HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   jackie(down under) rad for brain mets update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46810)

jhandley 09-21-2010 08:20 PM

jackie(down under) rad for brain mets update

Hi everyone having a 5 day course of wbr for small mets in the cerebellum..had 2 and 3 to go already feeling less sick.
Still on hercetpin for liver and lung but worried about bone mets on L2 that may not be her 2 +. Does herceptin work on bone mets? also my adrenal gland is a bit bulkier as well.
Cheers
Jackie

joletta 09-21-2010 09:58 PM

Re: jackie(down under) rad for brain mets update

Jackie,
I have followed some of your inspiration posts..so sad to see this happen to you or anyone for that matter however you will scare this shit away again!! You are already doing well.
i hope you know all my positive thoughts are w/you.
sending cyber hugs,
Joletta

Rich66 09-21-2010 10:41 PM

Are you on Zometa? Maybe since you are already visiting radiology, some spot radiation on the L2?

Ellie F 09-22-2010 02:25 AM

Hi Jackie
Really pleased that you are getting the little b*****s! Thought Rich had a good point about zapping the other possible bone met with targeted rads. What is your onc saying about more options??
Hold on in there, you inspire so many.
Sending lots of hugs to you down under.
Ellie

Emelie B 09-22-2010 08:39 AM

Hi Jackie,
Glad to hear you are feeling better! I have been on Zometa since Feb. and my bone mets are gone. I get it every three weeks with the Herceptin. The first dose made my bones ache really bad on the second day after infusion, but it has done the trick for me.
Hope all goes well otherwise.
Take care and rest up,
Emelie

StephN 09-22-2010 12:15 PM

Why do you say that the lesion on L2 may not be HER2?

I know women who have had bone mets crop up over the years, yet stay NED in organs keeping on Herceptin. They go the radiation zap route against the bone mets and it works quite well. Zometa does work for many. It is a short and easy infusion.

Hope the WBR will do the trick. Now they should be checking your brain every 3 or 4 months forever. Do not let them string you out too long about that - even though it is a pain. Better to get that "all clear" or treat early whatever may crop up.

Best wishes for full success this time!

jhandley 09-22-2010 10:19 PM

Hi Steph
The CT scan said the bone mets look like a differentiated cell line. I guess if they are her 2 then herceptin will work on them?

Trish 09-23-2010 01:58 AM

Glad to hear treatment has started and you are beginning to feel less sick. Zometa and the chemos and targetted therapies have kept my (multiple) bone mets stable and completely pain free.
Good luck.
Trish

Ellie F 09-28-2010 02:19 AM

Hi Jackie
Wondering how things were going. Please let us know how you are?

Hugs
Ellie

Mary Anne in TX 09-28-2010 09:01 AM

Sending much love and prayer. ma