HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   My favorite album of all time is....The reason why is.......... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42101)

karen z 11-26-2009 07:31 PM

My favorite album of all time is....The reason why is..........

My favorite album (fill in the blank)

Reason why (fill in the blank)

I will let others start (hopefully)....................................... .................................................. ...........karen

Colleens_Husband 11-26-2009 09:15 PM

Re: My favorite album of all time is....The reason why is..........

It changes every other day or so, but I think 'OK Computer' by Radiohead is one of my all time favorites.

I like it because it is a true album, as opposed to a collection of songs. It is interesting and almost challenging to listen to because the songs are unusual but not avant guard. Finally the music speaks to me emotionally and I personally can make a connection to the music.

karen z 11-26-2009 09:25 PM

Thanks for starting us off. I liked your "reason why". It is interesting to see how/why one is drawn to the music.
KZ

Colleens_Husband 11-26-2009 09:42 PM

Oh, I almost forgot. OK Computer also makes my ears happy!

karen z 11-26-2009 09:47 PM

Yes- very important!

Colleens_Husband 11-27-2009 06:25 PM

Colleen said her favorite album of all times is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. She says she likes to listen to it in the dark because it is spacy and soothing. She also likes the female vocal solo from the song 'Breathe' because it is little more than raw emotion.

SoCalGal 12-09-2009 01:54 AM

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

This album transports me to a time when I was 15 years old, and everything seemed simple then. Listening to these songs, I am reminded of what it felt like to be that teenage girl, so in love with my boyfriend, living life to the wildest and fullest.

juanita 12-18-2009 02:05 PM

cheap trick live at budakhanbecause it's the best version of the flame

Colleens_Husband 12-18-2009 03:17 PM

Juanita:

I like your selection. Cheap Trick had so much more energy live, than they did in the studio. Their sense of fun just really stood out when they were on stage.

juanita 12-18-2009 06:10 PM

i've got their anniversary dvd and even though their older they still know how to rock!

Becky 12-19-2009 07:26 AM

Yes Songs is my absolute favorite. It has all the best - Starship Trooper, And You & I, Close to the Edge! Its the best album of all time and brings me back to an "unresponsible for anyone but me time".

There are other greats on my list - Top 6 Ever!

Yes Songs - Yes
Harvest - Neil Young (although my fav songs are Country Girl and Cinnamon Girl)
Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Beauty and the Beat - Go Gos
Armed Forces - Elvis Costello
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Midwest Alice 12-19-2009 07:38 AM

My new thing lately is:

When I'm not listening to talkradio or Christen radio I pop over to the CD of the Wizard of OZ sound track.

Strange I know...but I makes me smile.

My faviorate is "If I only had a Brain" and I like to sing along. Go figure!! Ha Ha :)

And I like the way the movie turns out... He always had a brain and me too. I love Happy endings.

Jackie07 12-19-2009 09:16 PM

I grew up listening to albums in Eglish as well as in Chinese. My Mother loves music and I played the albums she purchased and sang along - besides some song books. Those albums included Chinese pop songs and Chinese operas...

My Brothers and Sisters bought many albums as well. I listened to all of them without discrimination. Many of them were collections of best hits and some were musicals that had been made into movies.

I grew up listening to 'My Fair Lady' and loved Audrey Hepburn. Then it was 'Paint your Wagon' with the low bass of Lee Marvin.
We watched just about all of Dick Van Dyke's movies like 'Chitichiti Benben' and 'Mary Poppins'. I knew the melodies of Chim-chimney... before I even knew the meaning of the words.

When 'Tower of Inferno' was showing, I was already in high school and well remembered the songs in other disaster movies like the Poseidons. I think Dr. Zhivago's 'Somewhere my love' was the most beautiful song ever made for a movie. Then of course, there's the theme song of 'The God Father'.

Joe 12-22-2009 11:38 AM

Anything by Joe Cocker or Janis Joplin. I won't go into detail.

Joe

Bill 12-22-2009 05:05 PM

I like Abraxxas, by Santana. (good spring-time grilling music) and Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd. (good painting music) and anything by Neil Young (good hang-around-the-campfire-music) and half of Bob Dylan's stuff (half is good house-cleaning music, the other half is well...you, know...makes you wanna hop off a bridge real quick type stuff)

karen z 12-22-2009 06:37 PM

o.k. things are getting interesting.
Buffalo Springfield (Retrospective) - the best time travel in the world- at least for me
Neil Young (Greatest Hits)- I agree, Bill, anything at all here:
(1) I love Neil Young
(2) Neil Young's voice completely destroys me (in a good way)
(3) I loved the songs NY wrote when he realized he might not live forever (especially the one about falling off the face of the earth- I played repeatedly during treatment)
(4) He wrote "Ohio" for those of us that were there