HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Letting out the Frivolous side... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30978)

~Bellydancer~ 11-05-2007 09:09 AM

Letting out the Frivolous side...

I am going to buy myself a Nintendo DS lite. I am not very good at these kind of video games BUT my friend was telling me about the Brain Age games which are mental "exercises" to help maintain mental acuity, and ward off Alzheimer's. Not sure if I will develop Alzheimer's but may help with the "Chemo Brain". What do you think?

hutchibk 11-05-2007 11:37 AM

I have never heard of those games, but now I am interested. Even though I don't like video games in general. I am all about mental acuity... hmmmm. Thanks for the info!

Believe51 11-07-2007 08:21 AM

Great!!

I too want to get Ed something where he can keep his brain working. My best advice to you:
Do not let Tiptoe play if she visits. She learned how to play Gameboy while in Rhode Island and beat me every time. She uses her tail for a better advantage. Do not know if this is cheating but I let her have the upper hand!! Hehehe!!!>>Believe51

Marlys 11-07-2007 09:12 AM

Oh my God!! I am a video game addict. And TipToe is due here in January. Well, my grandchildren think I am the neatest Grandma in the world so maybe TipToe will too. Seriously, I have found that the games keep me on my toes in many ways so I have no regrets. My husband probably would like to see me quit but until there is a 12 Step Program for this addiction he is out of luck. Incidentally , he is so jealous of my sober friends and the time I spend with them that he would probably stroke out if I did find Nintendo Anonymous.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

tousled1 11-07-2007 11:50 AM

You'll love the Nintendo DS. I bought it for my daughter last Christmas and I think I played it more than she did. I think she was glad when I went home. My grandson just got the WII that you hook up to your TV and it has something very similar to the Brain Age Nintendo on it. BUY IT -- YOU'LL LOVE IT -- it's addictive.

~Bellydancer~ 11-07-2007 02:32 PM

I picked up my DS in pink!!! I love it. I have been doing my brain training...actually quite fun. I completed my first Sudoku puzzle last night. It only took me 91 min. LOL is that good? I had help from my 10 yr old son who loves these and then Dwayne my Hubby got into it. I am hoping for tetris for Christmas. I also am hoping that they will develope a CSI mystery game. I love CSI!!
Tata for now I'm off to exercise....my brain.

Believe51 11-14-2007 02:03 PM

Wellll......

Did you get it, did you get it?? Huh?? Let me know what games you get and how you liked them. Vise Versa. And remember, keep Tiptoe away from the games unless you are willing to let her win!! LOL>>Believe51

Edit: So excited Honey I did not even read the new post. Of course you got it. Have fun and no cheating!

~Bellydancer~ 11-15-2007 07:43 PM

I did buy it!!!

I bought a beautiful Pink Nintendo DS lite. I also bought myself, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Big Brain Academy and Tetris!!! the Brain Age one are fun, the Big Brain Academy is a bit goofy but still ok. I was saving Tetris until later, I hope that it will idle away the hours of Chemo. I actually don't know what to expect when I am having it.

hutchibk 11-15-2007 10:44 PM

And all this time I thought Her2Support was a video game... LOL.