HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Progression, need options (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64508)

valleygirl 02-05-2016 07:31 PM

Progression, need options

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have progression and need some help deciding my next step. Dr. Wanted to start Taxotere now. I decided to wait because she stopped my perjeta and I missed 3 treatments because of my echo. Finally did MUGA and was put back on Perjeta. Never stopped Herceptin. I'm thinking I have progression because I stopped the perjeta. Husband and friends think I should start Taxotere now. Dr. said I can get another scan in April. I want to wait till then to see if the perjeta and Herceptin work. I have a cruise planned in March. What would you do? What about trying tdm1? Really need some help, thanks

lkc Gumby 02-06-2016 07:03 AM

Re: Progression, need options

Hi VG. Sorry to hear of your progression. Personally, I would start the tax., as it has a bigger kick with immunotherapies.
Enjoy the cruise and wishing you well

MaineRottweilers 02-06-2016 08:48 AM

Sorry to hear about progression. If I had a cruise planned, I might hold off on Taxotere until I returned but I would add back the Perjeta right away. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

thinkpositive 02-06-2016 06:23 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your progression. I don't have any advise to offer regarding your treatment options but wanted to wish you well. Enjoy your cruise!

Take care,
Brenda

tricia keegan 02-07-2016 03:01 PM

I found the Tax to be easily tolerated so would add that to the Perjeta now.

Donna H 02-08-2016 02:03 PM

I'd enjoy the cruise and while soaking up the sun and enjoying great food, weigh your treatment options and what makes sense both in your head and in your heart. Whatever you decide, it will be the right decision for you.

Laurel 02-19-2016 06:27 PM

Curious to know what you decided and how you are doing? Still going on that cruise? Should be just around the corner now!

valleygirl 02-20-2016 04:21 PM

Hi Laurel,
Thanks for asking. I have an appointment for a second opinion at Penn med and another with Sloan-Kettering. Both before my cruise. Still hoping to go, just have to see what they say

Laurel 02-20-2016 06:49 PM

Both are wonderful institutions! I hope they have a good plan for you and you can enjoy your cruise with hope as your banner! Please keep us posted on what Penn and Sloan have to offer.

Will keep you in my prayers,
Laurel

Pray 02-24-2016 03:21 PM

Keeping you in my prayers.

jra40 02-25-2016 09:40 AM

Keeping you in my prayers too. Hope the cruise is a go, you need some fun, sun on your face, and the smell of the ocean!