HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   gas prices (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33101)

juanita 03-15-2008 08:42 PM

gas prices

This should take your mind off breast cancer-how much does a gallon of gas cost where you are? Here in my neck of the woods it is $3.45. this is farming community so the cost of diesel really affects them even more.

Bill 03-15-2008 10:06 PM

3.25 here, yeah it's gettin' rough. No more Sunday drives through the countryside, huh?

Mary Jo 03-16-2008 05:14 AM

3.25 here yesterday.

duga35 03-16-2008 10:06 AM

$3.45
That's polly why I can't unload my V10 Excursion right now

Jean 03-16-2008 11:33 AM

Juanita,
Can you imagine, disel is up to $4.10 here...(new jersey Bergen cty area)
18 miles from NYC...gas is $3.10 reg. and Hi test is $3.20

Our friends in Europe are still paying much more - ugh.

Jean

juanita 03-16-2008 01:25 PM

My granddaughter lives in kentucky, drives to see her may be all we do instead of just driving aimlessly and seeing the state.

Mgarr 03-16-2008 03:20 PM

Between $3.29-$3.39 As much as I hate it I guess my husband will have to take his motorcycle to work - that is if SPRING ever comes to Michigan.

Mar

Kim in CA 03-16-2008 06:07 PM

I can barely get the words out, "$4.09 for diesel "!

It figures that when I finally persuaded my husband to trade in the old 3/4 ton that ran on regular gas, and upgrade to a newer diesel to haul my horsies around, the prices would go nuts. Regular is running around $3.59 here. We are about an hour north of San Francisco.

I will be trailer-pooling with my friend to most of my endurance rides this year, so that will help considerably, but the prices still make me fume!

harrie 03-16-2008 11:55 PM

Hilo on the Big Island: around $3.50/gal for reg
$3.75/gal for super

On Maui it is up to $4.00 gallon

At Hana, Maui it is up to $4.50/gal

Jean 03-17-2008 12:47 PM

Yikes,
can't get over how the prices vary in different states.
Kim, maybe you might consider riding to the shows :)
the rest of us will just have to make do.

Maryanne - not to surprised with your area, it reminds of
Bermuda prices and Aruba prices...everything costs more.

Hugs to all,
Jean

SandyR 03-17-2008 02:12 PM

Gas is now $3.60 a gallon in Washington state! and BRRRR ! it's too cold to ride my bike to work! (for me it has to be above 50 degrees!)

And the oil companies have recorded RECORD profits??????

SandyR

StephN 03-17-2008 02:35 PM

Ouch!

Hey Sandy -
Look for an Arco station - they are the cheapest. I know you have some in Everett. There are 2 not far from my house in Lake Forest Park.

Paid $3.35/gal for regular last week. I am trying to drive less and to "bundle" my errands to conserve better.

The Safeway gas station is less than the major brands, and my car likes it fine.

There are long lines at the Costco gas stations these days. My sister lives by one and goes early in the morning!

Bill 03-17-2008 05:51 PM

Wow, Harrie, I really feel for you, Darlin'. You only have one road over there, and both ends lead to the beach. It must really stink to pay 3.50 to go lay on a beach in Paradise everyday. (Wink, wink)

Becky 03-17-2008 06:26 PM

I have to follow the commodities for my job - oil hit $109 a barrel today as a high. It did settle "up" at $107.30. Who'd have thunk a year ago? So, it is a certainty that the economy begins to suffer at $100 oil. The economists said no but now its really happening. Folks don't have enough to pay for gas, oil and derviatives (20% of oil is used for petrochemicals and downstream products - everything from plastics to detergent and toothpaste). And these things are going up because oil becomes ethylene or propylene that can go into plastic or oxides. Oxides make surfactants, soaps etc etc. Ethylene and more importantly propylene go into benzene then acrylates (to make latexes etc) - See how its all connected. I have had price increases on my products every month (sometimes twice a month) to keep up.

Now the banks are going under too because folks can't pay their mortgages. Yikees!

harrie 03-17-2008 11:58 PM

yin yang

Yea Bill, that must be yin yang....price of gas which sucks and then the gorgeous beach. Hmmmm... the price we must pay to live in paradise...

Just like when you wrote that one on your wrestling match with your son. First thing that came to my mind....yin yang....there you were writing to all of us at HER2 and then you turn around and have a full on wrestling match! Is that yin yang or what????

I have had a lot of yin yangs with my br ca experiences.

BTW, I thought I read in the paper this weekend the barrel was up to $110!!

Maryanne

Sheila 03-18-2008 04:40 AM

Harrie aka Maryanne
I would pay the high gas prices anyday to live where you do....you have to be one of the luckiest people living in Hawaii.....my dream is to get there one day.....hot sand, warm sun and palm trees....there is nothing better.

harrie 03-18-2008 11:21 PM

Sheila, I have lived on the Big Island for over 25 yrs. Originally I am from California. The longer I live here, the more I appreciate how very blessed I am. And...Hilo is a very unique town in itself.
Harrie

jones7676 03-19-2008 07:52 AM

Gas in Upper Michigan is 3.50 a gallon and 4.19 for diesel. My brother drives truck and I sure feel sorry for him and for all of us. However, I think we all need to change our usage and try and create a big excess. Also, because the dollar is falling in value compared to other currencies - and because oil is priced based on dollars they have to keep jacking the price up here to make it hold it's price in other countries......I think we all need to buy bicycles and use them. Good exercise and saves $$$$!