HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Taxol/Herceptin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63624)

WayTooYoung 08-18-2015 05:55 PM

Taxol/Herceptin

Hi...not sure where to post this question. I learned today that I have regressed while on tykerb/xeloda. Dr is suggesting taxol/herceptin. What can I expect? And if I was herceptin resistant to begin with, will this help now? I had taxol with FECT before...but never combined with herceptin.

Any support or advice will be greatly appreciated.

suzan w 08-18-2015 06:57 PM

Re: Taxol/Herceptin

I don't have any answers/advice...However I wanted to reply to say...'keep searching' there's gotta be an answer somewhere!!! And to let you know you are not alone. :-)

Jackie07 08-18-2015 08:14 PM

TCH used to be a standard combo for Her2+++ breast cancer. (C stands for Carboplatin) There are quite a few members who have gone through many different combos just like you. Keep the faith. This one just might work.

Carol Ann 08-19-2015 07:15 AM

Ask him/her if Perjeta is something you could try ... it is one of the most recent drugs to combine with Herceptin and is responsible for making some Stage 4 women here stable/NED. Check out Cool Breeze's posts!

Rooting for you!

Carol Ann

Lucy 08-19-2015 11:37 AM

I received Taxol/Herceptin weekly for three months. While it wasn't my personal experience, I've been told by everyone (doctors and others who have gone through it) that Taxol is typically well tolerated with minimal side effects.

Best of luck to you.

thinkpositive 08-19-2015 02:42 PM

I have no experience with taxol/herceptin combination. However, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I trust that others on this site who have used this chemo combination can let you know what to expect.

Take Care,
Brenda

WayTooYoung 08-19-2015 11:10 PM

Hi Everyone and thank you for all your posts and support. Regarding Perjeta...when I enrolled in the clinical trial for TDM1, they had a double blind study that involved perjeta (pertuzumab right?)...so unfortunately, bc Roche refused to unblind the study and disclose to me whether or not I have had it or not...I am no longer covered for it by OHIP. My own private insurance refused as well.

I've been quite a mess since yeaterday. I find myself crying randomly...at all hours of the day. One minute I feel defeated, another angry, and another strong.

My fears are that I am running out of options. I am also sad I will be losing hair again...this time indefinitely bc the Dr said I will stay on it as long as I can...that doesnt sound very good to me.

karina14 08-20-2015 12:45 PM

Hmmm, you should ask for Herceptin + Perjeta combination. That is a combination covered by OHIP. What you tried in the trial was Perjeta + TDM1 (and you don't know which side you were). In my case, when Herceptin alone stopped working, I was moved on Herceptin + Perjeta + Abraxane. I will be thinking of you.

WayTooYoung 08-20-2015 02:49 PM

Karina 14, my heart goes out to you. I was reading all that you have had to endure and you seem so put together. I am a mess right now. What are you on now? Is TDM1 working? I am not sure why they wont give me Perjeta...even though there is a slight chance I have never had it before. I wish Roche could unblind the study...