HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Excited about eyelashes (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28142)

hutchibk 05-08-2007 01:25 PM

Excited about eyelashes

Just to lift the mood a little - I am so excited that in the last two days I have noticed that 7 weeks out from stopping Taxol my eyelashes are coming back! Wow, sometimes it's the littlest things that make me happy...

Now if the eyebrows would show signs of activity...

The Xeloda's not supposed to make it all fall out again, right? Just might make it grow slower?

chrisy 05-08-2007 03:12 PM

"3 on each eye"

Brenda,

I just went to the eye doctor last week, and he was reviewing his notes from 2 years ago when I asked him if he could see ANY eyelashes????? He counted 3 on each eye and wrote that down!

Now I have too many to count...

Marie G 05-09-2007 12:22 PM

The Little Things!!!

Oh, the little things honey. Life is made up of them and sometimes we fail to see them. Some may think nothing of eyelashes or fingernails, but I know different. My husband has HER2+/Inflammatory Breast Cancer and we too appreciate those little things also. Keep up that spirit and fight that you have in you, and keep us posted about all the wonderful things happening to you during recovery. So glad for you getting off your chemo and the excitement you are experiencing right now. We will be hoping to hear from you soon. And remember, good or bad, we are all here for you. >>Waiting For A Miracle>>Marie G

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_15.gif

fullofbeans 05-09-2007 03:00 PM

These little guys are definitly underated.

Mine are growing back in two serate rows has anyone ever experienced that?
I am now almost 4 months away fron last chemo but my eylashes are still very few specially the one on top..so I hope it gets better.

The hair on my legs somewhat have no problem growing back..

rinaina 05-09-2007 07:54 PM

I finished chemo in July 2006 and still have just a few eyelashes and brows and I mean a few. I have given up on every getting them back. Has anyone else had this happen where you don't get them back. I can draw on brows but eyelashes? I don't have time to put fake lashes on except for a special occasion like a wedding. I am not happy about being without lashes and I never anticipated them not growing back.

rinaina 05-09-2007 07:55 PM

oh by the way, where i should have hair, like lashes, I don't, but I now have new hairs in places I never had before...example, my chin...great huh?

mts 05-10-2007 11:44 AM

Just wait 'til the mustache begins to sprout...

Maria

cassie 05-10-2007 11:59 AM

Lashes

My lashes are thin and can't seem to get any more. Two lines of lashes!!!!
Never heard of that. It was so great to shave my legs at the same time that my daughter shaved my head (it was falling out fast) and not having to shave for months, but now its making up for it as are my chin hairs. No mustach yet except for two hairs that get really long before I notice them. They are almost white. A friend of mine has five lashes on the inside and five on the outside but none in the middle. Makes her crazy when she tries to use mascara! Guess we're all unique.
cassie

Emelie 05-10-2007 12:50 PM

Hair on my chinny, chin, chin,

I too have hair in places I know I didn't have before! I am 6 weeks out from Taxotere/Herceptin and on the every 3 week tx so I thought I would be getting more of my eyebrows back. Well, no such luck. My eyelashes are very short, thick and curly. They are very, very strange looking. I do have some hair on my head now, but it is almost completely white. I definetly don't look like the person I was 6 months ago, however; I always consider the alternative!
Thank God for wax!