HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Wanna be part of a group get well card to the founder of this site? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55785)

Paula O 09-12-2012 06:24 AM

Wanna be part of a group get well card to the founder of this site?

Hey guys, let's send a group get-well card with messages of encouragement to Christine Druther, the founder of this Her2 support site. I had her on my mind this morning. She had a stroke several months ago. If folks write messages in this thread , I will copy and paste them and put them in a get well card in a week and mail it to her. I just sent a PM to her daughter Danielle asking her to give us a health update and a current address for her Mom. I don't know if Christine is still recovering in the nursing home facility or not.

If you'd like to participate in this group get well card, please add your message to this thread BEFORE next Wednesday, September 19th--after 9/18 please just send any messages you'd like to her address that'll be added to this thread. I'm heading out of town today:a trip to Value Voters Summit in DC with my 18 yr old son who loves politics--it's his long-awaited- for H.S. graduation gift and I'm so THANKFUL to be well and able to do these things that would not have been possible a year ago. :) After I get back from my trip I'll send out our group card to Christine. I'll start it off--feel free to join right in if you'd like--everyone is welcome.
----------------------------------
Dear Christine,
We don't know each other but I've sure heard lovely things about you and I wanted to extend a great big "Thank you" for all your effort and hard work of both you and your late husband in putting together the Her2 Support web site. It is such a blessing and resource to so many of us battling this disease. Thanks to you for putting together this wonderful gathering place and to all those who keep it humming along smoothly.

I heard you had a stroke: I'm sorry about that and am lifting you in prayer right now. I'm a retired RN and know from caring for stroke patients that there is a great deal of hard work involved in recovering from a stroke. Cancer too, huh? Don't we all well know on that one. Remember to take just a day at a time--a moment at a time is sometimes enough. Keep aiming for every bit of progress you can and it'll pay off. I know this has got to be really hard. You can do this. We are rooting for ya, Christine!

Paula

StephN 09-12-2012 11:13 AM

Re: Wanna be part of a group get well card to the founder of this site?

Dear Christine -

It is almost the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY of this web site. YOU felt and understood the need for a site particularly dedicated to the HER2 overexpressed cancers.

At that time, before Herceptin was readily available, this was a bad diagnosis. You were able to respond to treatment for stage IV mets as well as brain mets. Sharing your story gave hope to so many of us, and we love and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Your happy disposition, easy laughter, and breaking into song draw people to you. Keep on singing your favorite show tunes!

Sending you healing hugs.

Your adoring friend, StephN

7andcounting 09-12-2012 02:18 PM

Christine,

This website is such a lifeline for me. I have learned so much from women who log in and share their experiences. There is so much value in having a dedicated place for us Her 2 ladies to meet up and share our combined knowledge. I am so grateful that when in need I can post a question, or when needing encouragement I can ask for advice. Cheers to you for taking action and putting your talent to work and making this website possible. You are an amazing lady and I thank you for all you have done!

7andcounting

KDR 09-12-2012 06:30 PM

Christine,
You have connected so many of us, and I'll bet I've made friends for life here. Thank you for your vision and dedication.
Karen

evergreen 09-12-2012 08:55 PM

I check the site almost every day. It makes me feel less alone. Thank you sincerely for creating the site!

sarah 09-13-2012 02:41 AM

Hello Christine,
You and Joe created a caring, informative, loving family. Until you created it, we had nowhere to turn to for help and support and information. You had the vision and courage and determination to do it and you gave us hope and courage. Your example is an inspiration. I couldn't have managed without it. You made our lives better. My deepest gratitude and thanks,
Hugs and love
Sarah

Redwolf8812 09-13-2012 04:22 AM

Dear Christine: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I've connected with so many wonderful people and have learned so much, all because of you. I am praying for you and yours. Love, Penny

caya 09-13-2012 06:22 AM

Dear Christine,

You and your dear husband Joe created a lifeline for Her2+ patients. This site not only supplies the latest developments in breast cancer treatment, but has become a place where friends can gather for much needed moral support - exactly as I am sure you intended.

Blessings to you and your family.

all the best
caya

bejuce 09-13-2012 11:40 AM

Dear Christine,

Words escape me as I try to express what you, Joe, and this site have meant for me. I wish I could give you a hug and shower you with smiles and happiness. It was here that I first came online with my story when I was in shock and desperate wondering whether I'd be able to see my kids grow up. Your story, your encouragement, and the community you and Joe have created have been my strength throughout my journey. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I'm eternally grateful for all that you and Joe have done for us. Please know that you have a powerful army of men and women cheering for you and wishing you many happy and healthy days ahead.

