HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Courtney (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54027)

KDR 04-15-2012 02:59 PM

Courtney

Passed away today. Just received the notice.

Thank you, Courtney, for being you. You will always be remembered, know how much you were loved.

Karen

rhondalea 04-15-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Courtney

I never quite stopped hoping for a miracle.

Godspeed, Courtney.

ElaineM 04-15-2012 03:31 PM

Peace and sympathy to Courtney's family.
Angel Courtney is watching over everyone now.

Soccermom 04-15-2012 03:34 PM

Just read the CaringBridgr post.

Tonight when I look to the sky I'll call the first star I see,"COURTNEY'S LIGHT" and say a prayer. U were such a wonderful spirited human being .. I'll miss you..

Marcia

Mary Anne in TX 04-15-2012 04:40 PM

a most amazing woman.

Jaimieh 04-15-2012 04:58 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with her husband, family and all that loved her. She was such an inspiration to everyone to never give up.

Ceesun 04-15-2012 05:03 PM

May God bless her soul. So sorry to hear this. Ceesun

Jackie07 04-15-2012 05:56 PM

So sorry to hear this. May her family and friends be comforted. May all of us continue the fight in her spirit.

Pray 04-15-2012 06:08 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to Courtney's Husband, family and friends. She will always be an awesome role model in this great fight of ours. Her courage, strength, will and most of all love of life will be missed but never ever forgotten. I know perpetual light is shining upon you Courtney. Peace.

Your friend,

Nancy

JennyB 04-15-2012 07:00 PM

Its a very sad day her hope and positive attitude were so strong and infectious

adelay 04-15-2012 07:15 PM

Love and prayers to a wonderful "sister", she will live on in all of us. God bless her family as they travel this difficult road...

Delaney 04-15-2012 07:22 PM

So sad. I think Courtney did not waste one minute of her life. I am so grateful for all the help she gave me. Thinking of you always. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

caya 04-15-2012 07:53 PM

Very sad. Another angel looking over us from above.

all the best
caya

kiwigirl 04-15-2012 10:24 PM

Courtney made a difference in my life and has taught me how to dell with this horrible disease. No more pain for a very brave lady. Thank you and peace to you. God bless.

Jacqui xxx

michka 04-15-2012 10:39 PM

I am so sad. Courtney was such an exceptional young lady. Much too young. My thoughts go to her family.Michka

bejuce 04-15-2012 11:00 PM

There are just no words for our loss. She was an inspiration and hero to many. Her husband was the best caretaker one could imagine, always by her side. Her mission will live on.

www.courtneysfund.com

Paty 04-15-2012 11:07 PM

So sad to hear this. Courtney will be always missed in this site. Her courage and fight against BC were a real inspiration to all of us.

Ellie F 04-16-2012 02:39 AM

I am so sad, there are no words that are adequate to express the loss of our sister.
RIP our brave sister and brave warrior. The world was a better place when you were here.

Ellie

Mtngrl 04-16-2012 04:09 AM

As I read the CaringBridge post I marveled at how much she managed to do while being treated for metastatic breast cancer. And I am inspired by her refusal to let cancer define her. Much too young, much too young. She could have been my daughter. It puts my situation in perspective. I pray her husband and family are sustained by their memories of her and by her undying love.

chemteach 04-16-2012 05:12 AM

I am so sad. Though I am relatively new here, I have kept up with Courtney and been inspired by her journey. Prayers to her family and friends and to each of you as well.

fullofbeans 04-16-2012 05:19 AM

Courtney inspired us all, a fighter and a lover my thoughts are with her family.

Becky 04-16-2012 05:53 AM

Courtney - although rest in peace is appropriate. I don't think Courtney will rest. She will see the Milky Way and visit other galaxies and planets. She will be here, there and everywhere. Courtney was not a rest in peace kinda gal. She was a go for broke, see it all, gal and I am sure she is a real groovin' angel. Courtney will be missed very much here on Earth.

jra40 04-16-2012 06:46 AM

Devastating, I was also hoping for a miracle. Thank you Courtney for being such an inspiration to me and everyone one else you touched in your life. May peace be with your family as you join all the beautiful angels in Heaven.

schoolteacher 04-16-2012 06:56 AM

I will also look at the sky tonight and see a star and think of Courtney. I am very sad. Somehow, I thought a miracle would happen too.

