HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   MRI revealed brain mets (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29468)

tousled1 08-06-2007 03:58 PM

MRI revealed brain mets

Just got a call from my oncologist. Remember my brain scan showed a "blip" so a brain MRI was ordered. I had the brain MRI on Friday morning. Well, it seems we have a brain met. Only one and it's very small 5mm located on hte posterior right parietal lobe. She has contacted my radiation oncologist and I should hear from him tomorrow. The plan is to contnue with my chemo regime. I will be getting CyberKnife. I don't know any other details but just wanted to let you all know the results of my test. You could have blown me down with a feather. I think I'm in a state of shock. But not too worry, we can and will beat this!!!

Grace 08-06-2007 04:13 PM

So so sorry, Kate. I just want you to beat all of this and join Steph and others as five years NED! And with your spirit, I know it will happen.

Lala 08-06-2007 04:15 PM

Kate
Sending you Big HUGS.. It sounds like you caught this early and that is GOOD! I am sending you positive thoughts, there are a few of us here that have had brain mets. I was treated with Stereotactic Radiosurgery. I am now NED in the brain, if you need any advice just pm me.
I wish you the Best! Hang in there siser!

swanky 08-06-2007 04:18 PM

I hate cancer. I am so sorry. Sounds like you are ready for WAR, the little beastie won't know what hit it! Sending prayers your way.

HUGS,
Leea

Margerie 08-06-2007 04:37 PM

I am so sorry Kate. I can only imagine the emotions are impossible to reign in. CRAP! (As a good friend of mine says)

I am so glad your onc was on top of things and you spotted this sucker in it's infancy. Never did understand the wait until symptoms philosophy.

I hope your rad onc has good news for you and that your treament goes well. Best of luck!

Odette 08-06-2007 04:44 PM

Admire Your Spirit!

Dear Kate,

you are going strong! I think you and I have a similar attitude and believe that there must be a point where we can stop this beast! We just have to hang in there, do the next thing and be ready for the next treatment!
5 mm sounds very small, let us know what is next!

With affection and prayers,

Odette

Sheila 08-06-2007 04:45 PM

Kate
Not the news any of us wanted for you, but good that it is caught early....and you can take control. Sounds like your medical team is all over this....hoping each day brings healing to you...you are in my prayers....the fight resumes!

Andrea Barnett Budin 08-06-2007 05:32 PM

Love Your Spirit Kate!

Love your Spirit, but hate the news. Double crap (as *someone* said). It is good that you got it fast and early, as we all know. Surely, you must be in shock. This damn disease waltzs around as it pleases. Then we find it and stomp on it and that is that. Stay strong, Kate, which you no doubt will, cause you are evidentally unstoppable! Love you lots... Will pray for speedy NED for you, and then for you to STAY there indefinitely! You deserve that! ANDI

caya 08-06-2007 05:50 PM

Kate,

Sorry your scan showed this small brain mets - but it is small and was caught early - very treatable and you will conquer it.
I am wishing for a complete recovery for you, you are a WARRIOR and it sounds like your docs know exactly what to do.

all the best
caya

kareneg 08-06-2007 05:55 PM

Kate,

I am so sorry about this, you will beat this,It sounds like you have a great doctor. Here's to kicking butt my friend! Your in my thoughts and prayers.

MichelleH 08-06-2007 06:09 PM

Like your spunk Kate!

So sorry you got this bad news. I am glad they caught this early. Keep the possitive attitude. Kate Yes, you will beat this! I have said a prayer asking God to put his healing hand on you and to wipe those nasty mets out! Keep us posted on your treatments.
Bless you.
Love,
Michelle

Gerri 08-06-2007 06:15 PM

Kate,

You are such a stong, positive influence on this board. No matter what, I know you will come out on top. Keep fighting the fight! You are an inspiration to all.

StephN 08-06-2007 06:15 PM

Teentsy Weentsy one

Dear Kate -
Even though I HATE your news, I am glad that it is so small and that you most likely will not have to take the dreaded Decadron Drug From Hell. That in itself is a large bullet to dodge.

AND you have no symptoms that you have mentioned, so I will take that as NO symptoms. The Cyberknife was well described (by Kim in DC, I think) and she added a pic of herself with the face mask. You can probably find it in the archives if you search Cyberknife. We had a lot of talk about that at one point, but no one here lately seems to have used that option.

I know you are glad that you can go with one of the radiosurgery options. Once you know what you have and have a plan, it is easier news to take.

Fight, fight on. Just don't grit those teeth TOO hard.

sassy 08-06-2007 06:25 PM

Kate,

Be Strong and of good Courage! Know you are in all our prayers.
________
Paxil Lawsuites

DonnaD 08-06-2007 06:25 PM

Oh Kate I am so sorry. But you are a fighter and will beat this. So glad you were on top of things and found this early.

Many are praying for you.
Donna

lexigirl 08-06-2007 06:35 PM

Doggone it ! I am sorry that you recieved this news. But, it is good that you found this sucker early and it will obliviated. It really has no clue who it's messing with! You are going to beat this, Kate. I know it!HUgs and Prayers,Lexi

Mary Jo 08-06-2007 06:36 PM

Dear Kate,

I'm so sorry. Like you, not the news anyone wanted to hear.

Praying good things to come for you. Keep the faith.

Mary Jo

Carolyns 08-06-2007 06:42 PM

Kate,

I am sorry that you got this news. You are in my prayers as always!

Love, Hope, and Peace,
Carolyn

Hopeful 08-06-2007 06:51 PM

Kate,

I am so sorry to hear this news. You are in my thoughts. Best of luck with your treatment.

Hopeful

dhealey 08-06-2007 06:57 PM

Kate,
So sorry to hear your news. Like others have said I HATE THIS DISEASE.!!! You have such a positive attitude on this board and have been an inspiration to me. Keep on being positive and fight like hell! I have said a special prayer for you and will keep you in my thoughts.
Debbie in North Carolina