Thank you,

Marcia

phil 09-13-2012 05:58 PM

Hi Christine ! You probably don't remember our phone conversation almost 2 yrs go. My wife and I had just gone to Virginia to get Herceptin T DM-1 , the new " Super -Herceptin. We wanted to share the blessing with others, become advocates. I called you, and you were so encouraging. We have been advocating for Stage IV Rights ever since ! You and your husband were Pioneers in Her2 advocacy and support.
We are praying for More Healing !

Mary Jo 09-13-2012 06:15 PM

Dear Christine......Thank you so much for your kindness and love you've shown each of us here at the her2support site. It has been a wealth of information, support and love. YOU, sweet lady and your dear husband are the ones who made it all possible and we are all so thankful.

In this time of healing and recovery for you, know that, we, your her2 family support you with our love and prayers.

Mary Jo

suzan w 09-14-2012 11:51 AM

Dear Christine, This site has provided me with the safety net that I am unable to find anywhere else. It is filled with friends that answer my every question, support me when I am down...and are there for me whenever I need them. Nowhere else in this scary cancer world can I find this level of care, compassion and caring. You, and your wonderful husband, Joe, created a miracle. Healing thoughts coming your way!!! Much love, Suzan

Paty 09-15-2012 07:35 PM

Dear Christine,

Just a short note to let you know that I think of you often and that I wish you well. I pray every day for your recovery and thank our Lord that he gave me the fortune of meeting you, Joe and the her2support site, which have helped many in our difficult path through Breast Cancer. Thank you Christine and God Bless You.

Love,

Paty Garcia
Mexico

Jackie07 09-15-2012 08:40 PM

Hi Christine,

I've joined the Her2support site at least twice. Within a week after I had set up the user name and password in 2007, I forgot both of them and had to set up another one after consulting Joe. After a while I remembered having visited the site in 2003 briefly after my first BC diagnosis/surgery.

This is the only place where people understand 'chemo brain' :) But none of us will forget what you and Joe have done for the Her2 sisters/brothers...

Going through rehab requires a lot of energy and determination. Whenever you feel tired/frustrated, think of all your friends here who love you and are rooting for you ...

Jackie07

Lori R 09-16-2012 11:42 AM

Dear Christine,

I am in awe of the foresight and hard work that it must have taken to establish the Her2 support site. I can't thank you enough as it has been an emotional life line for me for the past 5 years.

Because of this site, I am knowledgeable and aggressive with my treatment. Something that I know has extended my life to allow me precious moments with my family.

Thank you for enabeling me to have those moments.....Love, Lori

BonnieR 09-16-2012 02:10 PM

Dear Christine, aren't all these letters amazing?? Imagine the lives you and Joe have changed. I think the measure of a person is the good they have done in the world and by that standard, you have made a huge difference! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Keep the faith. Bonnie

Midwest Alice 09-16-2012 02:30 PM

Wishing you well Christine, I remember our coat shopping in TX. Whaat a grand time we had. Sending love. What a wonderful place for us to gather and love and support each other. You are such a blessing to us all. Alice, the IBC sisster :)

Paula O 09-16-2012 03:22 PM

Hi guys,

We just got back today from a marvelous time in DC. Wow, was that ever fun!

Thanks to all who contributed to the group Get Well card for Christine. I'll be copying and pasting all the messages to her and sending them in a cheery card on 9/19. Feel free to join right in on this group card by 9/18 if you'd like to and haven't already.

I didn't hear back from her daughter Danielle re: my inquiry a week ago about a health update and asking for confirmation that this address below that Sheila posted in July is still current. If anyone knows, please chime in. If I don't hear anything, I'll just use this address and the nursing home can forward it to her if she's back home.

Christine Druther
Emeritus of Carmel Valley Room 185
13101 Hartfield Avenue

San Diego , CA 92130

Thx,

Paula

tricia keegan 09-17-2012 01:55 PM

Hi Christine,

I don't think we've chatted before but I have had a few chats with Joe in the past, I was so happy to find this website seven years ago when I was dx as we had nothing like this in Ireland! Thank you so much for bringing so much education and information into my life which helped me make what I think are the right decisions on my care and thank you most of all for bringing so many new and wonderful friends into my life.
Sending my good wishes to you and lots of Irish luck for your good health! xx

chrisy 09-17-2012 06:54 PM

Christine,

You already know That you have impacted and inspired, and given hope to thousands of people with your story, this website that you and Joe created, and your dedication to having us be " the best informed group of her2 cancer fighters in the world" to paraphrase Joe.

You are so loved by so many - by us of course, but also countless researchers, doctors, industry people and advocates.

I miss the days when we all would be at San Antonio and Joe would call out "Chris!" and we would both answer.

Wishing you all the best

Chris(y)