HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pet scan again (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48429)

michka 01-15-2011 03:00 AM

Pet scan again

I had my second Herceptin infusion and saw my onc with the results of the last MRI indicating 2 mets in liver and saying these 2 mets were already there on the November MRI. He spent a lot of time looking at the pictures. Said the report of the new MRI was unclear because imprecise. He picked up his phone and called different places so I could have a Pet Scan again very quickly. So back to the American Hospital on Monday morning for a new Pet/scan and I am seeing my onc on Tuesday. He will have the results. More waiting. The second infusion went better. No nausea (the worst part) but bad chills and pain. I am better this morning. This is strange because I never had problems during the year I had Herceptin 4 years ago. Michka

Sheila 01-15-2011 06:54 AM

Re: Pet scan again

Michka
Hoping this MRI will resolve what is going on, and your onc willl have a plan Tuesday. Hoping the Herceptin will be easier on you after the first couple...maybe your body needs to get used to it again...you are in my thoughts Michka....and in my prayers. Stay strong, this is just another hurdle to overcome, we are all with you in this fight!

krisvell 01-15-2011 07:04 AM

Micha;
I hope you get to the bottom of what's going on really soon. I really, really, really hope you get good news. I'll be thinking of you. Sending prayers and hugs your way.
Kris....

Ceesun 01-15-2011 07:33 AM

Thinking of you and hoping for the best. Ceesun

whatz 01-15-2011 08:00 AM

Oh Michka. I hate the waiting too. Don't put too much stock in him looking at the pictures long. He is trying to be throrough and if in doubt better order another test (good for him). Wishing you good news on Tuesday!

tricia keegan 01-15-2011 09:48 AM

I'm so sorry you're still waiting Michka and hope you get some definitive answers very soon.

caya 01-15-2011 11:48 AM

Michka,

I hope you get the new Pet Scan quickly so your oncologist can determine the best treatment for you.

bisses a toi
caya

KDR 01-15-2011 02:31 PM

Michka
Remember that stress and anxiety play a big part in the overall physical picture, so try and relax if you can, candles in the bath, (with a nice Rigaud candle!!), darkened room, nice music. I know you will feel better soon, you just were hit hard. Wishing you the best,

Joan M 01-15-2011 02:33 PM

Michka,

I'm praying that the spots do not show up in the new PET scan. The spots need to be about 1 cm to light up. If they're smaller than that, they may not. But if the scan is a combined PET/CT, they should show up on the CT part of the scan which can show spots as small as 2 mm.

I hope you get the scan right away so you can determine how to proceed.

Joan

Sherryg683 01-15-2011 08:41 PM

Hang in there, hope you get good news on tuesday ..sherry