HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Christine, Our Founder Needs Our Support (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55313)

Sheila 07-27-2012 03:42 PM

Christine, Our Founder Needs Our Support

Just found out that Christine, Our Founder of her2support is still in the rehab center...maybe we could shower her with cards and posts here to keep her spirits up....without her, we would not have each others support. This was her idea, her vision, and look how far its come...WE OWE HER!!!!!

Christine Druther
Emeritus of Carmel Valley Room 185

13101 Hartfield Avenue
San Diego , CA 92130

tricia keegan 07-27-2012 06:16 PM

Re: Christine, Our Founder Needs Our Support

Thanks for the heads up Sheila and please would you pm me an addess to send a card to? Sorry to know you're not well Christine and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! xx

StephN 07-27-2012 07:29 PM

Thanks to Sheila for posting this reminder that Christine needs all our love and support. She may never get a lot better, but she is cognizent and will appreciate notes and cards.

sassy 07-27-2012 09:42 PM

Sheila,

Thanks for sharing the address for Christine in your post.

Lets all show Christine how much we appreciate what she and Joe did for each of us in their creation of this wonderful website filled with knowledge and support. It has been a lifeline for me and I am sure for many others here too.

Pray 07-27-2012 10:43 PM

Thank you Ladies! I'm writing the card now! I am so greatful to Christine and the three of you Ladies! Gods blessings to all of you! I do keep you in my prayers.

Your friend,

Nancy

BonnieR 07-27-2012 11:01 PM

Done! Thanks for the information. Hope she is soon home.

Joan M 07-28-2012 07:17 AM

Sheila,

Thanks for letting us know about Christine. She has been on my mind ... and I had just emailed Debra about her yesterday. Christine started this wonderful group, and for that I'm ever grateful to her.

Joan

AlaskaAngel 07-28-2012 09:26 AM

Good golly, YES - Thanks for sharing that, Sheila!

A.A.

sarah 07-28-2012 10:04 AM

Hello,
thank you Sheila for keeping us informed. This is sad news. I do hope she is not in pain.
Will definitely get another card out to her. She's such a special person as was Joe. Certainly this site is a lifeline for us all and a place where we know we have friends to turn to. I would certainly feel lost without it and the great and varied people on it.
health and happiness
sarah

tricia keegan 07-28-2012 11:34 AM

Sheila doh!! I just saw you posted the address lol, thank you!

michka 07-28-2012 01:35 PM

I will send another card from Paris on Monday. Christine is our "head of family". I am so grateful.
Joe and Christine gave their time and love to create the HER2 support Group. For us, for me. I still hope she will get better. Michka

Catherine 07-28-2012 09:39 PM

Thank you Sheila. I have not been on the site for a month or so, but glad I found your post tonight. I am writing a card right now. Christine and Joe were a vision of hope for me, when I just entered the BC space. You and the other people on this site are still my buddies and my heroes. When I meet someone new to the cancer world, I tell them to get on line and find their online home and support.

All the best,

Rolepaul 07-29-2012 07:50 AM

I too want to thank Christine for this site. It is worth noting that there have been several women whose lives were saved by what they (or people close to them) read on this site. There is no greater pride you can have than knowing you have helped hundreds, if not thousands of lives. Our debt to Christine and Joe can never be repaid, but by helping others were can Pay it Forward as we should.

marvass 07-29-2012 07:54 AM

Our case, to do IT herceptin, was inspired by Courtney and then Rolepaul.
Thank you Christine, you saved us. We would have never done this procedure without this site.

Mario

RhondaH 07-29-2012 09:43 AM

So sorry to hear this and I was just thinking of YOU!!!! Will definately send Christine wishes and I hope you are well also. Huggs to all. Take care everyone.

Rhonda

radiant 07-29-2012 10:34 AM

Will do! Several of us asked about her on
a post about her in the caregiving section -
but there were no replies.

SO - I'm grateful to know how she is doing
at least.

Kim

pibikay 07-31-2012 02:55 AM

Thanks Sheila.If I send a card it will take a fortnight.Can you just send one from Hema.

bejuce 07-31-2012 12:13 PM

Just sent her some nice flowers. Hope they brighten her day.

R.B. 08-01-2012 03:55 PM

You are a star Christine. I hope you feel much better very soon. (-:

ElaineM 08-01-2012 05:20 PM

I have my fingers crossed for success !! It doesn't matter how slowly you do it just keep going and you will have succes.