HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   NEDenise Has Died (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59572)

BonnieR 11-23-2013 02:21 PM

Re: NEDenise Has Died

I see by her obituary that she passed away in Hospice. There must have been a great deal going on following her last posting
I still can't believe it. So grateful for her husbands thoughtful visit to us amid all that he is dealing with right now
Keep the faith everyone

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-23-2013 02:24 PM

I looked for the obit but couldn't locate more than where and when the funeral way.

Where'd you find that, Bonnie?

LeahM 11-23-2013 02:27 PM

Andi,

Amy posted this on page 4:
Here's the funeral notice (Memorial service next Friday, November 29): http://www.huffandlakjer.com/fh/obit...34&fh_id=13918

BonnieR 11-23-2013 02:27 PM

Click on the link that MntnGrl posted a short way back in this thread. It opens the obit. Making this real and not a bad dream

BonnieR 11-23-2013 02:32 PM

There is also a link to a guest book you can sign attached to the obit

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-23-2013 02:33 PM

Thank you, Leah. And Amy. I was literally so blinded by the headline, NEDenise Has Died, I could not process anything after. I skimmed but had to walk away, lost in my thoughts and wondering.

So after her post on the 14th, something occured that brought her to hospice.

Just can't take it all in. Her Spirit was so lively to the end! Cannot imagine how this could have happened. You'd think I/we would be used to this, but somehow, I am ever shocked. And then shocked that I am shocked.

I've told my husband about half a dozen times. I know he knows, but I can't stop myself...

caya 11-23-2013 04:51 PM

Still shocked here too. When I saw that header ... NEDenise has died - I cried out loud "Oh No!" My DH ran into the room and I told him.

Just terrible, terrible... I hope that if Ted has a chance, and feels up to it, he can share more details of what happened to dear Denise those last few days. Just a few weeks ago she posted that I (caya) am a treasure on this board. Tears are spilling down my face now because the world has lost a great treasure - Denise.

We have got to keep pressing for the cure. Cancer is pure crap.

all the best
caya

Laurel 11-23-2013 05:23 PM

It is my strong sense that Denise was suffering far more than she ever let us know (just like her, right?). I had been very concerned about her for months now, just feeling that churning sensation of dread in my gut. She did give us little hints about how much she was struggling and how her quality of life was impaired. I believe she wanted to lift us up and defect our worry and concern off of her and onto others, so very like Denise. I believe her suffering increased greatly over the past month. Now she is in peace and suffers no more. It is the living who struggle with the resounding silence of a brilliant, vivacious voice quieted forever. I doubt those of us who so enjoyed her posts will ever forget the gift of Denise Kasander, but oh how very blessed we were to have had her here with us on this site.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-23-2013 06:52 PM

I agree and yet -- that brilliant vivacious voice is surely not heard by us here, but where she is -- she has them in stitches! Howling with laughter and good cheer.

And we have her words to remind us of all the many many lessons she taught us. About facing adversity and never ever saying yes to the ideas her Inner Voice told her even her wise docs were wrong on.

I love her, as you all do. And I respect her with vigor! She has stood for everything I aspire to be.

Andi

conomyself 11-23-2013 07:08 PM

Andi, that is an amazing, wonderful idea!!!

Denise said that she wanted to live to write a book..........well, maybe SHE DID!!!

Mtngirl, your post was so beautiful I cried (again).

Love,

Rachael

carlatte7 11-23-2013 07:40 PM

Does anyone else find themselves getting on here, hoping it was a mistake. Its still unbelievable.

norkdo 11-23-2013 08:02 PM

yes. very much. heavy heart hurting.

BonnieR 11-23-2013 08:19 PM

I quite agree with Laurel. Denise's last several posts spoke of alot of physical challenges. But she had such a way of deflecting things and putting a good face on it all that one wanted to believe that it was going to somehow be okay. When it wasn't. That was her gift and her grace
God bless her spirit
Keep the faith

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-23-2013 08:28 PM

I only just learned she was on Caring Bridge. That alarmed me. Like making funeral plans in my head.

I tried to access her there, as I have others, but there's a glitch.

With all her blechy symptoms (all of which I hated) she had her wits about her, could type without error, in differening fonts and colors with clarity and of course a funny twist to amuse us as we groaned with her...

A most endearing personality.

norkdo 11-23-2013 09:46 PM

Dear Sisters and husbands of sisters and others...
I would so love to call Ted and his phone number was given me by his mom prior to my finding it online. (white pages).
However, here is the advice I am giving myself....all our questions about the details leading to this unforeseen end will indeed be answered soon enough. The second any of us learn them we are sharing them as so many are crying right now. Right now, I would just love to shower Ted, her sons, Jack and Ben, with flowers. That is all i want to do right now. Any more details leading to this inexplicable death we all promise to share the second we get it, right?
address for flowers:

Theodore J Kasander
Home (215) 368-0711
Home (610) 265-6545
1011 Lansdale Ave
Lansdale, PA 19446-1621
Associated: Denise B Kasander

BonnieR 11-23-2013 10:20 PM

I think upon reading Denise's last posts that this was not unforeseen or inexplicable. It was just a shock to have happened what seems like quickly. Especially because she tried to keep the mood light all along. Obviously we were not privy to what was transpiring in the end. It was a sacred time for her and her family . I think we should give them their space and privacy. If Ted wants to share more with us later I'm sure he will. Meanwhile we can post on her guest book. There's a link in this thread
Keep the faith

SoCalGal 11-23-2013 10:50 PM

Nora, I was not commenting on your post - just sharing my own thoughts. Anyhow - removed my post.

StephN 11-23-2013 11:11 PM

Flori - Please do share your thoughts. You have good wisdom.

I was trying to recall the DANGER, WILL ROBINSON quote in Denise's last post.
From Wikipedia:
“Danger, Will Robinson!” is a catchphrase from the 1960s’ American television series Lost in Space spoken by voice actor Dick Tufeld. The Robot (played in body by Bob May), acting as a surrogate guardian, says this to young Will Robinson (portrayed by Bill Mumy) when the boy is unaware of an impending threat.

Lost In Space! Wouldn't you know that NEDenise was giving us clues to her situation. She was most likely not wanting our pity, just our normal love and prayers.
RIP, dear woman.

BonnieR 11-23-2013 11:25 PM

Yes Flori, you have a fresh perspective! I liked what u said. I appreciate what everyone here has to say. All different views. And we can all agree on shared grief
Steph, I was commenting to my husband about that last thread "Auntie Em, Danger, incoming..." Etc. How clever it was. And how telling. She was sending out a distress call without really doing so
Keep the faith

Saygoon 11-24-2013 12:10 AM

My heart hurts..... whenever I felt down I would look up her old posts and laugh again. Prayers for her family