HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scan this morning (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62896)

Redwolf8812 03-25-2015 03:41 PM

Scan this morning

Had a scan this morning. The left lobe of my liver looks good, thanks be to God! That is the side that the radioactive spheres were put into @ 3 months ago (12/23/14). The right side is still hard to read due to it only being a few weeks out from the procedure. The doctor said that's normal and he will know more at my next scan in May, however, he thinks he sees little lesions that weren't there before, but again, it's hard to tell at this point. Next week I meet with my oncologist to see what she wants to do. I feel like I'll never make it to NED (No Evidence of Disease) and that "mixed results" or "progression" will always be my scan results. Not trying to be negative or pessimistic. I've been at this for almost 5 years now and realize that my cancer is quite combative, not that not all cancers aren't. It's just that mine happens to be made up of particularly aggressive stuff. I am so grateful to God for His Strength to carry me through this long. He has made good things happen from a bad situation. Praise Him!

:-) Penny

Carol Ann 03-25-2015 06:57 PM

Re: Scan this morning

Penny, thanks so much for posting this update! Mixed results aren't ideal, but there is plenty of good there nonetheless with your left lobe looking so good. Here's hoping your next appointment with your oncologist will go well and she'll have a plan for you ... you have endured so much!

Thinking of you all the time.

Carol Ann

Kkmom 03-25-2015 07:28 PM

Penny,
Reading your signature - all I could think was even in the storm, she just keeps on dancing. As Stephanie says - Keep the Faith.
I will be praying for you - Pam

Jackie07 03-25-2015 07:59 PM

Congratulations!

That sure sounds like a good news to me.

May God keep watching over you.

michka 03-27-2015 03:53 AM

Hi Penny. This is good news. One step at a time. I hope that the next scan in May will show the same success in the other lobe. Hugs. Michka

Mtngrl 03-27-2015 06:19 AM

Dear Penny,

Your story is remarkable. As you say (so humbly) you seem to have an extra-aggressive cancer. And you've had other severe threats to your physical health.

Your habit of always finding something to be grateful about sets a beautiful example to us on the board. I'm sure your friends and family benefit from it too. I also think it is part of your resilience.

It's a privilege to be part of this journey with you.

Redwolf8812 03-30-2015 05:42 AM

Final read on MRI report - there are new and multiple lesions in both lobes of liver. Sigh. Seems like lately everything we do, the cancer takes and uses it to have a party. Appointment with oncologist on Wednesday - should find out next plan of action. Praise God I've made it this far!

:-) Penny

Mtngrl 03-30-2015 06:06 AM

Oh, Penny.

That's so disappointing. What a hard road you're walking. That's really all I can think to say right now.

CoolBreeze 03-30-2015 12:10 PM

Penny, seems like to me every time that cancer wants to party, you call in the cops and turn the music off! You'll do it again too. Maybe you won't get to NED (although I hope you do) but you keep beating it back and standing tall. You can keep going.

Lisalou 03-31-2015 01:24 PM

Thinking of you. Send warm thoughts, prayers and healing energy. Hang in there, so sorry to hear the news

Carol Ann 03-31-2015 06:13 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news, Penny. Thinking of you always and especially tomorrow for your oncologist's visit ... like Cool Breeze says, you can do it again, here's for a new plan to beat that cancer up and away again.

Carol Ann

Pray 03-31-2015 08:56 PM

Penny, Your absolutely an amazing woman. What an awesome blessing you are to all of us! Your always in my prayers. Gods blessings to you and your family. His Peace, Nancy

michka 04-01-2015 02:30 AM

Penny, I am thinking of you. It is wednesday. Onc. visit.
I am sending you strength for the next battle and as Coolbreeze wrote to "keep beating it back and standing tall" . Hugs.

JessicaV 04-01-2015 06:33 AM

Thinking of you, hope your oncologist has some good answers for you today

Redwolf8812 04-01-2015 09:16 AM

Just met with oncologist. Waiting for my first infusion of Gemzar, followed by Herceptin. 2 weeks on, 1 week off. We shall see. Praise God I'm still here.

sassy 04-01-2015 12:47 PM

Prayers for you Penny.

Carol Ann 04-01-2015 02:25 PM

Thinking of you, Penny.

Carol Ann

Pray 04-01-2015 09:55 PM

Praise God Sister :)

IrvineFriend 04-01-2015 10:14 PM

I'm sorry your scans showed cancer. It's a beast, but there are new therapies coming out constantly. Herceptin was that magic bullet and there are many in clinical trials. As someone else said, it's just not possible to take more than a day at a time. And you have all your friend here for support.

-Julie

michka 04-04-2015 01:07 AM

Penny, I am thinking of you. How are you feeling? I hope the Gemzar SEs are mild. Hugs. Michka