HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The Campfire (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37483)

Bill 01-07-2009 08:59 PM

The Campfire

I've lit a campfire, and I'm asking you all to join me in tending it. At times, we all awake in the darkest hours, alone and fearful. But no more. At all hours, 'round the clock, both night and day, our campfire will be burning, with friends gathered about, embracing one another and welcoming those who wish to come into the light and toss a piece of wood into the fire and burn their fears away. I've lit the fire, and now, I place another log into it, in the hopes that all of Celeste's (Freyja) fears burn away. I'm sure that, at any given moment, there will be a fire-tender around.

vickie h 01-07-2009 10:02 PM

Very beautiful thoughts, Bill. You can count me in as one of the tenders of that warm fire (I'll put some logs on later tonight). What a comfort to know that we can all wake up at any hour of the day or night and realize that we have a job to do, for ourselves and each other. I'll bring the marshmallows and the kindling.Bye, Bye fear..... Love, vickie

Believe51 01-08-2009 07:06 AM

Hey guys, I'll bring the graham crackers and of course the chocolate for our Smore's. I've been saying my prayers for her anyway but it is nice having our family gather in one place. And I will have to take my blankie since I am travelling, I never leave home without it! Anything else I can bring?? Cupcakes!>>Believe51

freyja 01-08-2009 01:42 PM

Tears of joy.

Bill, you got me. I just shed a tear of joy. I'm a big, big fan of campfires. I'll be stoking this one every day. Your flame is eternally burning in my heart...and that goes for everyone here.
Believe51, you are awesome. I've got my blankie too, and a banjo for those late night/early morning Bluegrass tunes. I haven't learned to play it, yet, but it's on my list.
Vickie's right, bye bye fear. How can I be afraid with people like this around?
Celeste

Believe51 01-08-2009 01:56 PM

Celeste, since you haven't learned how to play yet I feel a little better. I will sing, out of tune (lol) and hopefully you will drown me out....hehehe. As some of you know, I am a vampire so staying up to keep the home fires burning is not an issue, I'll take the night shift. Lots of love.>>Believe51

freyja 01-08-2009 07:38 PM

good night

I've got hot chocolate and grilled cheese at the fire tonight. One of the first songs I plan to learn on the banjo is Rainbow Connection, Kermit D. Frog style. Care to join me?
"Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and meee."

ElaineM 01-08-2009 07:44 PM

The Campfire

I'll bring my blanket and some every present cereal bars and join you. The campfire will keep us all warm and send the fears away.

Bill 01-08-2009 09:38 PM

Oooohh, hot choc. and grilled cheese sounds good. I play the harmonica, a "harmonica-savant" some have called me. Here, let me stick a piece of wood in our fire.....

Soccermom 01-08-2009 09:59 PM

I'll throw another on for sweet Celeste!

Marcia

Colleens_Husband 01-09-2009 08:51 AM

I like to warm my front side at the fire and then give my sweety a big hug. It feels so warm.

I always bring a six string guitar to a campfire. The twelve string heats up unevenly and it won't stay in tune. I like to play mellow songs or cowboy songs.

No s'mores for me. The gooey goodness gets all over your fingers so you can't play music.

There is too much fear around, I'll go out into the woods and gather some more wood.

notamrnpsn 01-09-2009 10:16 AM

campfire.

Now I know we will all be safe in the woods. We have both Bill and Lee taking care of us and helping to allay our fears. You guys are awesome, xoxo Jeanette

schoolteacher 01-09-2009 01:15 PM

I come to the campfire to just be with all you wonderful people, especially Freyja.

Amelia

Gerri 01-09-2009 05:17 PM

I too throw a log on this fire (of Hope) to keep it going. I pray that just as the embers from the fire float up in the air and disappear, so will all the fears that are brought here.

Thanks Bill.

freyja 01-09-2009 07:54 PM

smiles and laughs

The thought of us sittin around the fire singin and eating munchies and grinnin, makes me smile, even giggle a little. I feel so not alone.
I brought a whole pile of logs for us tonight. Let's put them all on and watch the flames rise.

juanita 01-10-2009 10:52 AM

y'all made me cry. i think we need maybe some chocolate martinis to liven us up even more so i'll bring those.

ElaineM 01-10-2009 01:37 PM

The Campfire

I have an idea. I would like to invite anyone with fears to bring those fears written on a piece of paper. After the campfire gets going we can invite people to throw those pieces of papers with their fears on them into the fire to be burned. Our warmth as a group will help chase those fears further away. After we leave the campfire we will all be ready for a new beginning and the strength to keep walking fearlessly and do whatever it takes until everyone is NED.

notamrnpsn 01-10-2009 01:42 PM

The campfire

Elaine, That is a wonderful idea. I am going to write my fears down tonight, Jeanette

sassy 01-10-2009 05:30 PM

Lee, I'm with you on the S'mores, so I'll bring some hot dogs to roast. No buns, just the dogs. And oh yea, I'll cut some good sturdy roasting sticks. If we decide not to roast the dogs, we can roast our fears on our sturdy sticks!

Bill 01-10-2009 08:34 PM

Great idea, Elaine! Right now, I'm tossing a piece of wood onto our special fire and asking for a moment of silence. A close friend of a close friend of ours has been injured and needs our thoughts and prayers. Just a moment of positive thought, and prayer, as we gather around our fire, together, hand-in-hand, can work wonders.

hutchibk 01-10-2009 09:19 PM

Oh crap, I just heard something in the woods... oops, sorry I spilled your cocoa, Bill. Lee, would you be so kind to put on my infrared headset and see what I heard? Sasquatch you say? What was that Lee, I can't understand you, you sound like you're choking or something. Stop kidding around. Lee? Lee? Uh oh.