HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone ever heard of this website? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37047)

hutchibk 12-10-2008 12:22 AM

Anyone ever heard of this website?

OK - I saw an add on Facebook today for "affordable cancer drugs" and it definitely piqued my interest, so I clicked on it very curiously.
Has anyone ever heard of this website? I find this really freaky and weird... It says that it is a prescription marketing broker, negotiating the best prices for its clientele. All prescriptions are dispensed by licensed pharmacies and pharmacists located in Canada, Italy, the UK, New Zealand, India, Switzerland, South Africa, Israel, and Fiji. (YIKES!??!)

http://www.buycancerdrugs.com/

Tell me what you think. I just find it really weird that you can apparently buy these without a prescription or anything, Herceptin included. I am inclined to think that something about this is not entirely on the up and up...

Please don't think I have lost my marbles - as I am not planning to buy any drugs online, but I just found it pretty kooky and thought I would share the kookiness with our forum of experts...

Chelee 12-10-2008 01:07 AM

Hi Brenda, I took a look at the website & I clicked on Herceptin & went as far as to add it to my "cart" to see if this is a "secured" website for starters. Much to my surprise it is? Hummm?

It also told me in order to buy herceptin a prescription is required. Here is what it said:

>>>A prescription drug is a licensed medicine that is regulated by legislation to require a prescription before it can be obtained. You must submit the prescription you obtained from your physician to order this medication.<<<

>>>They even note that they cannot legally ship any narcotic or controlled substances. We also will not sell any habit forming medications.<<<

Also if you click on "FAQ" it covers why you need a prescription, the amount you can order at one time and all kinds of things. Actually it sounds pretty legit when you read all the details but what a way to make money if someone handed out their credit card info to them and then the website up and disappeared. :o

I've seen many sites that sell other medications but not cancer drugs...this is a new one to me.

Chelee

hutchibk 12-10-2008 03:12 PM

Thanks for doing the deeper research Chelee! I still find it really weird that you can mailorder cancer drugs online.

Catherine 12-11-2008 12:31 AM

I only buy a few things on line....like airline tickets. I am with you....this would be a real trap for someone....so if they buy the Herceptin...who will administer it? Dr. Strangelove?

Catherine

mts 12-11-2008 02:54 PM

Maybe Dr. Feelgood...

tricia keegan 12-13-2008 02:49 AM

In the last few days there have been warnings on the news in the UK and Ireland about buying drugs online, with or without a prescription. In some cases the drugs are not genuine they say and can actually be harmful.

Brenda_D 12-13-2008 07:02 AM

Ip trace shows it registered to Pharmawebcanada.com, owned by cyber cast international, and coming out of Panama, South America.

StephN 12-13-2008 01:49 PM

Thanks Brenda "the techie" for the further info confirming B Hutch's and other's suspicions.

Wouldn't go near that site as it may also have infections to pass on to my computer.

Brenda_D 12-13-2008 02:51 PM

Yeah, in another life (before bc) I was a techie computer builder, and played a lot with software and operating systems. I do a little of that now and then, when I feel up to it.
The site itself didn't throw up any warnings on McAfee or Spybot, but I sure wouldn't trust them with my money or credit card.

harrie 12-14-2008 08:42 PM

My daughter just got back from Europe and she said in Italy, anyone can buy antibiotics OTC without a Rx.

StephN 12-15-2008 11:25 AM

Harrie -
THAT is scary info - if she understood correctly. I see the microbes mutating as we speak!

I am wondering if that is inclusive and one can buy ANY antibiotic or would just apply to the more common like tetracycline??

My family is planning a group visit to Italy in June - so hoping I can check this out in person!

harrie 12-16-2008 11:28 PM

Steph, I just asked my daughter again about the antibiotic thing. She said someone on her tour got sick, so the tour guide just stopped at the pharmacy and picked up some antibiotics for that person. There was no intermediary doctor Rxing the meds. She does not know much more about the details. But she did mention that it was really cheap.

Stella 04-28-2009 11:57 AM

My doctor recommended the site

I'm not sure if anyone will even see this since the original post is kind of old, but I just wanted to put in my two cents concerning the site in question (http://www.buycancerdrugs.com/). I've actually ordered from buycancerdrugs before, and it was because my doctor (thank you!) recommended it to me. He said that he's had other patients order from them successfully. So I just want to say that I've dealt with them, am still dealing with them, and I've never had any problems. Should I be posting this here or in a new thread? I still really don't know how this works, computers are not exactly my friend and I usually get my niece to help me! (Also, just for everybody's info, the company is located in Canada)