HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   TroVax or HER2 neu trial more effective for HER2neu? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25855)

amccreery 10-26-2006 11:36 PM

TroVax or HER2 neu trial more effective for HER2neu?

I am in the last steps of qualifying for the HER2 vaccine trial at UofW. They said I also qualify for the TroVax trial. I read on this forum that the TroVax vaccine targets four receptors versus the one that the HER2 vaccine targets. But the HER2 vaccine specifically targets HER2+positive cancers while the TroVax doesn't.

Does anyone know which is getting better results for HER2+ metastatic breast cancers?

Thank you.

StephN 01-05-2007 03:35 PM

TroVax trial not running yet

Hi -
I just spoke with Patty F. at the U of W this week to follow up with this trial myself. In Oct. my med onc said it would be early 2007 before it would be ready to enroll.
Patty now reports that it will be another 3 or so months as things stand now. Meaning hopefully March/April.
In the meantime, they are still enrolling for the other HER2 specific vaccine trials.

Best of luck!

fullofbeans 02-06-2007 05:26 PM

Dear Amcreery,

Do you mean that you would be eligible to have the her2 vaccine at UW as well as the trovax vaccine? or would you have to choose between the two. Which her2 vaccine are you enrolling for? they have two running
Thanks
Karina

helping others 02-07-2007 08:52 AM

Is there a vacinne for ther her2new. helping others

amccreery 02-21-2007 08:12 PM

Her2Neu Trial - reply to Full of Beans

Hello,
I'm enrolled in the HER2/neu Intracellular Domain (ICD) Peptide Based Vaccine at the U of W. I've done two rounds of the vaccine. I had a mild asthma-like reaction last time. So I'm talking with them about whether or not to continue. I'll keep the board posted in case anyone is curious about this.

43 y/o
Stage 1/Grade ILC January 2005
Masectomy/no systemic treatment
Recurrence in skin November 2005
Chemo started in January 2006
Bone mets found in July of 2006 after chemo
Radiation to chest wall and surgery
Currently NED/Stable bone-only

Beverly_R 04-17-2007 10:55 AM

I am also interested in hearing more about this. My doctors at MD Anderson cautioned me about these HER2 vaccines, particularly the trial at Washington. Has anyone heard this? It sounds like an easy trial, but then again I don't want to do anything that would hurt my chances in the long run. Also, I have just looked into several other trials that don't allow prior immune therapy trials participation. Has anyone been prevented from doing other trials because of this trial?

Thanks for any information! Bev

yellowfarmhouse 04-21-2007 09:13 PM

also looking at vaccine trials

Dear friends,

Patty at U of Washington is looking over my medical record to see if I qualify for vaccine trial.

I had the same questions as Beverly.....

I'm borderline stage 2B/3A, two year survivor so far. I had four positive nodes, Her @ 3+ and "triple positive."

Any other promising trials? I've sent inquiries to Walter Reed and Apthera .

Blessings,
Wendy