HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Extremely Short Stories for those of you with Extremely Short Attention Spans (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44713)

Jackie07 12-26-2010 03:29 PM

Re: Extremely Short Stories for those of you with Extremely Short Attention Spans

Bought 4 Lauren by Ralph Lauren bath towels, one Martha Stewart full-sized sheet set, one 3-Qt stainless steel soup pot, and one big, green-colored ball (Christmas tree ornament) All together for a little over $40.00 at Macy's. They are having another 'After Christmas Sale' from 10am to 1pm Monday. (Just an 'extremely short' commercial. :)

Colleens_Husband 12-30-2010 09:15 AM

Re: Extremely Short Stories for those of you with Extremely Short Attention Spans

After raising four sons and having had four grandchildren, Edgar became convinced that Legos were invented by Danish podiatrists.

The End

Colleens_Husband 01-10-2011 08:53 AM

Tears streamed into Wendy's eyes as she neatly packed her two suitcases. She was at a crossroads and she needed some time to think. Carl was a good man but she did not think she could stay married to the type of person who would eat the last three Rice Krispie treats. The End.

fauxgypsy 01-11-2011 07:13 PM

The candy cane was the last of his kind. It was the end. Cellophane crackled. His last thought, everyone sucks.

Colleens_Husband 01-12-2011 10:41 AM

Faux Gypsy:

That was an absolutely brilliant post! Well done!

Lee

PinkGirl 01-13-2011 09:46 AM

I agree ... a brilliant short story ... and she looks fabulous!!!!

fauxgypsy 01-15-2011 09:33 PM

Pink and Lee, Thanks so much. I told a friend that I seem to be obsessed with hair. Personal hair care products just seem to multiply and I now have an iron that makes waves. Which in turn led to another product to keep it from burning my hair. I said it was probably because I was just happy to have hair. Which is me quoting me. A woman I know made a crappy remark about my very short hair at one point and I smiled at her and told that I was just happy to have hair. When someone whispered in her ear about the cancer, she was very embarassed, but some people just don't know when to shut up.

Marlys 01-20-2011 03:45 PM

JOKE
OF THE YEAR

Two women were sitting quietly together, minding their own business.

Colleens_Husband 01-23-2011 08:39 PM

As Jeremy was gnawing through the leather straps which bound his hands, he thought to himself, "No matter how much the ink blot on the Rorshach Test looks like two naked nuns chasing an elephant down a long dark tunnel armed with bananas, you are almost always better off answering, 'A butterfly'."

Jackie07 01-24-2011 02:28 AM

'Human' or 'Animal' actually scores better if you look at the orignial pictures used:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

Be careful not to be 'fixed' on the butterfly - it looks like 'moth' which reminds me of the main character in 'The silence of the lamb'... :)

fauxgypsy 01-30-2011 08:40 PM

The silence was breathtaking. She had never imagined a padded cell could be so peaceful. Thank goodness she had said the ink blot on the Rorshach Test looked like two men farting. What a vacation.

Marlys 02-02-2011 04:23 PM

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 1pt; PADDING-LEFT: 1pt; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-RIGHT: 1pt; PADDING-TOP: 1pt" width="100%"><TABLE class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top><TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; MARGIN-LEFT: 31.5pt" class=ecxMsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 430pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=573>One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag or bitch.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

But it was a long time ago, and it was just
that one day.
The End

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Colleens_Husband 03-23-2011 09:03 AM

Chris, who did his NCAA bracket based on the fiercest mascots, picked the Michigan Wolverines over the Florida Gators. Alec had come to the same conclusion choosing the most delicious.

Colleens_Husband 03-23-2011 09:12 AM

Alec’s heart pounded; since childhood, it had been his ambition to gain entrance to a secret society, and tonight was to be his initiation. Insights would be revealed, ancient mysteries laid bare for his inspection. He stood on the dais, black cloak about his shoulders, curved blade held aloft in his right hand, his left holding back the goat’s head. At that moment, the president of the Rotary Club informed Alec that he could simply take his seat.

Estelle 05-07-2011 09:19 PM

Only when she heard the creak of the back door opening did she remember her mother's words to lock the back door.

The End

fauxgypsy 11-19-2011 07:02 PM

Never in her wildest imaginings did she think that when she grew up she would be standing around with her hand inside a turkey. Happy Thanksgiving.