HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any good chemos I could try? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66599)

Mtngrl 10-28-2017 01:49 PM

Any good chemos I could try?

I've been in treatment since May, 2011. The last combo--Herceptin and Cisplatin, did not suppress the cancer, just my blood counts. I had progression in my lungs and chest.

I thought I'd move on to another combo of conventional (cytotoxic) chemo and Herceptin now, but my onc said no. She thinks it would do more harm than good. The last helpful one was Abraxane, but it made me pretty sick and the efficacy was diminishing. I've had navelbine, halaven, kadcyla, and cisplatin since then.

Does anyone know any facts that contradict my onc's opinion?

Juls 10-28-2017 05:46 PM

Re: Any good chemos I could try?

Hi Amy
Just a thought -
Has an immunotherapy drug like Tecentriq or Keytruda been mentioned.
Juls

Kat77 10-28-2017 08:03 PM

Sarah Cannon Research Center at Health One in Denver. I think they run numerous clinical trials there. May be worth a 2nd opinion from someone there unless that is where your onc is now.

Pamelamary 10-29-2017 12:00 AM

Hi Amy,
What about trials of the new Her2+ drugs - Margetuxumab and tucatinib? I know they are both being trialled here in Australia, but little else as I am still relying on Vitamin H. As far as I know, immunotherapy drugs like keytruda haven't been the magic bullets for MBC. Also, as I think you are Er+, any of the new ones appropriate?
Quiz your oncologist. Will have all digits crossed for you.
Best wishes..... Pam

donocco 10-29-2017 11:09 AM

Amy

Look into Ammonium Tetrathiomolybdate copper reduction. Its isnt quackery. A Dr Linda Vahdut has treated triple negative breast cancer with this and some patients have remained stable for years. The mechanism of action involves stopping angiogenesis so
triple negative , her 2 neu positive, er positive or negative etc may not be that important in this situation.

Paul

Mtngrl 10-29-2017 12:28 PM

Thank you all. I'm going to do Hercepti and Perjeta, and enroll in a trial of a new HER2 drug. A friend of mine is doing well in a Kadcyla+ Keytruda trial. She was Stage 3 at diagnosis last year, but had progression (not to Stage 4) while being treated.

Pamelamary 10-29-2017 04:13 PM

Hi again, Amy,
Which new Her2 drug might you be trialling? Good luck with the new treatment plan... Pam

Mtngrl 10-29-2017 04:46 PM

Pam--I hope it goes well. I always thought I'd have more time.

The investigational drug is Z125, by a company called Zymeworks.

Bunty 10-29-2017 10:42 PM

Amy, I hope you find a combo that works for you.... Great information on this thread, so thanks for starting it. And of course, if you can, please update how you are doing. You have a lot of people on this board who are right behind you!
Marie xx

Mtngrl 10-30-2017 11:41 AM

The new drug is "ZW25." the trial is just opening at UC Health in Aurora (just east of Denver.)

My onc looked in to other HER2 drugs in development. None are doing compassionate use.

Amy

supportwife 10-30-2017 12:35 PM

Hi Amy,

Did you look into the option of Tucatinib, apparently it has shown good results for brain mets.

MaineRottweilers 10-30-2017 04:30 PM

Amy,

I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to let you know that I really hope you find something. <3

Becky 10-31-2017 12:10 PM

Amy

Sometimes it's good to go back to the beginning with something that worked then while you are waiting for something new. Perhaps a relook at the Abraxane or taxotere/carboplatin with Herceptin and Perjeta. Adding an AI back in the mix too. Perhaps Fermara or Aromasin. Or Faslodex. It may not be the magic bullet but might push back the beast until something else comes along. What about a PARP inhibitor?

Always thinking and will continue to think for you.

Laurel 10-31-2017 04:25 PM

Amy,

I am afraid wiser folks than me have already chimed in with terrific suggestions. What a knowledgeable and learned group we are!

While I have no good suggestions, I will keep you in my prayer journal and ask for healing and minimally a new, effective combo.

Laurel