HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Karen (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64111)

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-13-2015 03:46 PM

Karen

I've been trying to reach her for over a week.

I know she had been in the hospital for about a week. But she was home, and doing okay.

We PM each other on FB and email all the time.

I have left messages for days.

She always responds immediately.

She hasn't posted on facebook since Nov 4

She hasn't posted here since mid October.

I left message on her cell phone and on her home phone.

I keep telling her I am scared. She would respond to that.

Does anyone have any information???

KDR is her member name.

Asking for help.

Andi

Carol Ann 11-13-2015 08:04 PM

Re: Karen

Andi, I have noticed too that she has not been posting and it is like you just read my mind. I am worried too. :(

Carol Ann

michka 11-14-2015 04:17 AM

Our last mail exchange was November 1st or 2nd. I am upset and worried now because I agree Andi, she answers fast usually. I am hoping she is OK. I love Karen.

suzan w 11-14-2015 08:34 AM

Is there any way to contact a family member? I remember a while back we had the option of listing a contact person in case we "fell off the grid". I think I put my contact person in my member profile??? I wonder if the Administrator has a way of finding out?? This is indeed a great worry for all of us.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-14-2015 05:01 PM

I've left a message on her home phone. And on her cell. And in PM on FB, which is where we lately communicate regularly. She last posted Nov. 4 in FB, where she posts constantly, and likes and comments on my posts.

I dared to post here, then deleted it, cause I heard her husband said she is fine.

Well, today, that person called me to tell me -- KAREN IS IN ICU at St. Francis hospital on Long Island. An excellent hospital.

She had been in the hospital for a week a few weeks ago. She had a large pleural effusion. She was having trouble talking, which we all know, is not good. Especially for a truly talkative person like Karen!

I love her. Truly.

Let's all please say prayers for her, Yasmin (her dghtr) and Sherif (her husb).

They had to put in another drain to get the fluid out. S

She's been on a lot of pain meds and sleeping an unusual amount lately. She's told me her tx are HELL. And she never complains!

She's been feeling very sensitive I've noticed. Our integrative oncologist died in September (suicide) and she and I have been PMing on FB all day for mnths.

Sometimes in the past when we used to use email, if I didn't hear from her I would send her a quick WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU ALL RIGHT???

She'd shoot back, I'm sorry, did I scare you? And we'd chat.

I am told by a mutual friend, who knows Karen well and went to our integrative oncologist, and sees the same onc on Sloan and is in the same trial, that she just found out that the doctor says this is a very bad sign.

The lung doc has her on so much morphine she sleeps most of the time! So she isn't getting messages via any route.

I KNOW Karen would be talking loud and clear, telling the doc to cut down on the morphine. She needs to sit up, walk, move around. She needs to be able to communicate her wishes. Ask questions.

When she had the liver ablation ?? 18 mnths ago, after they literally almost killed her, cutting into her lung, in surgery for 12 hours, lost most of her blood!, the minute she was in her room she was telling them what she thought, what she wanted, how she wanted it. Asking questions.

You can't shut that woman up and that's a large part of why I love her so much. She is me. Big mouth. A lady, but verbal.

I am sick with worry because she has been silenced. Deep in sleep. Not functioning. Not participating in her care and health.

I asked this friend who lives in NY to go to the hospital and see her. To speak to the husband, whom she knows, and get him to speak up for Karen! Someone has to speak up for her!

PLEASE SAY PRAYERS WITH ME FOR KAREN. May her Guardian Angels surround and protect her!

Thanks for your support, my sisters.

With Love and Light,

Andi

MaineRottweilers 11-14-2015 05:56 PM

Praying for Karen. Praying, out loud.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-14-2015 06:24 PM

Yes. Loud and clear, and persistently.

ariana 11-14-2015 06:39 PM

So sorry to read this. Prayers going up.
Please keep us posted.

europa 11-14-2015 07:36 PM

Oh God! No!!!! This is terrible. Karen was such a HUGE support for me when I got diagnosed. She responded the some of my most bizarre posts and put out flames of worry so many times. This news makes me so unbelievably sad. So so sad. I am praying. So hard.

Lucy 11-14-2015 11:36 PM

She is such an inspiration on this board. She's definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

Bunty 11-15-2015 04:51 AM

Oh Andi BB, thank you for your concern and care for Karen. Hoping and praying she will be well again.
Marie x

spiritualabundance 11-15-2015 09:16 AM

I am praying now that she is held in His arms and strengthened in His way in His time. She sounds like she is a blessing to many through her simple words on this board and is glorifying Him and honoring Him. Praise God, please heal Karen, head to toe.

Carol Ann 11-15-2015 09:46 AM

Oh this is heartbreaking. My worst fear for her. Praying.

Carol Ann

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-15-2015 11:46 AM

I AM THRILLED TO REPORT BACK TO YOU!

A friend of hers contacted me through my FB post. She visited Karen yesterday in ICU. She spent 2 hours with her and Sherif.

She told her to let others know she is in good spirits and hopes to be moved to a room tomorrow!

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.

I cannot begin to tell you how relieved I am!

Your prayers did wonders apparently! Good on all of you!

She was able to get up twice and walk around. In between naps she reapplied her pink lipstick!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what a great sign that is to me. I LOVE KAREN. Such a strong woman. Truly powerful! Inspirational.

So so so glad to pass this news on to you.

I was sick with worry. Desperate as all my messages went unresponded to.

She's in good spirits. And wearing lipstick.

Love and Light Ladies,

Andi

Lucy 11-15-2015 11:50 AM

That's great news! Thanks so much for sharing!

Carol Ann 11-15-2015 11:59 AM

YAY!!! Wonderful news, thanks for posting, Andi!

Carol Ann

thinkpositive 11-15-2015 01:38 PM

Now that is the type of update we want! Thanks for letting us know how Karen is doing.

MaineRottweilers 11-15-2015 01:42 PM

Wonderful update. Don't stop praying.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-15-2015 02:25 PM

I am still TALKING TO HER VIA MEDITATION...! Silly but true.

I keep telling her to WAKE UP...

So so happy to share good news!

jra40 11-16-2015 09:53 AM

Just read this post and my heart broke to hear Karen is in the hospital. She is such a big part of this support website and she helped me when I was first diagnosed. So glad to hear she is getting well, I am praying so hard for her!!

Andi - thank you for keeping us posted, I too was getting worried not seeing her posts!

May God continue to place his healing hands on you Karen!

Jessica