HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Two important things for HER2+ people to sign (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52275)

annmask 11-27-2011 02:31 PM

Two important things for HER2+ people to sign

We in Boston, with the inspiration and hard work of Phil, are staging a rally in front of City Hall in Boston on December 6 at 11:30 AM. We will have a petition there regarding access to TDM-1. Here is a copy to sign if you are unable to make the rally. Please send it to everyone you think would care to help us. It would be great to see more MDs on the petition!

http://signon.org/sign/fda-blocks-li...rl&r-by=603490

Also of interest and great idea
http://www.breastcancerdeadline2020.orgore MDs on the petition!

KDR 11-28-2011 06:12 AM

Re: Two important things for HER2+ people to sign

Please keep this on the top of the list. Everyone must sign and send to all without breast cancer, too. Phil has worked diligently to get this done.
Thanks,
Karen

annmask 11-28-2011 08:44 AM

I am not sure what is the best way/place to start a thread on this site to get it to the most people.....can nyone help me with this?

ElaineM 11-28-2011 10:54 AM

I signed the petition a long time ago. I also forwarded the link to other people and asked them to consider signing it.

tricia keegan 11-28-2011 01:21 PM

I just signed and shared to my Facebook page and will e mail my friends too.

(The thread you started here should be seen by everyone on the site and each time someone posts a reply it'll bring it back to the top again!

1rarebird 11-28-2011 08:31 PM

We can help keep this issue at the top of our forum if every one who signs the petetion posts a note here that they just signed on. The goal of 4,000 petitioners is getting close to being met, so everyone here, stage 4 or not, is encouraged to sign now. I just did.

bird

KDR 11-29-2011 06:11 AM

I'm bumping this up. I have conferred with Phil many times and he has worked hard to get this permit to assemble, worked hard on his lobbying and has a second wife with breast cancer. Let's eradicate this disease, let's take ITS life and no more of ours. Please, I implore you, send to every parent list, Yahoo! group, etc., and remember Genentech monitors this board. Let them know how much you want this done!

chrisy 11-29-2011 07:05 AM

I've signed these already and also encourage everyone to do so - it may not change things directly but we need to keep reminding them even louder how important these issues are.

One caution, make sure in the tdm1 petition that you opt out of subscribing to emails unless you want to be deluged with petitions on every cause known to man.

annmask 11-29-2011 08:38 AM

Thanks KDR! I am lame at electronics unfortunately, so thanks for the post. I hope the way I started the thread here was the best way to reach the most people on this site......please feel free to make any tags (i wasn't sure how) or any other ways to get this out. I would love to see 5K signatures by next Tuesday!

ElaineM 11-29-2011 11:04 AM

Bumping this up !!

NEDenise 11-29-2011 04:35 PM

Hi all,
I signed it back in September, and sent it to a bunch of people. Some of them posted to Facebook. Others forwarded the link to family and friends. By my count...my sending it to my contacts has resulted in about 45 signatures!

Please consider signing and sending the link to others. Like me, you may not need TDM-1 right now...but you might someday! And more importantly, some of our friends need it ASAP!!

It only takes about 2 minutes. Really, I timed myself!
Please consider helping.
Denise

tricia keegan 11-29-2011 05:18 PM

I've had many people on my facebook page sign this today from the Susan g Komen message boards and my e mail contacts!!!:)

NEDenise 11-30-2011 08:02 AM

Yay Tricia!
You go girl!!

Anyone else want to jump on this bandwagon??!!
:) Denise

Kellennea 11-30-2011 01:25 PM

Just signed and emailed it to my contacts. my heart beat a double beat when the first signature from my contact list was my husbands :)

Will post on Facebook later this evening.

tricia keegan 11-30-2011 07:40 PM

Thanks Denise, anyone of us early stagers may need this someday too so think its worth doing all we can to get the word out!

Always glad to help out our stage iv sister's here too !!

Jackie07 12-01-2011 03:43 AM

Just (re-?)watched the short film by Breastcancerdeadline (2nd link in the first post of this thread) and felt the need to point out some discrepancies.

In the film, it states that the rate of bc incident was 1 in 11 in 1975 and now is 1 in 8 - "almost 50% greater!"

Next, it cites the number of women dying everyday from breast cancer: 119 per day in 1991, and 110 at present time. "Not much improvement!"

If those numbers are correct, then the fact will be that more lives have saved since 1991.

For if the mortality rate had stayed the same, the number of women died of breast cancer each day would have been around 178 (because of the 50% greater diagnoses). The fact that it is 110 right now shows at least some improvement (taking into account that lots of the new diagnoses are in the very treatable early stages including DCIS)has been made.

Certainly we are not satisfied with the fact that 110 women (including a very small number of men) die every day because of breast cancer.

I just wanted to point out the fact that progress has been made (Herceptin is a good example) and many women live longer, healthier life after being dianosed with breast cancer.

Be sure to sign the petitions...

NEDenise 12-01-2011 07:47 AM

Wow, Jackie
That's pretty sobering. I guess I never did the math to figure out how many die each day! If I'm figuring it correctly...that's one person every 20 minutes!

This has to stop! We need these drugs approved! And we need to push for a cure!

Please, please, if you're reading this and you're on the fence about signing the petition...or about sending to your contacts to sign...think carefully. What possible harm could there be in asking Secretary Sebelius to look into this?

Please, help!
Denise

Catherine 12-04-2011 10:53 PM

I just signed the petition. Thanks for keeping is up to date on the issue. Good luck at the rally on Dec 6th.

JennyB 12-05-2011 01:28 AM

Just signed it took less than 2 minutes Denise!!
I also posted to Facebook so hopefully some friends will sign.
I know one of my friends my age and pregnant (just given birth early) has just started chemo for Her2 cancer will definately sign.
Fingers crossed they take notice because the rest of the world are followers not leaders when it comes to new drugs!
Jenny xx

NEDenise 12-05-2011 05:59 AM

Jenny,
I must be a slow typer! LOL!
I wish you and your friend all the best! I've had an infant...and I've had chemotherapy...but you ladies are doing both at the same time! Simply amazing! What lucky babies they are, to have such strong and loving moms - or is it mums? :)
Denise