HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   10 years... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58275)

Ruth 06-03-2013 08:08 PM

10 years...

Hi everyone ~Goodness it has been such a decade. I can't even begin to express how grateful I have been over the years to this favorite website of mine. Granted I haven't participated like I have in the past these last several years but that is somewhat normal I think given I haven't been in active treatment and have only old treatments and memories to share. I am not on cutting edge knowledge anymore and feel I can't contribute as I once did. I can now however give many of you hope as you see my signature and "cancer stats" as they were 10 years ago. I have reached the milestone that I told my then 8 year old son (who's now a sophomore in college) that if I could make it to here it's worth a little celebration. It's a gold medal. It's the lottery ticket in life. Funny now that I have had cancer now i feel every day is a winning lottery ticket (but no-one outside really gets that). I am eternally grateful for all the support this place has given me. I have grieved and shared tears of joy as I have read so many wonderful stories here. This is a special place. Bless you all and I will be checking in as I always have.
Hugs ~ Ruth

IrvineFriend 06-03-2013 08:24 PM

Re: 10 years...

Thank you for your post, it gives me hope and CONGRATULATIONS! You won the lottery for sure.

-Julie

Bunty 06-03-2013 08:48 PM

Great news Ruth! I think what your journey indicates and will give hope to many is, that you were probably one of the early HER2+ women/men to receive adjuvant Herceptin, and that certainly has been important in you reaching this wonderful milestone.
Cheers Marie

karen z 06-03-2013 09:16 PM

Ruth,
Ten years is a wonderful milestone. And I agree with Marie that you were one of the very earliest to receive Herceptin- so wonderful that your doc saw to that. I hope you keep checking in and I know that you have much to offer others who would love to hear from you. Best wishes,
karen z

NEDenise 06-04-2013 06:09 AM

Ruth
YAY for YOU!! And yay for your kids too!
Thanks so much for stopping in to share this exciting milestone with us!

Stay well! Stay strong!
Denise

suzan w 06-04-2013 11:26 AM

Ruth, thank you for sharing your wonderful news! What a milestone. We need good news today!!!

SusanN 06-04-2013 12:56 PM

AMEN & HUGE CONGRATS!!
Being new to this group...and stumbling upon it, I've been so blessed to find such knowledgeable, encouraging, supportive, fun gals...!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR HOPE, JOY AND HAPPINESS WITH US!!!! <3

tricia keegan 06-04-2013 04:05 PM

So happy for you Ruth and thanks for sharing with us:)

foleyjsr5 06-05-2013 06:28 AM

FANTASTIC NEWS! You are such an inspiration-I keep coming on to browse and rarely post-I am almost 2yrs post diagnosis and have a 14yr old son - your story gives me such hope. Thank you

Jackie07 06-05-2013 10:01 AM

Congratulations! Happy 10th Anniversary!

Lien 06-05-2013 10:30 AM

Congratulations, Ruth! Wonderful Milestone. I hope to follow in your footsteps next January. I too had an 8 yr old when I was diagnosed in 2004, and a 3 yr old as well. The eldest is now graduating from High School and the youngest has just started there. I feel very fortunate, like you.

May you enjoy many more Milestones!

Love

Jacqueline

janieR 06-05-2013 01:24 PM

Ruth.

Happy 10th anniversary. Look forward to your next anniversary.

Janie

Bill 06-05-2013 05:24 PM

Hi Ruth! Congratulations on the 10 years! And thanks for sharing the good news. It's nice to hear from you. I'm glad you're rolling right along, enjoying life the way you should be.

Jean 06-06-2013 03:27 PM

Ruth,
How wonderful!!! Your son is so handsome and you,
beautiful. It is with joy and smiles to read your post.
Wishing you many more 10 year anniversaries.

God Bless,
Jean

sassy 06-06-2013 08:51 PM

Ruth,

Thanks for stopping back in to share good news and encouragement.

Congrats to you and best wishes to you!