HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Its all going wrong (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52139)

bejuce 11-15-2011 06:47 PM

Re: Its all going wrong

So happy for your good news!!! I was thinking about you and I'm very glad your scan is stable!

Catherine 11-15-2011 09:20 PM

Delaney,

Your post brought out the wise women on our site. They all have such wonderful vision and strength. Wishing you some extra strength as you talk to your doctor. Glad you were feeling a little better. We will be anxious to hear from you.

Sending you love,

hutchibk 11-16-2011 09:24 PM

Delaney, on my brain MRIs, a tumor on the infindiblum has shown up twice. That is above the sella turcica that protects the pituitary. It is 'outside the brain' in the boney skull, and it is uncomfortably close to the optic nerves... my rads onc had to give me the 'we will be mapping and IMRT radiating in the area of the optic nerves and although I have never had it happen in 28 years, there is a risk of blindness' talk (which luckily went well in my favor). As well, a tumor in that region can compromise the optic area and affect vision a bit. Not that this is happening to you at all, but just more info that I have learned and experienced that you might want to have in your back pocket.

ammebarb 11-19-2011 05:44 PM

Like NanaJoni, I have recently been diagnosed with cataracts that my doc is attributing to my chemo of twenty eight years ago. Glad your scans were good, and hope to hear that your vision problem is something fixable. I am also planning cataract surgery, and was happy to see that NanaJoni has had a good result!

Paula O 11-19-2011 06:40 PM

I'm so glad you got this positive news!

Wishing you the very best,
Paula

tricia keegan 11-20-2011 02:08 PM

I logged in to check on you this evening Helen and delighted to see your good news!!

Delaney 11-29-2011 02:16 PM

I met with the Oncologist today and the latest mri shows a small tumour in the brain, left side. I am being scheduled for SRS. I know this is targeted radiation but can someone explain what to expect? Tried doing a search here but cant find the procedure described anywhere. Am really hoping this treatment zaps this single lesion as I am stable everywhere else.

tricia keegan 11-29-2011 03:59 PM

Oh Helen thats not what you needed to hear, I don't know about this found this link http://cancergrace.org/radiation/200...or-brain-mets/

I'm sure other's here will advise more and sending you good wishes for a sucessful treatment!

Survivor2be 11-29-2011 09:10 PM

OTher names for SRS are CyberKnife or GammaKnife. Try searching that.
www.brainmetsbc.org has good info about all that stuff too.

From what I've searched, the SRS is "quicker" than traditional surgery, but it takes longer to work since you are not actually removing the tumor. Sometimes you have to do it because you physically can't surgically remove the tumor. I also read alot about "tumor necrosis" with the SRS treatments.

Do you know where the tumor is located? My was a 1.5 cm tumor in the right parietal lobe, about 2 cm into the brain. They were able to surgical remove it and I haven't had any complications from that surgery (like vision, clumbsiness, cognitive function, memory). I take that back: I have problems with figuring math problems, like how much time I walked, how much tip to give, adding numbers.

Good luck with the treatment plan and stay with the fight. You are worth it!!!!!

Delaney 11-30-2011 02:05 PM

I'm posting this here in case anyone else has these symptons and it will give reassurance. I met with a neurologist today and he is adamant that the vision problems I've been having have 'nothing to do with cancer'. He thinks its due to hormones, being pushed into the menopause by chemo didnt help. I had migraines in my teens and he said that was also due to a surge in hormones.
He said the lesion shown on the recent brain mri is 'absolutely tiny' and targeted radiation should deal with that. He said the lesion was totally in the wrong location to cause any vision problems. This disease is never straightforward!

tricia keegan 11-30-2011 07:34 PM

My friend with brain mets had dizzyness and hearing issue's but no problem with vision so hope your onc is right Helen!