HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Candlelight Time! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37350)

Mary Anne in TX 12-27-2008 06:10 AM

Candlelight Time!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_5_2.gif Some very precious warriors have earned their wings this year, and look over us from above now. I miss them and all they contributed to each of us. Plus I believe there are others who need our prayers right now too.

It helped me so much to remember those we had lost last year with some prayer and lighting a candle; so I'll repeat what we all did this Sunday evening. I got a special candle for Christmas that will be perfect.

If anyone would like to join me, I'm starting at 7 pm.
Prayers, good health, and love to all, ma

Those I know who earned their wings:

February - Pat (she was Wennydog/Donna's partner)

April - Tricia's friend Darra

May - Carol in Ireland (Scotland?)
Kate the Great (Kathleen McCarthy) - Acworth, GA
Michelle H - Northern Michigan
Suman Mehra

June - Stephanie - Madame DuBois' friend
Lolly in Oregon
Dede Neal - Sheila's friend

July - Natalie Rae

August - Kareneg in Lincoln, Rhode Island
Vanessa in Houston

November - Jan (goops) Taylor
lilyecuadorian in Charlotte, NC

December - Jan (havahj) Solomon

Also earning their wings and watching from above:
Nancy Ann Sartorelli Flynn of Bedford, NH. Sarah Flynn's dear mom. She was 58 years young.

Sue Michener of Illinois
Judy Baker of California
Matti of the bc support site

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZNxpt141YYUS

vickie h 12-27-2008 10:24 AM

Thank you, Mary Ann, I'll be with you )candle in hand) and prayers,,,,,,Much love to you and for posting this, Vickie

Paty 12-27-2008 12:19 PM

I will join you Mary Anne, in memory of all our sisters.

Paty

Chelee 12-27-2008 06:11 PM

MA, Wonderful idea and I will certainly join you. We lost far too many this year. I pray we get closer to a real cure very soon. (Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon for me.) Thanks for posting this MA...so thoughtful of you.

Chelee

karenann 12-27-2008 06:31 PM

Joining you in prayer, Mary Anne in memory of our sisters.

Karen

madubois63 12-27-2008 06:42 PM

Thank you dear sweet Mary Anne for remembering everyone, especially my dear Stephanie. Once again, we have computer problems - ugh, and I finally got a chance to jump on the net. I was very saddened to see we lost another angel. It makes me want to stick my head in the sand, but it also makes me want to scream. Some of you know what my plans are for the coming year (and beyond), and some of you don't. I plan on bringing a cancer resource center to my area (like a Gilda's club, but Maryann's). Anyway, I will be displaying some of my dear Stephanie's artwork throughout the house and we will have an art room. I hope her paintings will inspire someone to paint and maybe bring peace to their soul like it did for Steph.

Thank you again for remembering. There is so much I want to say, but I will start to cry. My candles will be burning shortly. Love to all...

Diana1993 12-27-2008 07:44 PM

Thank you Mary Anne for your thoughtfulness. I miss these ladies and although I rarely comment, I check in almost daily. Perhaps 2009 has a light in the tunnel. My candle is lit.
Hugs,
Diana.

jones7676 12-27-2008 08:26 PM

Thanks so much for keeping track. You are a pal to all of us!

Mary Anne in TX 12-28-2008 12:19 PM

Thanks for joining me. It's hard to say goodbye to friends!
Much love, ma

Believe51 12-29-2008 07:44 AM

Thanks Ma, although I was away from the computer since Friday I tributed these Angels special since Christmas. Thank you again for the list since I did not have a few ladies 'Angel dates' and for the kindness and love that radiates from your toes up!!>>Believe51

tricia keegan 12-29-2008 09:17 AM

Thank you so much from me too mary Anne and especially for listing my friends Darra and carol. We went through a very sad time this year with so many losses and each of them has been very much on my mind this Christmas.
I haven't been on the computer either as had flu myself so only just saw your thread but will be sure to light a candle and remember them all.
I'd like to add if I may, three more names to that list of friends from another board who also earned their wings this past year.

Sue Michener Illinois
Judy Baker California
Matti ?? (bc support)

Thanks again for reminding us all...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_5_2.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/206.gif

flynny 12-29-2008 10:33 AM

Thank you Mary Anne for putting this on the board. We will all remember these wonderful women and keep being optimistic about the future knowledge of our doctors and researchers.

I would also like to add one more very special person... My mother, Nancy Ann Sartorelli Flynn of Bedford, NH (58 y.o.). She was a true survivor and fighter like all of us. Another Her2+++ warrior!!!

This Christmas was a very difficult one for me and I just would like Thank you to all of you on this board who are so knowledgeable and supportive. God Bless.

Mary Anne in TX 12-29-2008 10:52 AM

My little black & white fur friend joined me as I walked and prayed outside last night. I lit my candle and then "sweet pea" and I walked and prayed and remembered all the neatest things about those who listened from above last night. It was so helpful to thank them for their love, honesty, humor, etc as I tried to let go and know they are safe and in the very best of hands.
May we all live a little richer life in their memories and be grateful for each new day! Tons of love, ma

Sherryg683 12-29-2008 10:22 PM

It is so sad to see all the lovely women that have lost their lives to this disease, we need a cure and soon. I will light my candle on Sunday also...sherryg683

Jean 12-31-2008 04:48 PM

Mary Anne,
Each one of our sisters is dearly thought of and sadly missed. Thank you for this very special post.

Jean

Bill 12-31-2008 10:54 PM

Ma, thank you so much. I've got my candles ready for Sunday. You are, without a doubt, one of the reasons this family of ours is so special.

vickie h 12-31-2008 11:06 PM

Mary ann, My angel, you keep us all in clouds of hope and well-being and love. I light a candle tonight for all those seeking light and strength and support. I waLK HAND IN HAND WITH YOU AND GOD. Thank you for holding us up with your kindness. Much love and hugs, Vickie

Mary Anne in TX 01-01-2009 11:49 AM

Friends make us better!

My little walking candlelight service reminded me that life is blessed as long as we have friends! I'm so very glad you are blessing my life! ma

Sheila 01-04-2009 06:58 AM

Thank you MaryAnn for this reminder....each person on this board is truly a gift, past and present.

Mgarr 01-04-2009 08:39 AM

Mary Ann,

Thank you for the remembrance. I said a prayer for each and will light a candle at mass today.

Mar