HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need your prayers... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37929)

Brenda S 02-25-2009 06:34 AM

Positive thoughts!

MaryAnne,
I understand your "worries" I'm entering the final phase of my "battle" and recently had a scare. I had terrible bone pain--still do-- and was almost convinced I'd fallen victim to bone mets. After a very worrying few weeks I had a complete, full body bone scan. The results came bach CLEAR. I'm confident your results will be the same. Keep the faith. I've said a prayer for you, and will do so again.
Stay positive!!
Warmest wishes,
Brenda

harrie 02-25-2009 03:39 PM

RE: Jackie's recent post on the Hans Chinese. Very interesting info Jackie. If it is true that they are genetically related to the Jews like that, it puts that genetic study into a very different light in the statement that Asians are understated in the predisposition to the BRCA1/2 gene. No wonder the results came out like that.

Brenda, I am very happy to hear of your bone scan results!! WHEW!!!
My results were good also. Just what I wanted to hear.
Maryanne

lizm100 02-25-2009 06:23 PM

Maryanne-

I'm sooooo glad that your biopsy turned out to be B9!!!! It's incredible how our mind thinks the worst after having cancer, we've all been there. Things that we would have never paid attention to b/4, now we fear. In any case, you can rest assured and celebrate!!!

Wishing you the very best,
Liz

tricia keegan 02-25-2009 06:51 PM

Maryanne, so glad you got a B9, I did too so we both have both have lots to feel grateful for!

harrie 02-25-2009 11:37 PM

Yea Tricia!! Now we can both bring our shoulders back and down and take that nice deep exhale!!

ElaineM 02-26-2009 03:37 PM

Need your prayers

Regarding the Han Chinese and the Jews. There has been travel between the Middle East, various parts of Asia, Asia Minor (modern day Turkey), Africa and Europe since the earliest times, so the Jews who migrated from the Middle East to Western and Eastern Europe (Askauer - spelling ?? Jews) may not be the only ethnic group that can carry the BRCA genes. I learned in linguistics class that the old Turkish language is in the same language family as the old Chinese language. Humm. Interesting. I always thought that it might be possible for other ethnic groups to carry the BRCA genes.

Unregistered 02-27-2009 08:56 PM

Harrie,Elaine et al,
My computer died for real this time...sigh...so for now on husbands laptop (ugh)...I would love to go into detail but that will have to wait except to say that there are literally hundreds of ethnic groups that have had specific BRCA mutation identified...

This might be of interest...
"the Portuguese converso connection may explain how the Jewish mutation got to Western India, but I now realize that Goa is long way from Konkan. But the Chitpavan home area there, isn't it the same place where the Bene Israel used to live before they moved to Mumbai and, ultimately, all the way to Israel?

Bene Israel have their claim to Jewish roots confirmed by modern genetic studies. Their maternal lineage (mitochondrial) is local Maharashtran, but the paternal lineage (Y-chromosome) is famous Jewish Kohanim. According to their legends they moved to India in 2nd century BCE. So there were some people with really old Jewish roots in your own ancestral neighborhood.

The only problem is, I couldn't find any references to 187delAG being found in any Bene Israel. If the mutation doesn't exist in their population, then it must have reached you by some other route..."

Adriana Mangus 02-27-2009 10:35 PM

Glad to hear good news

Harrie;

I'm happy for you. Thank God it was just a case of a "broken" back.

Love,

Adriana

ElaineM 02-28-2009 10:56 AM

Need your prayers

Aloha unregistered guest and harrie,
There was vibrant trade, diplomatic and religious missions between Japan and the rest of the world all the way up to the early 17th century and then after the mid 1800's, so it is quite possible that travelers (including Askauer Jewish people) got to Japan from Goa, the rest of Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and all of the Americas. Asians came to the Americas in rather large groups after the late 1800's. It is very possible that BRCA can be found in many ethnic groups in addition to the ones medical professionals have identified.

Joan M 03-01-2009 08:25 AM

Maryanne,

Great news. I'm so relieved to hear that the results were benign.

Joan