HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just a quick update... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48902)

lk1 02-24-2011 08:28 AM

Re: Just a quick update...

Brenda,

Wishing you the best of luck with this treatment that so many call "a miracle". Hoping forever NED for you:).. Please keep us posted

Lots of Love,
Laura

alicem 02-24-2011 09:54 AM

You are simply AMAZING! Sometimes things really do go right in this world. Couldn't be happier for you!

pibikay 02-25-2011 06:01 AM

Wish you all the best brenda

Butters Stotch :) 02-25-2011 08:20 AM

Brenda, you are not only pioneer, but also beautiful woman!

AlaskaAngel 02-25-2011 10:29 AM

Go, Brenda, go! Hope you meet lots of other survivors on your trips!

A.A.

Mary Jo 02-27-2011 06:57 AM

Hi Brenda,

I'm so happy you posted. I come to her2support and always think of you and wonder how you are doing.

Praying all goes well but thankful you have found yet another option for you.

Blessings and much love,

Mary Jo

hutchibk 03-03-2011 03:10 PM

Crap on a crapstick... ECHO and MUGA came back too low (45%) to start TDM1 tomorrow. Will make an appt with a Cardiologist for early next week and possibly start Coreg and Linisopril, as well as diligent appropriate exercise, no alcohol/no caffeine, low sodium, and CoQ10... and hope for nice recovery of over 50% in the next 2-3 weeks. It's always something!

caya 03-03-2011 03:22 PM

Good luck Brenda, I hope that your heart scores go up quickly so you can start TDM1 as soon as possible.

all the best
caya

Jackie07 03-03-2011 03:27 PM

Are you in Denver right now? I wondered if the altitude had affected the MUGA score. Hope it improves soon.

chrisy 03-03-2011 05:33 PM

Well Brenda, you know what I think about it...

StephN 03-03-2011 05:41 PM

That crapstick is getting awfully FULL!
Time to get a new one?

Sorry about the MUGA. There always seems to be some area of our body that wants special attention. Give that heart what it needs and it will respond, just like your brain and other "places in need."

ElaineM 03-03-2011 08:44 PM

I am sorry Brenda. I hope the meds and a healthy diet get your LVF up and over 50 in the next week weeks, so you can start T DM1 then.

hutchibk 03-03-2011 10:01 PM

Thanks my friends... yes, I may be in the market for a new crapstick, Steph.

Jackie, I am in Austin. All of my scans are being done here, just treatment in Denver. So, I have canceled my plans to fly there in the morning. Will try again in 3 weeks.

Debbie L. 03-03-2011 10:03 PM

Oh, man, Brenda! I've heard that like blood pressure, MUGAs can fluctuate from one minute (hour?) to the next. How soon can you be re-muggaed?

Thinking good thoughts for heart muscles, and for you . . .

Debbie Laxague

hutchibk 03-03-2011 10:07 PM

I plan to be re-ECHOed/or/MUGAed in 3 weeks, after doing all the stuff listed above to help increase my percentages, and continuing them so that I can stay in trial. I wish it were just the wonkiness of my MUGA, but it matched the exact % of my ECHO that was done 7 days prior, so I think it is probably correct...

SoCalGal 03-04-2011 12:20 AM

I think that walking or hiking everyday makes a huge difference. CoQ10 will also help. The omega vitamins, too. I am sending good hearts to you!!! xo Flori

krisvell 03-04-2011 07:29 AM

Brenda;
Rats, rats, rats. I am really hoping the exercise and COQ10 will bring the EVF to 50. I'm passing along my best wishes and prayers that you'll get to those levels in 3 weeks. All my exercising I will pass along to you as support. I wish I could virtually give it to your heart.
Hugs,
Kris....

Mary Anne in TX 03-04-2011 12:25 PM

Hey Brenda,
Thinking of you today. Let me know when you're free. Ayden goes to Disney World for spring break.....maybe then? You're the best! ma

Darlene Denise 03-04-2011 04:01 PM

Brenda:
Damn it! If it's not this, it's that! That's how cancer likes to roll. I hate this setback for you after having so much invested in getting into the TDM1 trial.

I will keep a vigil of good vibes for your ticker to improve asap.

I'm on hold for my last dose of TDM1 due to low platelets. Hope to get back on track next Wednesday.

If anyone has some extra platelets they are not using, could you send them my way!!!

Sending my best and looking forward to sharing TDM1 experiences with you SOON!!!!

Darlene

Soccermom 03-04-2011 06:14 PM

ARGGGHHHHH!!!!

Brenda,just wanted to let you know I have come up with a mantra I'll be using on your behalf..EF 60...EF 60...EF 60...