HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Wanted to pop in and say HI (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59342)

Sherryg683 10-20-2013 09:12 PM

Wanted to pop in and say HI

I haven't been on the board in quite a while but think about everyone often, was so saddened to hear about Christine and it breaks my heart. She was such an inspiration for me. I am coming up on 8 years NED with stage IV (lung mets). I still do herceptin monthly, don't want to change anything that may be working. I have gotten heavily into animal rescue and photography and have managed to combine my love of both. I photograph the animals that are on "death row" at our local shelter and promote and find them homes. This year I have saved over 300. I guess I feel a deep kinship with these animals whose clocks are ticking. I am feeling great and recently fulfilled one of my bucket list wishes...I took a 2 week road trip, by myself and headed west. Was very peaceful and spiritual. This board and you women were my rock for years and I wanted to say that I have not forgotten you all and continue to pray for everyone here.
sherryg

Pamelamary 10-20-2013 11:13 PM

Re: Wanted to pop in and say HI

Thanks for the update Sherry. We love stories like yours! Do you have any significant side-effects from such a long time on Herceptin?
Best wishes..... Pam

michka 10-21-2013 12:51 AM

Hi Sherry! Thank you for giving us such good news. I am happy you are well and very active. Michka

Paty 10-21-2013 01:06 AM

Dear Sherry,

I know you won't believe me, but I was thinking of you some days ago, wondering why you had not been on the board for such a long time. I am happy that youare doing things that you like and feeling well. Sending you hugs in the distance.

Paty

Bunty 10-21-2013 04:58 AM

What a wonderful post Sherry - you are an inspiration! Keep on keeping on.....
Marie

Becky 10-21-2013 06:35 AM

Sherry

I so glad you touched base and things are going so wonderfully for you.

Hopeful 10-21-2013 06:37 AM

Sherry,

I have often thought of you and missed your posts. So glad the reason for your absence here is your new mission with photography and pets. Thanks for the update.

Hopeful

caya 10-21-2013 08:34 AM

Hey Sherry,

I was so happy to see you on the board today. Great to hear that you are coming up on 8 years NED.

Please continue to be well and pursue your interests.

all the best
caya

tricia keegan 10-21-2013 12:00 PM

Sherry I'm so pleased you're doing so well and also want to applaud you for help save so many animals, I do a lot of animal rescue myself and know how difficult it can be at times and I'm happy for you.

StephN 10-21-2013 01:34 PM

Dear Sherry -
So VERY happy to hear from you, especially that the Herceptin has kept you in very long remission.

There has been discussion here about how long to remain on Herceptin once in remission and you are adding to it perhaps unknowingly!

Your daughter must be getting to be a young lady by now. I hope you still play tennis!

sassy 10-21-2013 06:10 PM

Great to hear from you Sherry and know you are enjoying life!

alicem 10-21-2013 09:49 PM

So wonderful to hear from you Sherry. How wonderful that you are doing so well! Glad you got to cross something off of your bucket-list. How far did you travel?

MaineRottweilers 10-22-2013 08:57 AM

Refreshing to hear there is life after treatment. I am glad you are doing so well and active. You're an inspiration.

Laurel 10-22-2013 06:05 PM

Way to live strong, Sherry! Love to hear how you are embracing the gift of life!

suzan w 10-22-2013 07:03 PM

What a great update! It sounds like everything is going well. We love to hear this great news!!!

KDR 10-23-2013 01:58 PM

Sherry,
So glad to see your post! I was think about your pretty picture the other day. I love what you are doing with rescues (travel to Romania, they need you there). Yours is an inspirational story, and I hope you stay happy and healthy.
Love
Karen

Mary Jo 10-23-2013 08:24 PM

Hi Sherry......I don't visit very often either but do come back to see how my "sisters" are doing! Kinship....you know! I was happy to see your beautiful face and your post. Thanking God you are thriving and well.

mimiflower07 10-25-2013 12:42 AM

Hi sherry... It's wonderful to hear fr you and other fr earlier years. Your certainly doing well. I still come here to see how all are doing. Honestly it's our her2 family this has been my go to place for good news & sad. Best wish to all of you.
Suzanne

lkc Gumby 10-25-2013 01:53 PM

good to see you Sherry! I think it's great what you're doing.

Jean 10-25-2013 09:32 PM

Sherry,
Your post put a smile on my face :) thank you.
Glad you are enjoying doing what you love.
You have inspired me to pay attention to my list.

Best Wishes,
Jean
PS Thank you for helping man's best friend.