HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Another Loss for our Group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34507)

Sheila 06-25-2008 12:10 PM

Another Loss for our Group

Many of you probably never met DeDe...she registered but I am not sure she ever posted...she was a lurker...she lives just a few blocks from me, her and I went to chemo together...same Dr., same hospital, identical breast cancer stats ....she passed away yesterday after a long battle...she had neck node problems and we always mirrored treatment with each other...our oncologist called me today, she didn't want me to get upset and worried when I heard.....I am saddened by yet another loss, but also a very special friend.... between the loss of DeDe, my Mom's health problems, and my little Grandaughter having back surgery today in Chicago, I feel like I need some extra prayers....I feel like I want to run away from all of this, but I can't...I go for treatment again tomorrow
Much Love to all of you....YOU ARE MY STRENGTH

Obituaries

Delia "Dede" D. Neal
(August 1, 1959 - June 24, 2008)
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/images/spacer.gif
Sign Guest Book | Send Private Condolences
Mrs. David (Delia "Dede") Neal
Age 48 of Morris, passed away Tuesday afternoon, June 24, 2008 at Morris Hospital.
Funeral services and arrangements are pending at this time under the direction of Reeves Funeral Homes, Ltd. 408 East Washington Street (one block East of Illinois Route 47) in Morris.
Friends may sign the online guest book or send private condolences to the family by logging onto: www.ReevesFuneral.com A complete obituary with service times will follow as information becomes available.

Chelee 06-25-2008 12:45 PM

Oh Shelia, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, and one of our Her2 sisters. This is just sad news. Seems we've lost far to many this year.

It sounds like you have far too much on your plate right now and just know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. My condolences to her family and friends.

Chelee

Barbara H. 06-25-2008 01:00 PM

Warm thoughts!!

Hi Sheila,
It does sound as if you need more thoughts and prayers. You have definitely been in my thoughts lately. I am so sorry to hear the news of your friend.

I also have treatment tomorrow. Before I go I need to attend the funeral of a friend who had breast cancer many years ago and lymphoma about five or six years ago. She just contacted acute luekemia and only survived a month. She was 82 and decided not to pursue aggressive treatment. It's hard to lose friends.

As I wrote before, I have been thinking of you. I hope your mother is doing well.

Barbara H.

Believe51 06-25-2008 01:14 PM

Oh Nooo

If I lived closer I would be giving you a hug right now! Oh Sheila, I am so sorry for our loss of yet another Her2Warrior. Please know you will be cradled in my thoughts very strongly as you move forward with a full plate. And yes, Chelee, we have had way too many losses this year. My heart is aching so bad and mere words cannot express the hurt. Barbara H, I send love and prayers to you as you also move on without your friend by your side. Remember these precious beings and how they have enriched our lives. Memories and talking about them in our daily life allows them to always be right here. Thinking of us all as we delve forward in our journeys. Let us make them proud!!>>Believe51

StephN 06-25-2008 03:45 PM

Dear Sheila -
My heart goes out to you in these difficult days.
I recall a couple of Dedes here and one who had been fighting a long time. Don't know if she is this DeDe though.

Very hard to lose someone who has been battling side by side with you for so many years. Hard to feel like you are the proverbial "last man standing."

You have my prayers for dear little Jasmine (I assume it is her) for her umteenth surgery to go well, as well for your Mom to continue with her recovery.

Cyberhugs coming your way.

swimangel72 06-25-2008 03:55 PM

Sheila I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and our Her2+ sister. You have every right to feel down - and worried about your granddaughter's surgery! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. :-(

Bill 06-25-2008 04:27 PM

Sheila, you will get extra prayers from me. I'm so sorry to hear of your and Barbara's losses. I hope and pray that your Mom and grand-daughter are well. Try to take care of yourself as much as possible through all of this, too, sweetheart. Love and prayers, Bill

vickie h 06-25-2008 04:42 PM

Sheila, more prayers are coming your way. What great loss you are living through, your trials many now, your dreams dashed by the waves of change.
We are here for you through the storm, we are holding your quilt of hope and standing at your side. We love you, Vickie

chrisy 06-25-2008 04:56 PM

Sheila,
I hate to hear you/we have lost another sister. You are such a rock of strength for all of us, and you have had more than your share this year.

Please take care of yourself, my friend, we need you. My prayers are ongoing. I hope you can feel my heart wrapped around you right now.

Much love
Chris

Liz J. 06-25-2008 05:45 PM

Dear Sheila,

Please know that I am praying for you and your family at this time. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. May she rest in peace. I know you will have the strength to get through all of this.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Mary Jo 06-25-2008 06:28 PM

Dear Sheila,

I am so sorry for all you are going through. I ask God to wrap His arms around you and give you comfort and peace.

Sending you a hug, my love and my prayers surround you.

Mary Jo

Jean 06-25-2008 06:55 PM

Dear Sheila,
Your news is indeed too sad, and I know how heavy your heart is right now. I wish I could be closer to give you a warm hug....and just be by your side.

I have kept you and your Mom in my prayers. You are
such a hero to so many and I hate that you are feeling
sad. I hope the coming days are better for you.

Please know I love you,
Jean

Joan M 06-25-2008 07:28 PM

Sheila,

I'm sorry to hear about DeDe. One of my friends, who I met a my local bc support group, passed away in January, so I understand how you feel. It's a terrible loss. You have really been going through a lot. I'm praying for your mom and grandaughter, for your fight against bc, and for God to give you strength.

GemmaG 06-25-2008 07:35 PM

Please know that I'm thinking and praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear about Dede.

Lots of love,
Gemma

DonnaD 06-25-2008 07:40 PM

Dear friend,
I am so sorry to hear about DeDe. I am at a loss for words.

Why is life so difficult? It is not fair you have to handle so much, and all coming at the same time.

Take comfort in knowing many prayers are coming your way from your sisters. Please keep us informed of your treatment, your Mom's progress and your grand daughter's recovery.

I only wish we lived closer so that I could help you in some way dear friend.

Love,
Donna

PinkGirl 06-25-2008 08:23 PM

I am so sorry Sheila. My heart
goes out to you.

dhealey 06-26-2008 04:17 AM

Sheila, My thoughts and prayers are with your. So sorry for the loss of you dear friend.

ElaineM 06-26-2008 11:53 AM

another loss

I am very sorry. We can live on with memories of those who are no longer with us.

tricia keegan 06-26-2008 04:21 PM

Sheila

I'm so very sorry you've lost a friend..

Sherryg683 06-26-2008 05:56 PM

I am so sorry for this loss. It is hard watching this happen to someone close to you, especially when you yourself are fighting this battle. I will visit her site and sign her guest book, I do not know her personally but we are all sisters in this battle..sherryg683