HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Quick Joy Update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39582)

Unregistered 05-26-2009 05:23 PM

Quick Joy Update

Hi everyone, thank you again for all of your kind thoughts and prayers. The cytology report came back with no cancerous cells in the fluid! She was very relieved. She had her 2nd Ixempra today. She's scheduled for a blood transfusion on Thursday due to low counts. And she may have to get tapped again but her swelling is way down thanks to a diuretic. As she says, she only looks 3 months pregnant instead of 6! So, that's the latest, I will let you know if anything new comes up and thanks again for everything. Take care, Jennifer

Carolyns 05-26-2009 05:30 PM

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for the update. As you can tell you and Joy have all of us pulling for you and sending lots of well wishes and prayers your way.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Mary Jo 05-26-2009 06:33 PM

Thank you Jennifer....I was anxiously awaiting this update and reading it made me smile. That was great news. I pray things continue to improve and this will only be a bump in the road.

Love and prayers ......

Mary Jo

rinaina 05-26-2009 06:50 PM

Joy and Jennifer, I am keeping my fingers crossed that everyday Joy gets a little better and that the chemo helps a lot. Keep that glowing smile of yours going and fight fight fight. We need that beautiful spirit of yours with us always.

caya 05-26-2009 06:51 PM

Thanks Jennifer for the update. Please give Joy big hugs and remind her that we are all pulling for her.

all the best
caya

naturaleigh 05-26-2009 07:26 PM

I was praying for Joy on my way home tonight. This is the first thing I read in logging in, WHAT GREAT NEWS!!! Praise the Lord in all things!! I also love hearing that she is her Joyful self, she can always find humor, "she only looks 3 months pregnant"!!

sassy 05-26-2009 08:10 PM

What wonderful news! Please let Joy know that we don't care if she looks ready to deliver! We love her no matter!

Soccermom 05-26-2009 08:48 PM

More love and prayers from me as well,Jennifer! WE need to get some more JOY in our lives! (selfish,I know...)

HUgs and Love,Marcia

Paty 05-26-2009 09:04 PM

Jennifer,

What a great sister you are. I am happy for Joy knowing that her results on the fluid came back bening. Once again please give her a big hug on my behalf and let her know that I am praying for her. All my love,

Paty

michka 05-26-2009 11:12 PM

Jennifer, I was hoping for this good news for our fighting Joy. Now I am hoping you will see results soon with Ixempra. Hugs to both. Michka

Jackie07 05-27-2009 01:07 AM

Thanks, Jennifer:

We love good news - thanks for giving the update. You both take care.

Ellie F 05-27-2009 02:01 AM

Hi I have been praying for you both and anxiously awaiting an update. Keep believing in miracles, they happen!
many hugs and prayers
Ellie

RhondaH 05-27-2009 04:21 AM

Thanks Jennifer...

GREAT NEWS...give her hugs from me;) Take care and God bless.

Pam P 05-27-2009 04:56 AM

A clean cytology report - huge!! Joy has been in my thoughts so much and I'm so thrilled for this news. I hope the ixempra treatments will be more gentle on her going forward. Thank you for keeping us updated on this good friend.

hermiracles 05-27-2009 05:54 AM

Much love and prayers to the both of you. Lovely to hear some positive news. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon12.gif
Blessings
Hermiracles

Yorkiegirl 05-27-2009 06:00 AM

yeah, I'm so glad that the report came back negative. Please let Joy know that prayers still continue for her.

Shobha 05-27-2009 08:21 AM

Thanks so much for the update, Jennifer! Keep the good news coming. Lots of postive thoughts and prayers continue for Joy!

hugs,
shobha

Terri B 05-27-2009 08:31 AM

I'm so happy for her! I hope her comfort level is getting better?

schoolteacher 05-27-2009 08:33 AM

Jennifer,

Thank you for letting us know how Joy is doing. I will be praying for her. Tell her I hope she is feeling better.

Amelia

basset girl 05-27-2009 08:51 AM

Jennifer thank you for giving us the good news. I am so happy for Joy that the fluid was B9. Praying for her to get stronger every day.

