HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Caryn is an angel now (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40360)

eric 07-09-2009 04:36 AM

Caryn is an angel now

After a long and courageous battle Caryn passed away yesterday. She was the best friend I've ever had, the love of my life and an amazing mother to my children. My hope was that she would be around long enough to benefit from the "miracle" drug that would help us avoid this day until she reached a ripe old age. Unfortunately, it did not happen but I believe that the day of radically changing this fight is not far off. I could not have gotten through all of this without hope and YOU!!!!. You and this site were an incredible blessing. You provide love, compassion, support and amazing strength. What an amazing group of people. I will be eternally grateful. I will continue to pray for all of you and I want to continue to watch and post as much as I can while I take care of my children. Please know that you made an amazing impact on me. During a time of my life when I felt incredibly scared and helpless you helped me feel less so. I can never thank you enough. God Bless each and all of you.
Eric

DonnaD 07-09-2009 04:56 AM

Eric,
My heart is breaking. I am so sorry. Please know you and your children will continue to be surrounded in prayers.

You and Caryn are our heroes. We will never forget how Caryn fought this terrible dragon and in doing that has helped many others. You have been by her side every step of the way. Your devotion to your best friend, the love of your life and mother of your children has made an huge impact on our lives that we will never forget.

We now have another angel watching over us.
Donna

Pam P 07-09-2009 05:02 AM

Eric my sincere sympathy to you and your children. I am so sorry Caryn's life was cut so short by this terrible disease. A terrible loss for you all - for us all. I wish you all strength, courage and peace as you continue on; and I hope through your tears and grief you'll feel Caryn's presence and love surrounding you.

Kim in DC 07-09-2009 05:04 AM

Eric,
You were a devoted husband. You have not only supported Caryn but everyone on this site. Please find comfort in knowing that you did everything you could do to your wife. I am praying for you and the kids
Kim

Mary Jo 07-09-2009 05:21 AM

Dear Eric,

Sincere and heartfelt compassion I feel for you and your children today. I'm sorry for your loss.

We are here for you. May God's peace surround you and your children and may you be comforted in your grief.

Love and prayers surround you.

Mary Jo

Sheila 07-09-2009 05:21 AM

Eric
Please know you and your children are in our hearts and prayers at this difficult time....you were such a rock for Caryn and your children....you shared the deep love and caring for her to the very end....what a role model.
Please continue to let us now how you and the children are doing...you have helped so many of us on your own personal journey, and your presence on this board is needed.

Yorkiegirl 07-09-2009 05:32 AM

Eric my heart is just breaking right now for you and your children. What a courageous battle Caryn fought.

Your love for Caryn was shown so much for thru your post's.

May God wrap his arms around you and your children during this most difficult time.

My heart is with you and your children. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Just we are all here for you and your children.

Lori R 07-09-2009 05:43 AM

Eric,
I am so sorry to hear of Caryn's passing. I hope that you and the kids can take comfort that Caryn is now an Angel and will continue to surround you with love.

You and Caryn are such an inspiration and example for us all on the site and we have all benefited greatly by your outpouring of love and generosity.

I am praying for continued strength, peace and confidence in your comittment to emotionally support your children and family.

You are an amazing person!!!

Love....Lori

Mary Anne in TX 07-09-2009 05:45 AM

Oh, Eric, I'm so, so sorry about Caryn's going way too early. It feels like so little to only pray for you and your family, but I do send my prayers and love. What a blessing you and Caryn have been to us. ma

jhandley 07-09-2009 05:52 AM

sad to hear your news

Dear Eric
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jackie (down under)

sassy 07-09-2009 06:10 AM

Eric,

Please know that I will keep you, your children, and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. You and Caryn have fought the good fight; she will remain with you all in your hearts.

BonnieR 07-09-2009 06:28 AM

Eric, you were Caryn's world through all of this. I honor you for that. God bless you and the children.

Hopeful 07-09-2009 06:30 AM

Eric,

I have no words. You and your children are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

caya 07-09-2009 06:48 AM

Eric,

I am so sorry to hear of your beloved Caryn's passing. She certainly was a true warrior, with you her stalwart supporter by her side.
I send my love and prayers to you, your children and Caryn's extended family.

all the best
caya

notamrnpsn 07-09-2009 07:01 AM

Caryn

Eric, I am praying for all of you, Caryn fought the good fight with grace and dignity. May she be at peace in the arms of the Lord. , Jeanette

Diane H 07-09-2009 07:17 AM

Dear Eric, this is such sad news, my heart goes out to you and your family. May strength and comfort be with you always.

Diane

Christine and Joe 07-09-2009 07:23 AM

We hate this damned disease. It has taken so many good people.

Our most heartfelt condolences for both you and your children. They will need you now more than ever.

Hugs, Love and Light
Christine and Joe

Shobha 07-09-2009 07:30 AM

Eric,

I am so very sorry to hear about Caryn. From everything you posted about her, her strength and grace amzed me. You had written so many times that she never complained and fought as hard as she could and now I pray that she will rest in peace.

I am praying for you and your children.

hugs,
shoha

WomanofSteel 07-09-2009 07:31 AM

Eric, I am so very sorry to hear of Caryn's passing. Both of you were very brave in your fight. You were there for each other. I send my prayers and condolences to you and your children. I know it is a difficult time for you, but you must be strong for them. God bless you.

Believe51 07-09-2009 07:36 AM

Sweet Eric and Family, my heart simply breaks for you and your loss of this rather incredible woman. We have been so blessed to have her in our lives for what short time we shared together. I write knowing that mere words cannot take your pain away, but with the knowledge that our Angel Caryn no longer feels pain, she is free from all fear, the personal battle over. Caryn embraces comfort and peace and her fight was never lost; the cancer got bigger than her. Her valiant battle against this monster was heroic and that of a total Warrior.

Eric, as I face the same fate with my husband I can only say that I hope I can be as brave and have as much unselfish grace as you. Your love for her shined through without a doubt and you have made me proud of knowing you, you are quite a special person too. I will paste Caryn's name on my 'In Rememberance' shirt and wear it proudly as her memory shall burn bright for me during my lifetime. Caryn shall live on through the people whom loved her forever. May you be comforted during this hardship of grief and know that continued prayers for your family will be encompassed through each of my days. I am so sorry Eric.>>Peace.....Marie & Ed