HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   4+ years with stage IV battle ends (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64370)

KG1993 01-07-2016 08:35 AM

4+ years with stage IV battle ends

My mother was dx in August of 2011 with stage IV Her2+ with mets to liver and bones. Treatment was given at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. We live about 6 hours from there in IL. 15 months later, mets to brain. After Whole Brain rads, and 2 gamma knifes, perjeta, herceptin, and zometa Mom decided in Oct. 2015 with little quality of life to stop treatment. She had no muscle coordination or balance left. My father was feeding her, bathing her, she was wheel chair bound. She had lost 100 lbs. On a positive note she was able to see all 3 children get married and 2 grandbabies born. Mom lost her battle on December 18th, 2015 in her home with the assistance of hospice care.
I have used this forum over the last 4+ years to ask advice and have support from wonderful people. I am so glad this community exists. God bless you all.
Kim G

spiritualabundance 01-07-2016 08:46 AM

Re: 4+ years with stage IV battle ends

Thinking of and praying for you and your entire family. I have read many of your posts and comments about mom and you are amazing, strong, and such a blessing to her. She is finally in His embrace and more comfortable than she has been for years. Praise God for having enough rooms for all of us. God bless you for all you did. Much love and prayers.

jra40 01-07-2016 09:00 AM

I'm so sorry to hear we lost another warrior who fought a brave battle against this dreadful disease. She joins our beautiful angels in heaven to help us all continue the fight and hope for a cure someday. Praying for comfort for you and your family Kim, your mother was so blessed to have you as a daughter.

Jessica

Pray 01-07-2016 09:02 AM

What a gift you and her were to each other. Gods blessings and many prayers to you and your family.

Mtngrl 01-07-2016 10:04 AM

Dear Kim,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know, and for your participation on the board.

I'm glad your mom experienced those important family milestones. I'm glad for her that she had your support and help.

I was diagnosed about the same time as your mom (and might be about the same age). I'm doing well right now, but I realize that could end on short notice.

Again, my condolences and thanks.

Carol Ann 01-07-2016 11:05 AM

Kim,

I can only echo what has already been said. I am so sorry. Thank you for letting us know. Your mother was so fortunate to have you as her daughter.

Carol Ann

lkc Gumby 01-07-2016 11:47 AM

Hi Kim. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear mother. I am happy though she had experience all those joyful moments. I lost my Mom on dec 18 2003 to bc and I know it can be so difficult during the holidays.
I wish for you to be comforted by all those wonderful moments which you will have forever to cherish.

tricia keegan 01-07-2016 12:56 PM

I also am so very sorry for your loss Kim, may your Mom RIP along with all our other her2 Angels that have been taken far too soon. xx

MaineRottweilers 01-08-2016 08:03 AM

Kim, I am so sorry to learn of your loss. What a blessing you have been to her over the years. I am sure she is smiling down on you with her thankful love and appreciation. She will surely leave and emptiness in your life. I hope you are able to fill that emptiness with happy memories and smiles, in good time. The pain of loss never leaves but it does fade a bit as we learn to crowd it out with all of those wondrous memories of a life well lived.
God bless you all in this difficult time.

KG1993 02-02-2016 10:47 AM

Thank you for all the wonderful responses. May all of you continue to fight this horrific disease.