HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Joy is in the hospital (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39467)

Unregistered 05-19-2009 11:49 AM

Joy is in the hospital

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all of the advice and support for Joy and me. She has taken a turn for the worse. Some of her constipation issues have been resolved but she was still in so much pain and her tummy is so swollen the doctor admitted her to the hospital. They did an xray and it did not show anything. So they are doing at CT later today. The doctor feels it is swelling due to her liver not functioning. Her bilirubin is only 1.3 and everything has stayed just about the same since her last blood draw two weeks ago. She's very worried that this is a sign of the end. I just can't believe that. I have to believe that this chemo could still work and others too. But I am worried about her liver just not being able to handle much more. Any advice again and words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I will update you as soon as we know more. Thank you so much! Jennifer

atdec05 05-19-2009 11:54 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I am so sorry to hear that Joy is in the hospital. I don't have any advice; I can only offer my prayers and support. That's good news that her levels are about the same. I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on and ease her pain.

take care,

Jackie07 05-19-2009 12:32 PM

Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray for Joy. Please take good care of yourself also.

WomanofSteel 05-19-2009 12:42 PM

Jennifer I am sorry to hear that Joy is still not well and in the hospital. I have no great advice, except to tell her that we are all praying for her and that she should try to keep some positive energy going. We will send some her way. Hang in there!

kimber 05-19-2009 01:08 PM

I am sick to read this latest news on Joy. I feel it is just a bump. She is a fighter and is no where near the end of this road. Good things are ahead for Joy. She deserves nothing but the best.

My prayers are continuing for you Joy!! As well as all of us sisters!!

RhondaH 05-19-2009 01:09 PM

Sending prayers to...

Joy and you. Take care and God bless.

Mary Jo 05-19-2009 01:12 PM

Sending my love and prayers to Joy. Know you are loved by all of us .

Mary Jo

michka 05-19-2009 01:21 PM

I am so sorry to read that Joy is in the hospital. I hope the CT scan will reveal what is giving her pain. Sending my love to you both. Michka

Believe51 05-19-2009 01:42 PM

Jennifer, my heart sobs hearing she is not feeling well and needed to be hospitalized. Please tell her to be patient with herself as they try to figure out exactly what is happening with her. They will rush to get these answers for her as quickly as possible and it is okay for you to make sure that they are. Your job is to 'not' feel like an overbearing caregiver and mediate the entire process of investigating. Of course this is easy to say and very trying to accomplish.

Joy has every right to feel all of these emotions but we need her to stay strong. The best place to be to expedite these happenings is to be in the hospital, which is an awful place to be when one is this ill. If you asked my opinion I would say too that this is not the beginning of the end for her. I say this from the heart and with all its heartfelt emotions. We have seen miracles here and I believe that we all could be the next one to receive that gift. She is having complications, Jennifer and I say this without belittling the situation for these are the same shoes for which I stand.

I believe with the information they gather for her will allow her to focus on just what fight to fight. I cry as I write but I still believe that this information is vital to the next choices she makes. I take it that this is belly and liver pain? I ask this because my husband (bone/brain mets) is in the worst pain ever in this journey and only sleeps because he passes out from pain. I am worried about him too.

Let Joy know not to lose faith and hope right now and again this is no easy feat. Let the doctors explore and supply her with the facts. Even when the facts look dim, there is always a shimmer of hope. Tell her Believe51 (Marie) loves her and is keeping her in prayer. I pray for you too, Jennifer, your job as a sister and loving caregiver does not go unnoticed. I am so happy to know that this woman I love is surrounded by all things good. Let her know that I believe and have witnessed miracles and I beg for her to have one of her very own. And Jennifer, let her know I still believe. Please breathe Dearheart, we walk besides you all as you find out exactly where she stands.......and remember that 'shimmer', a shimmer is all we need. She is a fighter and I think now she just needs to know what to fight.

We are here for you too. Let her know we only want her to do her best and this family will do the rest! Lots of love.>>Believe51

Mary Anne in TX 05-19-2009 01:45 PM

Prayers and best wishes while Joy gets her pain resolved. Please let her know how much we care and that we're praying and sending love. ma

lexigirl 05-19-2009 02:09 PM

Oh no. Please let JOy know that we are here praying for her. I do pray that the dr's will have wisdom to treat her.

Dear Jesus, please touch Joy. Heal her body Father and be with her loved ones and give them the comfort that only you can provide. In Jesus name, amen.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

lisajones4 05-19-2009 02:38 PM

Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. God, please bless Joy.

Hopeful 05-19-2009 02:44 PM

Jennifer, you are both in my thoughts. All good wishes to Joy from me.

Hopeful

Julie2 05-19-2009 03:12 PM

Please let Joy know I am worried about her and that she is in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie

schoolteacher 05-19-2009 03:19 PM

Please let Joy know that I will be praying for her.

Amelia

juanita 05-19-2009 03:44 PM

sending prayers and positive thoughts!

tricia keegan 05-19-2009 03:46 PM

Jennifer, I'm sorry I have no advice to give but will be keeping Joy in my thoughts and prayers.
Please tell her we're thinking of her and wishing her the quickest recovery.

Yorkiegirl 05-19-2009 04:25 PM

Jennifer BID MEGA PRAYERS going out Joy during this difficult time. Prayers for you as well and teh family.

I hope they can find out what is causing her pain.

Faith in Him 05-19-2009 05:25 PM

I'm praying for you both and for the drs that treat her. Please let her know we love her.

Tonya

Shobha 05-19-2009 05:30 PM

Jennifer,

I am praying for our dear Joy and feel positve that this is something other than cancer. I pray that the doctor's will quickly get to the bottom of this problem and she will be on the path to recovery!

hugs,
shobha