HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   metformin again (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66284)

sarah 07-08-2017 11:14 PM

metformin again

https://www.wired.com/story/this-pil...-nickel-a-pop/

donocco 07-09-2017 10:13 PM

Re: metformin again

The lifr extension action of Merformin in mice has been known for decades. Another chemical showing the same thing is Chromium Picolinate.

Paul

sarah 07-10-2017 12:46 AM

Thank you for your response. Somehow putting heavy metals in your body doesn't appeal! Also some of the side effects mentioned are worrying - muscle deterioration.
Since I have had heart problems since radiation, Metformin seemed to be helpful for heart and cancer. I realize that the glucose it regulates is not the same glucose that cancer likes but I would hope there was some help there?

donocco 07-10-2017 10:56 AM

I wasnt suggesting taking Chromium Picolinate. I didnt realize it caused muscle degeneration. The big argument oiver chromium Picolinate is that it causes genetic damage and its the same old same old. The people who promote say the genetic damage in the test tube cells was at a chromium concentration way above what you get with supplementation.
On pub-med an experiment was done with mice, giving them the drug for a year and their was no increase in cancers due to genetic damage.

What you say about heavy metals might make some sense. Many call Hulda Clark and her "Cure for all cancers" a quack but I reserve judgement untilI try to understand the persons ideas. She claims all cancers are caused by a type of flukeworm called Fasciolopsis buski that normally lives in the intestine. If your liver is polluted with iso-propyl alcohol the fluke can grow in the liver and produce a chemical called ortho-phospho tyrosine that can stimulate cancer cells to grow.She talks about heavy metals and cancer.Part of her treatment is to get rid of the heavy metals and one of her references is a book about Metals and carcinogenicity. It seems that nickel is the most carcinogenic metal. This is from that book not Hulda Clark. One of Clarks treatments is to remove all metal from the teeth.

I know this sounds crazy. Yet the border between madness and genius is blurred. Clark talks about metal pollution from soaps and of course drinking water. Just out of curiosity I looked at the inactive ingredients of many soaps and they all contain Tungsten.

Im kind of rambling but my stepdaughters husband has stage 4 lung cancer. So I mailed her a copy of one of Clarks books. Breast cancer is treatable but stage 4 lung cancer really isnt. They are treating the man with Gilotrif 40mg a day. The lifespan of a patient with stage 4 lung cancer on Gilotrif is about a year. What harm is there if he tried Hulda Clarks "anti-parasite herb mixture to treat the fluke infestation? Its not like suggesting a Her2 Neu patient substitute Herceptin for the "anti-parasite mixture. If the situation is grim what is their to lose?

I only mention this because of what you said about heavy metals. It sounds like you may have read some of Hulda Clarks books.

Paul

donocco 07-10-2017 12:30 PM

Actually soap contains Titanium not Tungsten. According to Clark whe you toast bread in a toaster you ingest tungsten. When my wife eats breakfast (I just drink coffee) and eats toast and cold cereal I remind her of the tungsten she is ingesting and the isopropanol( in the cold cereal.) She makes believe she doesnt hear me. She onlt takes my medical kmnowledge seriously when she has a question about a prescription medicine she is taking

sarah 07-12-2017 05:11 AM

You're right of course. Thanks for the information.
Sarah