HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Prayer Room (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32893)

Mary Jo 09-09-2009 04:55 PM

Re: Prayer Room

Please pray for my friend Ruth. She is the one I spoke of awhile back. The one with peritoneal cancer (similiar to ovarian - she even has the brca 1 gene as does her twin and her dd's) Anyway, my poor friend has stopped treatment as of yesterday. She hasn't been able to eat any food for about a month and half now. She is on a 12 hour nutritional IV at home during the evenings. She has all kinds of blockages because of the cancer and chemo just isn't doing it anymore. So yesterday she called me to tell me this was the end. Hospice was called in today. I asked if I could see her but she said "um...I'll call you." I doubt that she will. Ruth is a very private person. I was able to tell her how sorry I was and that I loved her. I will miss my friend Ruth and ask each of you to say a prayer as you read this that Ruth's passing would go quickly and peacefully. Also, that she would acknowledge her Lord and Savior and "go" to His loving Arms.

Thank you friends.

Sheila 09-11-2009 04:49 AM

MaryJo
I will keep your friend Ruth in my prayers...I know how awful it is to see a dear friend wither away in front of you...hoping she will be at peace soon. Surrounding her with prayers and love

Mary Jo 09-16-2009 06:52 PM

Please continue to pray for my friend Ruth. It won't be long now. She has had no nutrition in 8 days now. Just sips of water. I went to see her yesterday and we prayed together and said good bye. It was such a special time and I thank God He let that moment happen. She is very comfortable so far...thank God....so please pray that continues and her passing will come quickly and peacefully.

Love to you all and thank you for your prayers and kindness.

Mary Jo

hutchibk 09-16-2009 08:11 PM

Praying for all of the love and comfort that only God can provide to Ruth.

whatz 09-17-2009 06:28 AM

Lifting up thanks that we can support and lift each other in prayer.

schoolteacher 09-17-2009 09:20 AM

Prayers for Ruth today.

Amelia

sassy 09-22-2009 08:07 PM

Prayers for Chelee.

wnjn 11-24-2009 05:26 PM

May god bless everyone of you on this site. Thanks to you and people on other cancer support websites that I subscribe to I am able to say what I am feeling and this helps me to cope with the loss of my wife. I pray each and everyone of you recieve a special blessing from God.

Joe N

margiermc 11-24-2009 05:35 PM

A Great Idea - I have herceptin and doctor appt. Dec 3, I have not had pet scan since June.

In Jan, my 18 year daughter will see a surgeon, regarding her back
scoleosis, she may need surgery - 10 hr long, breaking of back bone.

My son signed with the ROTC Airforce, will be lt. in 3 yrs.

My only daughter and son, and me, I am always worried, scared.

My son had to sign a will for military - only 19.
My daughter's surgery is dangerous - only 18.
They are my only babies.
I'm NED with stage 4 bc.
how much more can one person take - I'm constantly scared and
worried - terrified for my daughter's surgery, and this does not help me with trying to be cancer free - stress does not help.

Thank you for opening up such a great chat area - I hope
we are able to keep it.

thank you, margie

dcis 8/8
liver met 11/08
10 wks, ned 1/09
vaccine 6/09-11/09

margiermc 11-24-2009 05:44 PM

I am seeing the dr. Dec 3, getting herceptin, and maybe, need another pet scan, last one in June.

My daughter - 18, sees the back surgeon - she has scoleosis. she sees the dr. Jan 15, I am so scared for the both of us

I cry all the time, my husband says, who are we crying over now,
and I say both of us.

margie, scared in Florida

Jackie07 11-24-2009 07:59 PM

Margiermc,

We'll be thinking of you and your family.

Sounded like you've got a lot of stress for the holiday season. I have a feeling that you have yet to get over with the trauma of your own BC treatment. "And then all these..." probably is what you are thinking.

Glad you've come to the prayer room. It tells me that you believe in the power of prayer. And definitely more prayers you will receive. I love the scripture about 'Faith, Hope, and Love' because Faith gives us the access to the supreme power, Hope gives us the confidence (for the 'unknown') and Love provides the stength we need.

You worry about your children because you love them. You worry about the future because it is not in your control - you've learned it from the shock of having breast cancer, and it's hard for you to be confident that nothing 'bad' will happen in the future.

But you've come to the prayer room. So it's all now in God's hand. And all we have to do is to go back to our childhood faith and 'let go and let God'. He is faithful. He will not give us anything that we can not handle.

I have not been 'home' to my parents for 11 years now. They are worried to death because I've had so many surgeries and treatments. They are too old to come here and I've been too sick to go there, so we talk a lot by phone. I think it is a good opportunity for you to share with your children your cancer-fighting experience. Let them know you will be standing by them as they have been standing by you.

And don't forget your hubby as he's going to be 'stressed out' as well (or more) having everyone else in the family going through major challenges.

The feeling is real. The stress is there. I 'hope' that through all our 'faith' we will all fill the holidays with as much 'love' as we can.

ElaineM 11-24-2009 09:34 PM

Prayer really does help.

StephN 04-30-2010 10:22 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with some of our sisters who are in tough circumstances right now.

VickieH has been on my mind, as we have not heard from Cap, and I feel they are taking the time they need to make the best of the life she has left.

StephN 08-17-2010 12:03 PM

Thought I would bring this one up, so we can pool our thoughts and prayers for Christine and her two daughters as Joe's services proceed this evening and tomorrow morning.

I am there in southern California with you in thought and spirit. Difficult to think of much else right now.

{{{{big hugs}}}}

sassy 08-17-2010 05:41 PM

Dear Lord, please be close to Christine, Danielle and Debra as they deal with the loss of their husband and father. Give them comfort, understanding, peace and strength as they move forward in life, never without Joe, as he remains in their hearts as well as our own.

You have received a special angel. Please grant us his continued guidance and care from heaven.