HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ~Daily Inspirational Quotes..... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31080)

PinkGirl 11-24-2007 07:28 PM

THE LONGER WE DWELL ON OUR MISFORTUNES, THE GREATER IS THEIR POWER TO HARM US.

Voltaire

fauxgypsy 11-25-2007 01:50 PM

The message is to choose life in this moment, not to try and live forever. Someday, when you're tired and sore and want to leave your body, your death will be a healing--not a failure. You will have been an example of how to deal with adversity and leave a legacy of love.
Bernie S. Siegel

Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles is not a realist.
David Ben-Gurion

But in the mud and scum of things
``There alway, alway something sings.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

" There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with."
Harry Crews

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.
William James

I have learned from experience that
the greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

I don't want anyone to believe that I am a Pollyanna, always chirping about goodness and light. But neither do I want to be a victim, of other people or of circumstance. I rarely manage to be as positive as I wish that I could be. I do aspire to overcome ill health, bad moods, and anger. I am often far from successful. But quotes like these have always inspired me and given me the urge to try to create life the way I would like for it to be. To respond versus react. To deal with whatever comes into my life the best that I can.
Y'all keep the quotes coming.

Leslie

PinkGirl 11-25-2007 04:26 PM

THE BEST REMEDY FOR THOSE WHO ARE AFRAID, LONELY OR UNHAPPY IS TO GO OUTSIDE, SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY CAN BE QUIET, ALONE WITH THE HEAVENS, NATURE AND GOD. BECAUSE ONLY THEN DOES ONE FEEL THAT ALL IS AS IT SHOULD BE.

Anne Frank

Believe51 11-28-2007 01:25 PM

I Love This One...........

"If Someone Is Too Tired To Give You A Smile, Leave One Of Your Own, Because No One Needs A Smile As Much As Those Who Have None To Give" By Unknown

Love You All>>Believe51

hermiracles 11-28-2007 01:41 PM

Beautiful!

Wow - I just found this thread - how lovely! Thanks for sharing sisters. My contribution for today:

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Blessings all
Hermiracles<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-28-2007 03:05 PM

We have three choices in life: to do good, to get better or to give up...

The power of choice is yours.

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl 12-01-2007 09:27 PM

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Attachment 179

Joy 12-02-2007 09:14 AM

my new fave

from, yes, hot soccer boy David Beckham via Kris Carr's Crazy, Sexy Cancer Tips:

"Impossible is a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is an opinion not a fact. Impossible isn't a declaration it's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

PinkGirl 12-03-2007 03:05 PM

GIVE KISSES EVERYDAY

Attachment 180

Believe51 12-04-2007 12:57 PM

I had to look this one up..

couldn't remember word for word until now...hehehe!

"This I Believe: That The Free, Exploring Mind Of The Individual Human Is The Most Valuable Thing In The World. And this I Would Fight For: The Freedom Of The Mind To Take Any Direction It Wishes, Undirected. And This I Must Fight Against: Any Idea, Religion, Or Government Which Limits Or Destroys The Individual."
By John Steinback

Believe51

PinkGirl 12-05-2007 09:42 AM

JOY CAN BE REAL ONLY IF PEOPLE LOOK UPON THEIR LIFE
AS A SERVICE AND HAVE A DEFINITE OBJECT IN LIFE OUTSIDE
THEMSELVES AND THEIR PERSONAL HAPPINESS.

Leo Tolstoy

Believe51 12-05-2007 10:03 AM

Hey PinkGirl....

Hey...I like that, PinkGirl you come out with some great ones. And by the way, the picture with the cats in the mirror.....my Maine Wave long haired cat Mookie looked just as cute as the kitten. If I didn't know better I would think that was Mook Man!!>>Believe51

PinkGirl 12-06-2007 09:31 AM

These are from Cynthia's post of the Survivor Movie

SET BACKS ARE ONLY OPPORTUNITIES TO REVIEW THE LESSON.

I WILL NOT BE ASHAMED OF MY SCARS. MY SCARS ARE THE BRUSH STROKES IN THE MASTERPIECE THAT IS MY LIFE.

fauxgypsy 12-07-2007 06:48 PM

"Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Always be a little kinder than necessary... "
-J.M. Barrie

Leslie

PinkGirl 12-07-2007 08:15 PM

I've always liked that one Faux. Whenever I try to write it down, I always get it all garbled up. Here's mine for today:

I'VE LEARNED THAT PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU DID, BUT PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.

Maya Angelou

fauxgypsy 12-07-2007 09:51 PM

I got this one in an email today.

“All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within."

Horace Friess

Leslie

hermiracles 12-08-2007 04:19 AM

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Hope is the deep orientation of the human soul that can be held at the darkest times.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">
Vaclav Havel
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Blessings
Hermiracles

PinkGirl 12-08-2007 09:26 PM

YOUR DAILY LIFE IS YOUR TEMPLE AND YOUR RELIGION.
WHEN YOU ENTER INTO IT, TAKE WITH YOU YOUR ALL.

Kahlil Gibran

PinkGirl 12-12-2007 01:12 PM

Three Wise Men

Three Wise Women
would have ...

ASKED FOR DIRECTIONS,
ARRIVED ON TIME,
HELPED DELIVER THE BABY,
CLEANED THE STABLE,
MADE A CASSEROLE,
BROUGHT "PRACTICAL" GIFTS AND
THERE WOULD BE
PEACE ON EARTH

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-13-2007 11:52 AM

trouble Knocked On The Door, But Hearing Laughter, Hurried Away...