HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Darlene Denise is an Angel now (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50949)

CourtneyL 08-02-2011 06:45 PM

Darlene Denise is an Angel now

Oh sisters and brothers, I am so very sorry to post this news I just found online. I hadn't heard from our dear Darlene Denise in a few months and wanted to check on her status. I found her obituary listed online here:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pil...&pid=151508268

She passed away on May 30, 2011.

She was such a special lady - always so full of love and support for me and so many others here. Darlene I miss you so very much and pray that you are free from pain and that your spirit is soaring.

hutchibk 08-02-2011 07:23 PM

Re: Darlene Denise is an Angel now

Oh no. No no no. I hate how this happens so quickly. I have wondered and hoped she was doing well... She and I had been messaging back and forth at the end of Feb about the TDM1 trials, she had started in Nashville a little bit before I was about to start in Denver.

At that time, her TMs had dropped significantly, her liver enzymes were cooperating and her brain mets were behaving. Only 3 months before.

My heart just breaks. She is looking out for us now from her angel perch in the soft and beautiful clouds... blessings to her and her family.

ElaineM 08-02-2011 08:54 PM

I am so sorry to read this news !! If anyone has contact with her family please pass along my sympathy to them.

rinaina 08-02-2011 09:00 PM

So sorry to hear of yet another one of our sister's passing. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family and friends.

StephN 08-02-2011 10:30 PM

Thank you Courtney.
Shocking how some we thought were holding their own just slip.
I was also wondering how Darlene was and figured she was just enjoying getting better on T-DM1.

She was a great help and answered posts concerning brain mets, insurance difficulties and on a host of new drugs and side effects.

Thanks for all your help to so many, dear Darlene!

krisvell 08-03-2011 05:31 AM

Darlene,
RIP sweet Angel.

Love,
Kris.....

Jackie07 08-03-2011 05:48 AM

Sending prayers to her friends and family. We'll remember her gentle smiles.

PinkGirl 08-03-2011 06:33 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. Darlene was always willing to help others ... she will be missed. So sad.

Emelie B 08-03-2011 07:07 AM

I will always remember her picture on here. She looked so happy in a beachy scene with her tropical drink.
RIP dear.

Sheila 08-03-2011 08:57 AM

Courtney, Thank you for letting us know....I had no idea things were not going well for her....her knowledge and support for each of us will be sorely missed. My sympathy and prayers to her family.....
Another Angel watching over us.

Ellie F 08-03-2011 09:20 AM

Can't believe another of our Angels has passed away. I am so sorry and send heartfelt sympathy to her family.I really thought T-DM1 was going to sort things out, so sad

Ellie

GracePang 08-03-2011 10:55 AM

The news of her passing away really shocked me (I read it on breastcancer.org). She has inspired so much and I only expected her to fight a long journal for a lot of years to come. Darlene, rest in peace and we love you. Grace

tricia keegan 08-03-2011 11:38 AM

I'm so sad to read this, RIP Darlene xx

kiwigirl 08-03-2011 02:53 PM

My deepest sympathy are with Darlenes family. RIP Darlene xxx

Jacqui

Shobha 08-03-2011 04:55 PM

Very sad on hearing this news. May she rest in peace. She was such a fighter and so helpful.

Lori R 08-03-2011 05:19 PM

Dear Darelene,

I was so sad to see that you have earned your wings. I wasn't ready for you to go. We wanted you to be with us for a long long time. You were so generous with your support and input on a host of questions. Specifically, you helped me breath deeper when I had some insurance questions.

I want you to know, you made a difference in the lives of others. I want you to know that you will probably be surprised by the number of people that will think of you in the years to come and remember you fondly.

Love to you our Angel, free....soaring above the clouds.

Pam P 08-03-2011 05:53 PM

I am saddened to read this news about Darlene. She was always such a support to all of us and she will be missed. My sympathy to her family.

caya 08-03-2011 06:05 PM

Very sorry to hear about Darlene. Another Angel...

all the best
caya

Joan M 08-03-2011 07:53 PM

Courtney,

Thanks for this post. Darlene was a tremendous source of help when I was dealing with insurance regarding my employment and stage 4 cancer. She new every trick in the book and imparted that information to me in long, detailed e-mails.

Darlene, You are one hell of an angel!!! You will be very much missed on this board.

Joan

Mary Jo 08-03-2011 08:11 PM

Always a shock whenever I come here to check up on my her2 friends and read something like this. My heartfelt condolences to her family. God's peace I pray for all.