Nancy

lexigirl 05-27-2009 08:53 AM

Such good news!! Hoping for better news each day!! Please give her hugs from all of us!!

Lexi

Lien 05-27-2009 01:54 PM

Oh WOW! Phew! You made my day! Thanks for letting us know, Jennifer! You must be very relieved too! Give Joy a great big hug for all of us.

Jacqueline

lkc Gumby 05-27-2009 04:03 PM

good good news. I hope Joy is feeling better and is back with "us" soon.

mamacze 05-28-2009 07:40 PM

It sounds like Joy has climbed over the top of this mountain and I couldn't be happier to read your news. I have been thinking about Joy and wonder how her transfusion went; is she getting any energy back? How is the fluid accumulation - I hope the diuretics are keeping it at bay.
Jennifer; reading your words about the worry that is rocking Joy brought me back to my own dark days when I learned my cancer was in all 4 lobes of my lungs and my liver. A friend gave me this poem - A Blessing for a Friend on the Arrival of Illness - it was incredibly insightful and helpful for me. I share the link for you to listen to; please share it with Joy if you think it may comfort her.
http://odeo.com/episodes/22146100-SO...val-of-Illness
It goes without saying that Joy's Her2 warriors are joyfully praying for her to climb out of the woods - she is a real pro at it - tell her we are looking forward to seeing her post again. And thank you to you, kind sister for keeping us all up to date.
Love Kim from Ct

chrisy 05-28-2009 08:44 PM

OH, you meant a quick update about your sister, Joy! I thought you meant you were going to update our sense of joy...and so it seems that both were true!

Jen, I could SO hear her saying "I only look 3 months pregnant instead of 6" And it made me smile almost as much as hearing she got some good news and is continuing with her treatment.

Continued prayers
Chris

Believe51 05-28-2009 09:06 PM

What a relief Jennifer, I am so happy about the news, how 'Joy'ous this is for us all. Although I did not post I want you to know that I said special healing prayers for her on Wednesday. Ed will be going for his second Ixempra infusion next Thursday and so far so good. I also pray that she is headed off on the right tract now and racing towards beating the heck out of cancer with her normal humorous self. Keep up the good work Joy, you are doing great.

Wanted to know how the transfusion went? How is the pain level now? Jennifer, you are so special for keeping us updated this well as our Warrior fights back. Make some time for yourself when this situation becomes more stable.>>Believe51

Unregistered 05-29-2009 04:40 AM

blood results good!`

Hi Marie and everyone else! Joy's tranfusion went well, she was at the hospital a long time! But she did get her labs back from Tuesday when she had her second Ixempra, her CA 27-29 dropped 30 points, her bilirubin was cut in half and normal, other liver tests also in normal range, AST still high around 300 it's been that way for awhile, her onc says Nueslasta and other things can affect that number though. She has quite a bit of nausea and bone pain from Zometa and the other drugs, the last 2 days were pretty rough. But the good labs were encouraging and I hope they provide some encouragement for anyone else on Ixempra! I have been telling Joy about all your posts and prayers and it means a lot to her! Thank you all so much! Take care, Jennifer

Rich66 05-29-2009 07:36 AM

Thanks for the update! great news!

karenann 05-29-2009 07:48 AM

Great news! Sweet Joy is in my prayers.

Karen

Joan M 05-31-2009 06:44 AM

This is wonderful news that Joy is feeling better.

Joan

Lida 05-31-2009 02:04 PM

Jennifer and Joy,
Glad to hear Joy's good results. Hope that Ixempra is an effective chemo for her. I just had my first Ixempra Friday and it was pretty tolerable. I am receiving Neulasta shots after every Ixempra to help keep my white cell count up. (Neulasta helped keep my white cell counts up during my last chemo.) Wishing you the best, Lida

WomanofSteel 05-31-2009 05:26 PM

Great news! Glad that Joy is getting better, will keep her in my prayers.

juanita 06-11-2009 11:10 AM

adding more prayers from here!