HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Caregivers Corner (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Guy Recipes (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38543)

Joe 03-21-2009 08:41 AM

Guy Recipes

Been cooking for yourself lately? Here is a simple 1 1/2 minute grill cheese recipe:

1. Toast 2 slices of bread.
2. Butter one side of each slice.
3. Place several slices of cheese between the buttered slices.
4. Place on paper place and pop in microwave for 30 seconds.

Woola - a grilled cheese sandwich.
Clean up time: Nil

You can also experiment adding additional ingredients such as tomato.

Regards
Joe

ElaineM 03-21-2009 01:06 PM

Guy Recipes

Joe,
Anything that can go on a pizza can go on a grilled cheese sandwich. Not too healthy, but great comfort food.

chrisy 03-21-2009 05:29 PM

Joe that sounds yummy! Sneak in a couple slices of avocado and get some of those healthy fats in...and have it taste even more decadent!

Jackie07 03-21-2009 08:13 PM

Three things hubbie can prepare:

Banana sandwich
Cold cereal (with milk)
Pimento cheese sandwich

Oh, yes, he also makes a good fresh fruit plate: Avacado, grapes, strawberries, and oranges.

Dessert: candies and cookies

ElaineM 03-22-2009 11:48 AM

Guy Recipes

If you don't mind washing a blender cup I have a good one for you.
1. Throw in pieces of your favorite fruit. Peel first if you need to do that. A combo of at least two fruits is best.
2. Pour in some cold milk, or almond milk or rice milk or a couple tablespoons of plain or vanilla yoghurt.
3. Add a little water.
4. Add a few spoons of protein powder from the health food store if you think you need that.
5. Turn on blender. Let it rip.
6. Pour into a glass or a paper cup.
7. Enjoy !!
This is not only a guy recipe. It is great for whoever needs a little extra nutrition and who wants to escape the Ensure route. It is better tasting than Ensure !!

Bill 06-02-2009 03:03 PM

Hey that sounds good, Joe! I mis-read it the first time, and it sounded like too much work, but that is a GREAT recipe.

Rich66 06-06-2009 09:47 PM

I misread it too..and thought you had taken a turn for the Geoffrey Dahmer side of life;)

"Banana sandwich
Cold cereal (with milk)
Pimento cheese sandwich

Has Elvis entered the building?

Believe51 06-13-2009 04:55 PM

Hahaha....Elvis has left the building.

Oh, hey Bill, do you want my world famous ice cube recipe?? I will share it if you would like.>>Believe51

juanita 07-10-2009 08:25 AM

i liked the several slices of cheese part. my son would have half the pack on there.

Bill 07-21-2009 04:48 PM

Take a very large skillet, throw in some smart-balance oil and some garlic and slivered onions, then toss in a few pieces of chicken or salmon. Step back and feel proud, you know, like you got something goin' on here and youda man. Cover it. With experience you will learn to turn down the heat to simmer at this point. Go take care of business, returning on occasion to stir/flip your sizzling paradise. Leave the lid off longer than you should, run over to the AC/Heat control on your thermostat and flip it over to "fan" for a few minutes, then back to Heat/Cool. This will allow the "Aroma of the Gods" to permeate the entire house. Grind a little fresh pepper onto the dish and cover it, quickly, before they come into the kitchen. Trust me, "they" will come. "What smells so good?" Pay them no mind. Continue on your way out the back door and pluck a little chard, spinach, and a few sprigs of Greek Oregano, which I told you to plant last year because it comes back bigger and better and fuller each year, and then linger.....relishing the sounds and scents of your domain, take a few deep breaths, center yourself, and realise that everything happens for a reason, ultimately Good, then go back in. The scent from your dish will be exquisite. Wash your greens, stir your skillet, and tend to a few more tasks. Throw the greens in 10 minutes before you're ready to eat and sprinkle in the shredded cheese (I know, but it's a guy thing) of your choice and go to town!

chrisy 07-21-2009 05:07 PM

Bill can you come over to my house????

Bill 07-21-2009 05:15 PM

Haha, Chrisy! I would love to. We could have a nice big get-together and invite everybody!

Joe 07-25-2009 08:21 PM

New Guy Recipe.

Get a small 4 - 5" desert dish. Spay with cooking oil, place the bottom half of an English muffin firmly in the bottom of the dish.

Place a slice of cheese and slices of ham on top of the muffin, crack an egg and also place the contents on top of the muffin. Place the top half of the muffin in the dish;
pop in a microwave for 2-3 minutes...

Egg Mc Muffin.

Joe

ElaineM 07-26-2009 10:19 AM

Guy Recipes

Take can English muffin or a couple slices of bread.
Put a slice of your favorite cheese on the muffin or the bread. Put a slice or two of tomatoes or spoon some tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle with your favorite Italian style seasonings or toppings.
Cook in toaster oven until it is done.
Instant home style pizza !!

Rich66 07-28-2009 12:22 AM

Hard to top Bill's suggestions, even if he uses Kale as a bad comb-over. But..I will offer up the notion that the best, most addictive junk food has onion powder in it. I find adding it to more healthy vegetables, in tandem with garlic powder, olive oil and various cooking wines and vinegars, can transform microwaved California blend veggies into a delicacy in ADHD pleasing timeframes.

GemmaG 07-28-2009 04:47 AM

My fave,the underestimated slightly salted thin sliced tomato sandwich on any toasted bread! yum!

Bill 09-14-2009 06:21 PM

Re: Guy Recipes

Take a large pack of chicken wings/drumettes and throw 'em onto a cookie sheet and bake them at 400 degrees, give or take a few degrees, for as long as it takes to get 'em crispy looking. Once in awhile, you need to flip them. While your "meat-nectar of the gods" is cooking, throw a stick of butter into a bowl, pour in 2/3rds of a bottle of Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce into a bowl and nuke it until it's melted. (If the wife is watching, throw a paper towel over the bowl before micro-waving, otherwise just hurry up real quick and get the hell outta there). After the wings are done, drizzle half of your sauce onto them and save the other half for dipping. Men, I have been called a "hot-wing Savant" on more than one occasion, so please heed my words. My knowledge is tried and true, and pure. Here's what you must know going into this endeavor. 1- chances are, your significant other will not partake in this meal. You will come to realise that this feast is all yours. 2-at the onset, you will plan on eating half of the wings, intending to save the other half for "another time".
This "another time" will occur immediately after you've eaten the first half. The odd thing about this is that it doesn't matter how many wings you have prepared. This rule always applies. 3- sadly, you will reach a point in time when you only have 3 wings left on your platter. Your mind goes into over-drive at this point, imagining a time in the future when you will only want to eat only 3 hot wings. Yeah, right, that'll never happen. So, the only thing to do that makes any sense is to finish them off, right? Right. 4-A side dish of Ranch dressing is acceptable, but only girls eat celery with their wings. Good Luck!

D.W. 09-21-2009 03:57 PM

My husband calls the sandwich an easy grilled cheese. I mentioned it to him and he said that he never thought to microwave it.

Bill 08-01-2010 04:27 PM

Cook half a pound of bacon, eat 20 percent of it, then put the rest on whatever else it is you're cooking.

Jackie07 08-05-2010 08:10 PM

Sorry, Bill - but Bacon is cited in at least two places in this article (#5, #9, and implied in #6) as 'bad, bad, bad...':

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002096.htm