HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastases) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54229)

Ramsay_Bolton 01-24-2017 09:14 AM

Re: Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastase

Hi Mario, I'm pleased the treatment is working and also hope Carol feels better soon.

Has Carol always been clear of systemic disease? Are you able to try Kadcyla?

MaineRottweilers 01-24-2017 04:59 PM

Re: Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastase

Prayers that Carol is able to leave the hospital soon. I am so glad that the treatment is working well otherwise.

Ramsay_Bolton 01-25-2017 10:52 AM

What doses of IT Herceptin has everyone been receiving?

marvass 02-04-2017 04:25 PM

Carol passed away yesterday at 2pm gmt+1. Blood pressure fell till spo2 dropped and heart failed. She had an aspiration pneumonia that she could not cope with, mainly because of the taxol, causing complications with blood.

Mtngrl 02-04-2017 04:51 PM

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. You have my deepest condolences.

Thank you for letting us know.

Amy

TiffanyS 02-06-2017 05:47 AM

I’m sorry to hear about Carol. My condolences to you and your family.

Ramsay_Bolton 02-06-2017 09:10 AM

Really sorry to hear this Mario, Carol was an inspiration for a lot of people. This thread has helped save peoples lives.

StephN 02-07-2017 05:14 PM

Marv,
You and Carol fought for each other in such a way as to give so many others hope and a new way to hang on in spite of such negative news.

You have my sincere admiration and prayers that you pain might ease.

Pamelamary 02-07-2017 09:04 PM

So sorry to hear this - condolences to all Carol's family and friends.... Pam

Rolepaul 05-08-2017 12:18 PM

Mario,
I am very sorry to hear this. Carol was an inspiration to everyone that had CNS involvement. My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.
Paul

marvass 12-13-2017 08:14 AM

Thanks everyone for your very kind posts.
I do not know what advances there was on this kind of cancer except that ONT-380 now called tucatinib is moving quickly in trials, and is very promising. Guess it will be the best medicine available soon.

Wish you all good luck.

Mario

Rolepaul 12-13-2017 09:21 AM

Marvin,
I can't imagine how you feel. Nina has done quite well. We are approaching the sixth year of her being on IT Herceptin and Topotecan. November 2 was the 8th anniversary of the discovery of the large lesion on her brain surface. Just under 70 women have contacted me for help with HER+ Brain mets. The survival and no progression rate remains very high. I am sorry Carol wsa not one of those.

marvass 12-13-2017 01:28 PM

Thanks paul. You and Nina were always a great inspiration for us. I will always remain in this thread to help if i can. And Paul is the best in here on this.

Regards
Mario

KathyT 08-11-2019 11:11 PM

I am going to be starting Intrathecal Herceptin hopefully this week. I had the Ommaya Reservoir put on August 1st. Diagnosed June 24th with leptomeningeal Mets.
Has anyone received this treatment or had the Ommaya ??

Laurel 08-12-2019 07:03 AM

Kathy,

I have no experience, but want to wish you a great outcome and amazing response. Please let us all know how you are doing. Hopefully others will chime in soon!

StephN 08-15-2019 10:39 PM

KathyT, you are rounding another bend in a long road. Sorry you have to take that path, but there is a lot of helpful info in this long thread. You may want to ask about a two-pronged approach. There are some advances according to my med onc, but I don't have details, as she was in a hurry!

Will be very interested in how you do in drowning those spots with a great drug.