HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tiptoe, Tex and The Chicken (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35069)

PinkGirl 08-08-2008 02:48 PM

Tiptoe, Tex and The Chicken

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the package arrived today. The kids have really accumulated a lot of "stuff". I am in the process of downsizing in preparation for their trip to Japan.

It's very nice to see my little Tiptoe again and to finally meet Tex and The Chicken. Tex is very charming - handsome dude, and The Chicken is much smaller than I thought and sort of rubbery. It looks like a piggy bank I had when I was a kid.

I will put them back into the postal system tomorrow - on their way to Kathy's brother's place in Ithaca, New York.

Attachment 481

StephN 08-09-2008 01:15 PM

How do you say Bon Voyage in Japanese?

Hi Pinkie -
Glad the "kids" arrived in good order and that you have had time for a short reunion.

Wish I could go to Japan! How lucky are these little creatures???

Bet you had fun going through the journal, which is quite thick by now.

PinkGirl 08-09-2008 03:19 PM

Yes Steph, I enjoyed looking through the journal. I got to see the portrait of Tip that Faux Gypsy painted and I enjoyed the little "surprise" from Sheila. That girl is always thinking!!!

I hope the package gets to Kathy's brother in time. It took quite
awhile to get to me from Sassy. I forgot about our August holiday
weekend that slows down the mail service. Our postmaster told
me that priority post will take 6 days as long as the parcel doesn't
get held up at the border. Here's hoping .....

Kathy S in Tokyo 08-10-2008 12:07 AM

I'm sure the package will get to Ithaca in time. My brother said he'd be honored to accompany the trio and I've made sure to reserve rooms in a hotel near my brother's conference so I can take the trio, my four children and my brother to see the big Buddha and some awesome gardens near the ocean in Kamakura and maybe visit a hot springs spa. (Places I haven't been since before my eldest, now 15, was born and a first for the rest of our group.)

I hope that they won't be hit too hard by jet lag. We'll keep the running around to a minimum but try to make the most of wherever we go.

LAURIE 08-10-2008 07:51 AM

I am glad to see Tex still has the lymphedema sleeve. It is going to be a long flight.

Becky 08-10-2008 10:26 AM

Also, I think that Tip, Tex and the chicken should go back to Ohio mid February and wait it out with Laurie. They could go with her to the delivery room and be the first in the Her2 Family to see our little one!

They can at least help pass the time until labor begins!

Mary Anne in TX 08-10-2008 06:41 PM

Does that add a camera to the mix?????