HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Coobi (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50386)

mmoons 06-10-2011 11:59 AM

Coobi

Hi there-

Someone posted about the bra called the "Coobi". I, of course, had to try it (remember I am the one that also bought pajama jeans...lol)

She was right. It is the greatest thing I have found since my mastectomy. I did not reconstruct. I love having a little form without the bulk. It is comfortable...so comfortable. I am getting a couple more because I wear it every day.

Great suggestion! Thank you. I am sorry that I cannot remember who's recommendation it was and search turned up nothing.

Love to you all,
Maureen

Jackie07 06-10-2011 03:13 PM

Re: Coobi

It was Bonnie:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50201

PinkGirl 06-10-2011 03:33 PM

So, if a person, not mentioning any names, has no boobs, would the coobi work?

BonnieR 06-10-2011 10:33 PM

That person would be ME, Pink Girl! And yes it works. But only to provide the smallest bumps on your chest. Which I find to be enough. Just a suggestion under a shirt. The bra can be worn around the house as a little top cause it comes in cool colors and I plan to wear it as a swim top (I swim in private!)
I contacted the company to ask if they made any larger inserts but it is only the one size. The DO make a larger bra although the original is said to be one size fits all.
Anyhow, I LOVE this product and am glad others do too. I ordered several more colors.

PinkGirl 06-12-2011 06:46 AM

Thanks Bonnie ... that's what I was wondering about cuz I'm as flat
as as pool table ... I'll order one today and see if I like it. One size fits all????
Even kind of extra-large pool tables???? :)

BonnieR 06-12-2011 09:26 AM

That's what they claim, Pink. Although I wonder if the larger size they now offer would also mean larger inserts, too.
One will never be mistaken for Dolly Parton whilst wearing this but I love the comfort of just having "something" on.
Let me know what you think.
I just looked at your photos and map. You are OUT there! Bobcats amazing.

Trish 06-13-2011 01:36 AM

Maureen
A recommendation from somebody who bought pajama jeans is a recommendation indeed.
I'm in,
Trish

PinkGirl 06-13-2011 04:51 AM

I checked out the web site and decided that I would go with the
'plus' size one ... except that right now they only have it in black and
that's waaayyyy too kinky for moi, so I'm going to wait until the other
colours are in stock.

mmmmoooonns ... I don't know about those pyjamas but I'm sensing that it didn't turn out well????

BonnieR 06-13-2011 10:48 AM

LOL, Trish!
Pink, I wear alot of black since it is proported to be slimming. So the black one works for me. I also got a sort of charcol color. Have ordered lime green! What the heck!

Yorkiegirl 06-16-2011 09:10 AM

I ordered one of these Bra's and I'm so glad I did.
This has to be the most comfortable bra I have found.
I did not have reconstruction and this works just perfect.
However all they had was black, I went and got that any way's to wear under darker shirts, will go back and order another when they get the other two colors in.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting about these.

BonnieR 06-16-2011 10:20 AM

My order came yesterday and I used the light green bra as a swim top. It was SO comfortable.
I originally found these in the Fresh Produce clothing store in my area. So you might check there, if you have one nearby
Finally, after 4 years, something comfortable.
PS. Are you going to the right website? Because I saw ALOT of colors available.....

hutchibk 06-16-2011 11:20 AM

I just saw a snippet about them in a magazine... maybe Redbook. I am definitely going on the hunt for them. http://shopcoobie.com

Midwest Alice 06-16-2011 02:03 PM

I was reading you guys and this sounds like what I am looking for. I am flat with rolls on one side and have a small left over skin one on the otherside. Rather strange. I figure I can take the padding out of one side and kind of look the same. I ordered a black plus size bra on Sunday night. I'll let you know. Should be here any time.

caya 06-16-2011 02:08 PM

Question - could you put a prosthesis in the bra? - i.e. could the insert be taken out and the prosthesis put in its place?

I have a prosthesis on my right side, real boob on the left.

Thanks for the info.

all the best
caya

BonnieR 07-08-2011 05:26 PM

Caya, just noticed your question. The inserts are thin and the pockets are quite small, so I dont think much of a prosthesis could be substituted. But a small one could. I have a friend who is putting in those "bean bag" inserts she got from ACS.
Coobies were not actually made for our purposes, they just happen to work very well!
Maybe you should give it a try if you are not too volupuous.
Let me know.

caya 07-08-2011 09:07 PM

Thanks for the info Bonnie, but I think I'm too "voluptuous" for a Coobie.

all the best
caya

Midwest Alice 07-09-2011 08:17 AM

Hi, I love my Coobi. Using both of the padded inserts I add three Kleenex to the right side and I almost look balanced!!!! This is do able for me. Thanks so much. It gives me a little more confidence when I go out. I plan on ordering a few more today.

Alice

BonnieR 07-09-2011 09:55 AM

Caya, sounds like Alice has found a way to maximize the stuffing. Reminds me of highschool, going full cycle with the kleenix trick!
Coobie also makes a larger size. I dont know if that means the insert pocket is larger too. You might ask them. Because it really is a comfortable garment.
Keep the faith.

Sheila 07-09-2011 11:28 AM

Bonnie, Caya & Maureen..etc...
I bought both sizes as I cant stand anything tight on my mastectomy side, where I have had reconstruction. I also wear the a symmetry shaper on that side, which is a full prosthesis that is somewhat hollow....it weighs about the same as my prosthesis did....anyway, since I am lobsided without it, I tried the symmetry shaper in the plus size coobie, just set it in and it worked perfect....in the strapless, I did get the reg size, but the plus size was more comfy in the scoopneck style....I bought one for my sister too....she loves it!

caya 07-09-2011 11:42 AM

Thanks for the info Sheila and Bonnie - it sounds like I could try the larger (plus) size. I hope they ship to Canada.

all the best
caya