HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Eye Twitching (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23118)

Sherryg683 03-18-2006 12:31 PM

Eye Twitching

I've had some slight twitching in my left eye this week after I had my 4th Taxotere. I just had a brain scan done 2 weeks ago and it was clear, so I can't believe it's that. Has anyone had this experience. It's not a constant twitch, just every now and then but enough to bother me..sherryg683

madubois63 03-18-2006 01:07 PM

Yes, it's the Taxotere. No worry though. It goes away after your off the Taxotere. My eyes twitch like mad for a few days after getting the chemo. Drives me insane.

lia 03-18-2006 02:44 PM

my eye started twitching whilst on taxotere and still does now ,occasionally ,5 months later ! glad to hear i m not the only one ! I wasnt sure if it was something sinister ,herceptin , zoladex, arimidex , left over taxotere ,or .... just a twitch !!

Chelee 03-18-2006 03:43 PM

Ha...I thought it was just me. I have had my left eye also twitching. Drives me nuts. I rub it and try to get it to stop. Now that I had my long stay in the hospital and the Taxotere is out of my body....I haven't had the twitch at all. But I start again on the taxotere this Monday so I will let you know. But I am sure it is the taxotere.

Barbara2 03-18-2006 05:13 PM

Twitching

My eyes have done that off and on for many years, so when it comes, I don't get excited. It can twitch off and on for a week or so, then go away for many months. The last couple of days my cheek has been twitching. Who knows why, but I think it's harmless.

Barbara

Sandy H 03-18-2006 06:21 PM

I have had it off and on and I am not on Taxatere. I thought it was the Herceptin but its not all the time and I am on weekly Herceptin. hugs, Sandy

janet/FL 03-18-2006 07:23 PM

I had eye twitching quite frequently while on Taxotere. I had all the other problems too, shingles, legs and hand feelling like frost bite. Sty in eye that is still there. Teeth problems. Now just on Herceptin, most of the problems are gong away. Haven't had an eye twicth in a long while. Glad to read that it wasn't unusal.
Janet/FL

DeborahNC 03-19-2006 09:37 AM

Guess I'm not crazy after all! My eyelids twitch, arm and leg muscles twitch. Have been off Taxol for two months and feel it is the Herceptin in my case.

Bev 03-19-2006 09:24 PM

Wierd... just my left eye twitched constantly for a few weeks after taxol was completed, but I have had an occasional twitch before. Janet about the teeth? I had my gums recede in one spot during taxol. Needed a graft. The docs are saying they don't think it's chemo related, but I have never seen such a rapid deterioration in my mouth before. BB

Unregistered 03-20-2006 03:49 AM

Dental issues are a common listed side effect of chemos.

Incidently and interestingly omega three intake is reported to help with general gum disease - and it links in more general terms to heart health etc. More communality with inflamatory conditions etc.

Sorry to hear about your plight dental issues on top of everything else cannot be fun.

RB

cherylynnie 03-20-2006 12:25 PM

I just finished my forth cycle of Taxotere and my eyes have been twitching for the past week. I didn't really think anything of it. So it sounds like it is the taxotere.

XmasCarol 03-21-2006 03:54 PM

My eye twitch increased towards the end of my Herceptin. I finished with Herceptin at the begining of February and my eye twitching is now gone.

StephN 04-04-2006 01:56 PM

STILL have this ...

Hi -
I did not reply to this thread earlier, but am still bothered by the twitching/fluttering. I have been off chemos for almost 4 years now, but have the 3-weekly Herceptin.

I usually have this problem with my eye at night or wake up in the middle of the night with the twitching/fluttering in the inner corner of my right eye. If I lay a finger on that spot it will stop.

Like some of you said, it comes and goes. Not a painful thing or bother in any other way - just STRANGE!

whatz 12-11-2009 02:26 PM

Re: Eye Twitching

Well, I'm another "eye twitcher". Just got off the phone with my onc nurse before I found this conversation here. She echoes the same thoughts already voiced here. I just finished Taxol three weeks ago and am on Herceptin only now. She attributes "the twitch" to Taxol and expects it to go away in the next couple of weeks or to call her back if it doesn't. (next onc visit not until 3months from now).

WolverineFan 12-11-2009 04:59 PM

I had twitching in my left eye as well. It drove me absolutely crazy. I wasn't sure what drug was causing it, but I've been off of Carboplatin and Taxotere for nearly 2 months now, and the last time I had problems with the twitching was about 3 weeks ago. Based on the responses here, I bet it was the Taxotere.

vlcarr 12-12-2009 10:42 AM

I just noticed this same thing over the past month. My was in the right eye now it's switched to the left. Like you all it comes and goes. My 4th chemo is this Wednesday.

Cal-Gal 12-13-2009 10:45 PM

I did have this and was also on taxotere--however, I was low in calcium and magnesium blood counts--and once I got those up--the twitching stopped--might be something to check out also---

Rich66 12-13-2009 11:34 PM

I have that too. Seriously. I guess you can get it just from reading about chemo.

Midwest Alice 12-14-2009 05:00 AM

Rich, lol

I have the eye twitching now and then.

Meredith 01-07-2010 10:55 AM

OMG! Im in the middle of my 5th TCH cycle and my eyes are twiching like mad. Upper and Lower lids both eyes just firing off at random. I read all the threads, but didnt see a one regarding how to make it stop! Any ideas?