HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Having a difficult time... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29620)

Chelee 08-16-2007 05:10 PM

Having a difficult time...

As some of you *might* know...my Mother was DX not to long after my bc DX with advanced lung cancer. Stage IV. She was a trooper and had several different drugs used to fight her cancer. I was so proud of her on how hard she fought this. She was 77 years old and she amazed me. But we just had to place her in hospice two days ago...she wasn't doing well. I went down there late last night and spent time with her. I'm so thankful I did because I just got a call today that my Mother has passed away.

The un-believable grief I feel right now is unbearable. My Mother was everything to me...we were so close. Not just my Mother but my best friend. I can't imagine life without her. Did I mentioned how much I hate this darned disease! How I pray for a cure. I'm having a hard time typing through the tears. Just sharing with people I feel safe with.

Feeling lost & so alone.

Chelee

Julie2 08-16-2007 05:16 PM

Sorry for the new Cheele. I know how difficult it would be to loose the mother.

Julie

chrisy 08-16-2007 05:24 PM

Dear Chelee,
I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. It is so difficult to lose a parent. I lost my mom over 10 years ago and it still hurts. It's such a blessing, tho, that you were able to spend time with her. I guess I know now where you get your fighting spirit! She must have been very proud of you.

I know this is a very sad time for you and I hope you can feel my prayers and love wrapping around you right now. And especially, know that you have your special angel watching over you now.

Much, much love
chris

hutchibk 08-16-2007 05:46 PM

May the lord hold you and comfort you, Chelee. Just know that he now cares for your mother and she has no more disease or pain. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

RhondaH 08-16-2007 05:47 PM

Chelee...

my thoughts and prayers are with you. BIGGGG huggs to you.

Rhonda

Christine 08-16-2007 05:55 PM

My Mom passed away from metastatic bc in October 1989, eight months later I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Mom and I were more like sisters. My dad had died from a heart attack when I was 14 and we both used each other for support through the hard times. She saw me through college and graduate school.

In all likelyhood my Mom was also HER2 positive, but back in 1989 there was nothing available.

Hugs
Christine

mslinda 08-16-2007 06:02 PM

I am so sorry to hear the news about your Mom. My heart goes out to you. I will be praying that God gives you peace and strength.

Love and Hugs,
Linda
S. Mississippi

Barbara H. 08-16-2007 06:47 PM

Dear Chelee,
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. You have been through so much with the difficulties of receiving adequate medical care. I didn't realize that your mother was so ill.
Thinking of you,
Barbara H.

Mary Anne in TX 08-16-2007 06:50 PM

Oh Chelee, I'm so sorry that you have lost your mom. She's in God's hands now, breathing well and safe. But nothing hurts like losing your mom. Just know that we all care and send comfort and love to you at such a difficult time. ma

BonnieR 08-16-2007 06:59 PM

I know you feel lost but you are never alone.......

eric 08-16-2007 07:04 PM

Chelee,

My thoughts are with you. My wife Caryn is also fighting stage 4 bc while her mom is battling stage 4 lung cancer. Your not alone and their are so many wonderful people here that will do whatever we can to help you through this.

Eric

Becky 08-16-2007 07:13 PM

Dear Chelee

I am so sorry about the loss of your dear mother. My thoughts are with you and my arms are around you.

Love to you

Margerie 08-16-2007 07:31 PM

Chelee,

So sorry to hear about losing your mom. She was blessed in life, having such a special relationship with her daughter. She will be with you in your heart.

Grace 08-16-2007 07:36 PM

Chelee,

So very sorry about your mother. Your biggest comfort will be knowing you did everything you could for her. My thoughts are with you.

Faith in Him 08-16-2007 07:48 PM

So sorry for your loss. She is safe now.

God Bless

Yorkiegirl 08-16-2007 07:57 PM

Chelee my thoughts and prayers go out to you on the loss of your Mom.
I know how difficult this is. I lost my Mom 14 yrs ago,to cancer as well. She was only 58 years old.
Just know that she is no longer in pain and she will always be looking after you.

Sending you lot's of cyber (((((((((HUG'S)))))))))

Emelie 08-16-2007 08:01 PM

Please know that she will always be with you in all that you do. She can rest now, as so should you.
Take care of yourself and grieve until you are done.
Peace be with you,
Emelie

SusanC 08-16-2007 08:33 PM

How blessed you and your Mom were to have such a special relationship. She will live on in your heart. I too, lost my Mom to lung cancer 13 years ago. Hopefully your memories will comfort you and ease your pain.
Susan C.

lexigirl 08-16-2007 08:35 PM

Dear Chelee,

Please accept my deepest sympathy. I am sorry that your mom has passed away. Please know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Vanessa 08-16-2007 08:36 PM

I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. She was fortunate to have a daughter like you, as you were fortunate to have a mother like her. Although you will always grieve for her, time will lessen the pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers.