HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers Needed for Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34802)

Bill 07-20-2008 06:46 PM

Thank God the MRI was clear. Thanks Jen, for keeping us informed and give your Mom a big hug for me.

LOPSIDED 07-21-2008 07:53 AM

I Just Saw This Thread, How Relieved I Was To See The Scan Came Out Okay. I Always Read Sheila's Post And I Think She Is Amazing. I Hope She Is Feeling Better Every Day.

Mary Anne in TX 07-21-2008 09:40 AM

Such great news! Time for celebration and appreciation! ma

Soccermom2006 07-21-2008 10:09 AM

WONDERFUL news! I am hoping that that Sheila sontinues to feel better and better!
Hugs Sheila!
Marcia

Sheila 07-21-2008 11:45 AM

I am so relieved

Where do I start to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers and well wishes....you are a testament that prayers DO work....what started out as "not feeling well" for 3 days, landed me in the ER in Chicago for a stat brain MRI....I called to see if my onc. would order an MRI for this Thursday when I have a treatment, and when she wasn't in, I was handed over to to other oncologists at Rush, Dr. Raou and Dr Cobleigh, who decided that the nausea, dizziness and headache required immediate emergency intervention. After the MRI, EKG, Chest xray, IV fluids and numerous bloodtests, they did not know what caused the symptoms... I was kept in an observation room in the ER...even fed dinner, until they decided I could go home. I was soooooo relieved...the nausea and dizziness have finally gone but I am still having the headache....couldn't drive for a few days, and my computer decided to crash, so I truly was housebound and sealed off from the world....well the Her2 support world...which is SO important to me. My daughter called me that night and told me she had posted asking for prayers...i think she notified the board before my family!!!! She knows what the women and men on this site mean to me!
Again, thank you all so much.....you are the substance that makes this all bearable....and I am so glad to be back with you!!!!

hutchibk 07-21-2008 12:13 PM

we couldn't do it without you, dear Sheila! I am so happy that you are feeling better. I wonder if it is a middle or inner ear thing... I had something milder but similar last summer. Scared me silly. My doc and I talked it over and it turned out that it was something I was having allergic reaction to that caused my middle ear to have swelling, in turn causing dizziness, queasiness and mild headache. I took my Allegra for a couple of weeks with regular Motrin for anti-inflammatory, and over a course of a about a week the symptoms started to subside considerably. Also, I am guessing that whatever I was reacting to (pollens or molds in the air) also started to disappear...

Jackie07 07-21-2008 12:22 PM

So glad to hear from you, Sheila. It's always good idea to have everything checked out. Don't let the false alarm hinder your decision next time when you need medical attention again.

Before my first brain tumor diagnosis, I had two family doctors who believed that it was all just in my head. Turned out there was indeed something in my head. And it took more than a year - till my headaches were so huge that when I woke up one morning, it was like someone chopped my head in the middle. Still, it was dismissed as 'migrain' and/or job stress - until I saw a neurologist who is a native from India, and he uttered the words: "Chronic headache; insertion headache" and sent me for a CAT scan.

Keep a diary will be a good idea. (I am telling myself again - if I don't write it down, I won't remember it.)

Patty F 07-21-2008 01:28 PM

Sheila
Glad you are home and feeling better.

Carolyns 07-21-2008 04:35 PM

Sheila,

Thank goodness. It is even better than usual to hear from you. I hope that your headache goes away soon and glad to hear that the other symptoms have gotten better. What a scare... thanks for checking back in so soon, you have brightened many people's day / week with your news.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Mary Jo 07-21-2008 04:43 PM

Hi Sheila,

I've been waiting and waiting to hear from you and here you are. Oh, I'm so relieved. How incredibly scary for you (and ushttp://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon12.gif) but thank the Lord Almighty that all came out fine and here you are back among us.

You were missed and you are loved.....

Mary Jo

Barbara2 07-21-2008 09:58 PM

We are all so very thankful for your good news and you will still be in our prayers. Hugs to you and your loving daughter.

WomanofSteel 07-22-2008 05:09 AM

Sheila, glad to see you back. Hope you figure out what was causing everything. Bummer about your computer. I keep my old slow turtle of a computer down my basement for those kind of emergencys. Nothing worse than being cut off from your lifeline. Hang in there girl! Jacquie

TriciaK 07-22-2008 03:22 PM

Shiela and Jennifer, I've just read all 4 pages of this thread---it is so typical of the love and concern of everyone on this board. Thank you, Jennifer, for posting. It means so much to us to know about such things concerning someone we love, and then to get all the feedback and finally hear from Sheila that all is well---quite a roller-coaster! I will keep you in my prayers, too. On a light note, Sheila, you can now tell people what I tell them when they say "You should have your head examined"! My answer is "It has been examined and it's fine, thank you!" As for the dizziness, sometimes it is inner ear and can even be meds. I am so dizzy any more that I have to use a cane for balance. My heart meds seem to be my problem so I take them at night. It sounds like you have good doctors and they should be able to find an answer, but sometimes it is just one more "insult-to-injury" that we have to put up with. So glad you are better! Hugs, Tricia

chrisy 07-22-2008 09:20 PM

Sheila,
I've been reading your posts since your computer got back up and your head was given the all clear. Not only is it great to see you back, but I noticed your sense of humor roared back at full volume! A gift to all of us since we know laughter releases all sorts of good chemicals into the bloodstream (and is the best medicine).

I can relate to the vegas showgirl wigs - I had an "in" with the local cancer center where they did the look good feel better, and actually got about 4 different wigs at the same time! Two of them were my old conservative (but short) hair, one turned out to be a bit of a June Cleaver look (not my style) but my redhead was dynomite! Even my husband didn't recognize me.

Anyway, do take everyone's advice, put your feet up and relax a bit,

You know, we'd be lost without you!