Amelia

Kellennea 04-16-2012 08:41 AM

What a sad, sad day.
God Speed, Courtney.

Vicky 04-16-2012 09:01 AM

Sad over the loss of our dear trailblazing, indomitable- spirited girl... Taught me so much not just about how to fight, but how to live. She clearly lived and will continue to live on in my mind and heart... Peace, comfort and prayers to her family in their time of loss and mourning...

Emelie B 04-16-2012 09:03 AM

Such sad news. Her spirit will live on in all those who were touched by her love of life.
Peace to the family.
Emelie

Gerri 04-16-2012 09:11 AM

Such an amazing young person - gone too soon to be sure. I like Becky's thoughts of where Courtney is now, up in the heavens continuing to find adventure no matter where she is. Live on Courtney! We will miss you here on earth.

sarah 04-16-2012 09:47 AM

very sad news indeed. my deepest sympathy to her loved ones. she was an amazing woman.
love sarah

Sheila 04-16-2012 12:41 PM

Courtney will live on in spirit for all who were blessed to have known her...she truly accomplished so much in so little time....her perseverence was a shining light for all to follow....godspeed dear Courtney, and peace to all who loved you...you have left an imprint on many!

JillaryJill 04-16-2012 05:09 PM

"The Courtney Effect"... effect...a verb meaning to effect or to influence. Courtney I did not know you but "The Courtney Effect" lives on. I believe I speak for many on this site...you all know what I mean. How can someone we never met have such an "effect" on so many? You were a champion dear Courtney wishing you Eternal Life to you in Heaven Courtney...you deserve it!

jml 04-16-2012 09:19 PM

So sad about losing sweet Courtney.
I met her very briefly and informally at SABC this past December
and was so touched by how close she and her mom were.
It reminded of me and my mom - no matter how old we are, we are always our mother's daughters - and it was evident that she felt so safe and cared for by her Mom.
I've followed her and Jay's post on CaringBridge and their love for each other is what story book romances are made of.
God bless you Courtney and to your beloved husband Jay and your family, friends and your family of friends here on this board, we honor your and will miss you~
Aloha & God bless~

Jessica

dawny 04-16-2012 10:26 PM

Such an inspirational woman, my thoughts are with Jay and her family

Dawn

caroline96 04-17-2012 07:28 AM

It made me so sad to find this thread this morning. Her love for life and her strong will to ever move forward inspired so many of us. Rest in peace dear Courtney.

Maria

Unregistered 04-18-2012 12:16 AM

I did not know Courtney, nor was I much in touch with this group, but reading about her history, and her fight, was inspirational, and I am sure she contributed to research to HER2 breast cancer by allowing herself to be involved in research. She was a brave young woman. We are all in her debt, and others will be in the future. Bravo.

Joan M 04-18-2012 10:26 AM

Courtney, You are an inspiration to us to carry on to defeat this miserable disease. Jay and your family are in my prayers.

rhondalea 04-19-2012 10:03 AM

Courtney's Gift to Me

I knew Courtney only through her posts here and on CaringBridge, but they were more than enough to fill me with admiration for her spirit. She was one of those bright and shiny people who leaves a sparkle in her wake.

Although it came too late to tell her, she gave me a great gift in her last days.

It turns out that her employer--a person of light, much like her--was my best-loved friend in high school. I have never been inclined to revisit those days, but he was the one I always wondered about and hoped the best for.

Thank you, Courtney, for your gift to me. I will never forget you.

Rhonda

lkc Gumby 04-19-2012 03:57 PM

so so sad to read of Courtney's passing. There are no true words to express what a wonderful, exceptional "live life the fullest girl" she was and what tremendous loss to us all.
My deepest condolences to Courtney's husband and family. Although she is not " present" with us, she will always be in our hearts.
RIP dearest courtney.

Mtngrl 04-21-2012 05:35 PM

It is sobering and sad to lose people like Courtney, but it's also a blessing to have known about her. I will remember her and advocate for beautiful young women like her to the best of my ability. I will honor her memory by telling everyone who I can convince to hear me out that breast cancer is not "the good kind" and that it kills far too many people and breaks far too many hearts.

Catherine 04-26-2012 09:17 PM

This is really sad news. Courtney and her family were very brave. I too kept thinking maybe there will be a miracle. Courtney was always full of hope and courage. My love and condolences to her family. She was a very bright star on our site. She will be missed by all of us and all the wonderful people in her life.