HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Not sure if I missed this! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58369)

tricia keegan 06-15-2013 03:12 PM

Not sure if I missed this!

I just learned today that Helen (posting as Delaney) passed on last October 2012 to this disease. I'm sorry if I missed the news at the time but I sent her a pm recently as noticed she hadn't posted in a while and a family member was kind enough to reply.

I felt she deserved a mention here and will be thinking of her in my thoughts and prayers, rest in peace Helen my dear Irish sister. :(

Love

Tricia xx

CarolineC 06-15-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Not sure if I missed this!

I was wondering about her too. I am thinking of her and her family.

NEDenise 06-15-2013 04:55 PM

Tricia,
I was just thinking about Helen this morning. Thank you for posting this. She was such a good lady, I know she's at peace, but I'll pray for her family.
Denise

tricia keegan 06-15-2013 05:06 PM

Thank you Caroline and Denise and Helen didn't post often so I really wasn't concerned until recently and I'm glad her family let me know, albeit quite late but I'm sure no prayers are wasted.

Laurel 06-15-2013 05:16 PM

I remember Helen (Delaney) and I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Thank you, Tricia, for letting us know. Very sad news.

KsGal 06-16-2013 03:38 AM

Im very sorry to hear about this as well. Prayers for peace and comfort for her family, although as you said, a little late.

Jackie07 06-16-2013 06:31 AM

Someone has logged on with her account as of today. But below is what she had last posted in August, 2012. She fought a good fight:

"Thank you all for your replies (and top marks to everyone who was correct - it was an infection. I am in the hospital for almost 3 weeks, being treated with aggressive anit biotics via iv. I am allowed out in the afternoons for 'healthy air' and its lovely. So I took a look at the message page today to catch up. I will get a new port in on Monday and come home Tuesday. Hopefully I never have to be admitted again.
Lung mets shrinking.
Back on Herceptin with T/X. Partial response.
Skin mets progressing. Radiation scheduled mid february 2011.
Spot found on hip - radiation to hip beginning mid February 2011.
Now trying Gemzar/Tyverb/Herceptin and Zometa.
CT scan Feb 2011 - lung clear!
Brain mets (specks) - radiation mid Feb.
Brain Scan June'11 - Clear
CT Scan June'11 - Good - skin met active - watch and wait.
Surgery to remove skin met. Surgery to back 2012, four titanium rods inserted. Skin mets reappear. On Navelbine, not working. 4 week washout, start Myocet for skin and lung mets August 2012. Brain scan clear despte intermittent blurry vision (something hiding? Am suspicious but hopeful. )On we go, glad to be here."

Ellie F 06-16-2013 06:44 AM

Hi
I also missed it Tricia. Thanks for letting us know. Once again I'm saddened to lose another sister.
Ellie

tricia keegan 06-16-2013 03:53 PM

Thanks everyone, and Jackie I knew she was admitted at that time but not how serious it was.:(

I think her family member logged in to send me the pm :(

Tricia x

Ellie F 06-17-2013 04:44 AM

Hi
Am I understanding this right, was it an infection rather than the cancer that took our sisters life??

Ellie

tricia keegan 06-17-2013 12:54 PM

Ellie I think it was the cancer as she was admitted in August for infection but the cancer was spreading and she passed late October.:(

karen z 06-17-2013 06:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news.
Thank you for letting us know.