCS for a week in NYC, so Sheila can take them home or we can ship them from San Antonio straight to Flori!

Believe51 10-22-2008 11:09 AM

Oh Nooo!

I am so sad to inform you all that our visit will have to be postponed for a later date. Ed is having some trying times lately and we have another reoccurrance going on. He is very high maintainence right now, no fault of his own. I must say that I am a bit worried about him and majorly depressed lately so bad I just cannot shake it>>Believe51

PS: Sorry TipToe, I really miss you and this would be a great time to give Ed some healing energy. I am afraid that this would be too much stress for such a wonderful healer like yourself!

StephN 10-22-2008 11:37 AM

So SORRY, Marie.

So Andi might have to contact Marlys to see if she is ready for another visit.

I think I need to make a post on the other forum so more people see this and new members can find out about Tiptoe and her cohorts.

PinkGirl 10-22-2008 06:01 PM

Hey StephN
I mailed them on the 10th and I don't think Andi
has received them yet.

StephN 10-22-2008 09:23 PM

WHATTTT?

But, Pink, it is already the 22nd. Things should not take that long. Did they go via China??

hutchibk 10-22-2008 09:39 PM

Send a pm to andi bb.... I hope they are not on the space shuttle or something.

PinkGirl 10-22-2008 10:22 PM

I rec'd some e-mail from AndiBB today and she didn't mention anything about Tip arriving.

I must admit that I didn't pay extra to have them travel 1st class, and they could be stuck at the border (again).

When KathyS sent them to me from Tokyo they arrived in 4 days.
Unbelievable.

Sheila 10-23-2008 05:39 AM

Pink Girl....TipToe deserves First Class....anyway, I will be happy to take them to San Antonio with me....but remeber, what happens in San Antonio, stays in San Antonio...........

PinkGirl 10-23-2008 07:02 AM

I know, I'm sorry. You're right, my Tippy deserves 1st class everything.

The truth: I was still a bit "under the weather" and I asked my husband to take the parcel to the post office. He gave me a "look" .... this is the 3rd time I've sent them off on an adventure ... so I quickly said "send them the cheap way" .... I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, I was under the influence of a lot of cough syrup ... it will never happen again, I promise.

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-23-2008 02:48 PM

Direct From Canada...

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/ob.../clip-suitcase

BIG SIGH! RELIEF! Tipsy & Company have arrived. Sam The Mailman had to ring my doorbell. The box couldn't fit in my giant mailbox. Oy. Their *upholstered* trunk is kind of heavy.

Anyway -- ALL ARE WELL AND ACCOUNTED FOR. It is a joy to see Tiptoe again, to gander through all the baggies (bless the Ziploc company) and everyone's entries, pics and such. Great to finally meet Tex and the little rubber chicken (from Aves lab -- so I am temporarily calling her Avis). I went to school w/an Avis.

Ed the gang is sending you healing energy at this very minute. And Marie, they are sending both of you LOVING energy to make you smile.

I will soon be ready to mail them off, after our big reunion party planned for tomorrow.

I SEEM TO RECALL THAT FLORI HAD A YEARNING TO BE ON THE LIST. Beverly Hills is lovely this time of year. Anyone else have an urgent need to have some happy little guests?

With hugs and kisses,

hutchibk 10-23-2008 02:59 PM

Whew. I was afraid they were headed to the int'l space station!

Sheila - the only evidence from San Antonio might be a well posed photo or two, but that is ALL!

StephN 10-23-2008 07:28 PM

Andi -
Feel FREE to keep our mascots longer, since they have only just arrived. The schedule needs firming up anyway, and they should not need over a month in transit to get to someone to take them to San Antonio.

If you want to send them to Flori then they can go to Brenda and then home with Sheila, then to Marlys, no harm done.

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-23-2008 08:23 PM

Sounds like a plan, Steph! Thanks sooo very much for your amazing organizational skills and efforts. Your generosity of Spirit is a blessing to us all.

I emailed Flori. She would be delighted to host the gang. I will Fed Ex them to her soon. They'll be in LaLa Land before you know. And then, hopefully, in accordance w/the schedule. Back on track.

Meanwhile, I'm going to cuddle with my guests... http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b00001c91/06

hutchibk 10-23-2008 08:40 PM

ja - good plan! All I know is that Genentech, Dr. Slamon, and GSK need to meet them... and Sheila, Maryanne, Esther, Joe and Christine and I need to take them out for a little San Antonio FIESTA!

SoCalGal 10-25-2008 11:14 PM

Andi is sending the critters here.

They can be my pets at my pet scan on 11/3. I won't "hog" them and will send them to Marlys in Boise to arrive by the 13th. (I do need her address).

Steph - We will do some Rodeo Drive shopping - and will post all our pictures. This is so ridiculous but I'm really excited.

Marie - I am thinking of you and Ed and am sorry you are feeling so low right now.

SoCalGal 10-25-2008 11:22 PM

Shoot - I just re-read the thread and see that I should just send them direct to Brenda next.

Sheila 10-26-2008 06:38 AM

Flori
Just make sure Brenda is gonna be around....I think she is going to new York before San Antonio.

hutchibk 10-26-2008 02:38 PM

Actually, I am going to NY right AFTER San Antonio, so it would be better to send them to me (maybe around first week of Dec), and then I take them to SA and they go home with Sheila for the holidays...

SoCalGal 10-26-2008 06:46 PM

As long as it doesn't involve the alphabet I'm good to do whatever is needed. (see my post under Hutchibk's 2000 game)